[WIP] Batman Doom: Reborn - Now on GitHub

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] Batman Doom: Reborn - Now on GitHub

Postby Danfun64 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:39 pm

One of the things the original Batman Doom lacked is multiplayer support. Do you think you can add that to Reborn?
Danfun64

Postby Ozymandias81 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:56 am

Danfun64 wrote:One of the things the original Batman Doom lacked is multiplayer support. Do you think you can add that to Reborn?

Uhm who knows, maybe? Probably it would be a thing with a whole new mapset for Zandronum, but atm it isn't a priority.
Consider this addressed for the future ;)
Ozymandias81
Doom is a State of Mind... Out of Control.

Postby CeeJay » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:56 am

Does anybody know how MAP07 triggers the exit from a technical perspective. I'm seeing a lot of enemies in hidden rooms, including the penguin-copter and firefly but I've no idea how all this is supposed to work together and what exactly triggers the "door" allowing you to exit.
CeeJay

Postby Ozymandias81 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:24 am

Afaik MAP07 uses the OldFormat map07special, which means that once you have defeated a specifical kind of enemy you'll trigger the end
But for what I can see the map is a bit messed up, specially concerning the final copter sequence, but at least I have noticed once you have defeated all Terrorists (those black guys), the red door will open so you'll be able to leave the copter and trigger the next level.

It is something that I still have to check and fix anyway, thank you CeeJay!

[EDIT]: The PenguinCopter is a dummy actor for an ambient sound
Ozymandias81

Postby CeeJay » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:32 am

I gathered that the chopper was just there for the amibance, I guess that's why the firefly is there too. Problem is, without being able to kill these two you can't reach 100% kills. The shotgunner (red cap) replaces the Mancubus, wonder if that's the enemy that actually triggers the exit door. If there is only one of 'em in the entire map, good chance that is the case.

EDIT: Nope, not that simple. This map is driving me nuts.
CeeJay

Postby Ozymandias81 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:19 pm

The dummy AmbientSound will be easily fixable through -COUNTKILL flag, other stuff that you have mentioned will be verified tomorrow.

I still didn't fix these maps, I remember that I stopped fixing maps since map05, once I was involved with Blade of Agony.
I have gathered several playtesting feedbacks from Tormentor and Mav3rick, all of them are jealously stored on my hdd so expect some more weird issues.

But feel free to come with infos if you'll notice some more glitches, bugs and weird stuff like that one on map07, then I'll tell you if I am aware.
Ozymandias81

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects