Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.4

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls 2

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:43 pm

I have the latest build of GZDoom, and after 8 saves, it crashes.
User avatar
Carbine Dioxide
Me and Pain go way back.
 
Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Location: Anywhere.

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls 2

Postby Devianteist » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:33 pm

On the subject of DevBuilds, which build will this require? I ask this because I haven't the money to acquire a graphics card that is compatible with GZDoom 2.x builds. edit; And I'm fairly sure there are a number of other people who lack them as well.
User avatar
Devianteist
Dev, resident lurking user.
 
Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Location: Creating a SPACE HULK conversion!
Discord: #0561

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls 2

Postby Batandy » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:30 am

Devianteist wrote:On the subject of DevBuilds, which build will this require? I ask this because I haven't the money to acquire a graphics card that is compatible with GZDoom 2.x builds. edit; And I'm fairly sure there are a number of other people who lack them as well.

Well i tend to support the latest version avaiable. I can't guarantee support for the older version but the last non 2.x build should still work with my mod
User avatar
Batandy
"If it's not fun, why bother?"
 
Joined: 19 Jul 2011

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls 2

Postby Devianteist » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:09 am

Batandy wrote:
Devianteist wrote:On the subject of DevBuilds, which build will this require? I ask this because I haven't the money to acquire a graphics card that is compatible with GZDoom 2.x builds. edit; And I'm fairly sure there are a number of other people who lack them as well.

Well i tend to support the latest version avaiable. I can't guarantee support for the older version but the last non 2.x build should still work with my mod


I am very happy to hear that. I just hope this will be just as good as the first Golden Souls.
User avatar
Devianteist
Dev, resident lurking user.
 
Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Location: Creating a SPACE HULK conversion!
Discord: #0561

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls 2

Postby Jeimuzu73 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:36 pm

Why not ditch the weapons and let the player use vanilla ones, or better still their preferred weapon mods?
User avatar
Jeimuzu73
Name's Odd. James Odd.
 
Joined: 03 Jul 2011
Location: Dropping today in Station Square.

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls 2

Postby wildweasel » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:38 pm

MJ79 wrote:Why not ditch the weapons and let the player use vanilla ones, or better still their preferred weapon mods?

Because maybe he wants a new set of weapons in his project and doesn't want to cater to every single thing out there?
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls 2

Postby Cardboard Marty » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:55 pm

MJ79 wrote:Why not ditch the weapons and let the player use vanilla ones, or better still their preferred weapon mods?

Because the moment this mod is compatible with other mods, there's one question that will pop up. Yes, the dreaded question...

This looks cool! I liked the first one, so I can't wait to see where you go with this!
User avatar
Cardboard Marty
"WHAT??? YOU are telling me the guy just updates when ever he wants?"
 
Joined: 23 Oct 2004
Location: Blue Vertigo HQ
Discord: Cardboard Marty#1337
Twitch ID: CarlosAtBV

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls 2

Postby scalliano » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:13 pm

"Can I play TSP with it?"

:P
User avatar
scalliano
Socially Distant
 
Joined: 21 Jun 2005
Location: Ireland

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls 2

Postby zrrion the insect » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:32 pm

That would be awesome!
User avatar
zrrion the insect
Like a fish in a child's hands.
 
Joined: 25 Jun 2009
Location: Time Station 1: Moon of Glendale

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls 2

Postby ReedtheStrange » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:00 pm

I hope it's as diverse and colorful as the first one. This is awesome.
User avatar
ReedtheStrange
 
Joined: 11 Sep 2011

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls 2

Postby Combine_Kegan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:14 pm

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about the combat of golden souls 2. Though the pistol's firing sounds needs a little more kick.

The shotgun looks pretty rad though, I love that Sgt shivers reload
User avatar
Combine_Kegan
The GMOTA Guy
 
Joined: 19 Jan 2014
Location: Hopelessly stuck in the past

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls 2

Postby Ed the Bat » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:32 pm

MJ79 wrote:Why not ditch the weapons and let the player use vanilla ones, or better still their preferred weapon mods?

Weapon mods could still be used out-of-the-box if the new weapons and ammo simply replaced the vanilla set, instead of having new DoomEdNum's. I made that update for Batandy in the first Golden Souls once, but he reverted it for reasons I couldn't understand...

Even still, it's not difficult to make a patch for any given weapons mod to just replace these weapons.
User avatar
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.
 
Joined: 03 May 2012
Location: Maryland, US

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls 2

Postby SamVision » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:33 pm

Kind of tired of the "pistol, shotgun, machine gun, rocket launcher, etc" lineup. I liked the first version, but I think you should take some more risks with the sequel, going as far as changing up some of the combat mechanics as well.
User avatar
SamVision
 
Joined: 13 Apr 2010
Location: Behind You

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls 2

Postby Devianteist » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:25 pm

SamVision wrote:Kind of tired of the "pistol, shotgun, machine gun, rocket launcher, etc" lineup. I liked the first version, but I think you should take some more risks with the sequel, going as far as changing up some of the combat mechanics as well.


There really aren't many other kinds of weapons one could use, are there? I mean, Batandy is throwing in a neat fireball power-up, so that's a plus.
User avatar
Devianteist
Dev, resident lurking user.
 
Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Location: Creating a SPACE HULK conversion!
Discord: #0561

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls 2

Postby Big C » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:29 pm

Maybe replace the berserk pack with a fire flower-type item? Or is that what he already did?
User avatar
Big C
 
Joined: 19 Oct 2010

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests