Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.4

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DOOMPiter

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.4

Post by DOOMPiter »

Batandy wrote:
DOOMPiter wrote:How in hecc am i supposed to get past a further part in the 1st castle level without IDDQD? I got stuck because the Lava always killed me when i tried to access the next part of the castle.
Hey, since I don't know where exactly you got stuck, I can only tell you at the moment to make sure that you've got always run enabled. If you specify where you got stuck precisely I might be able to help you out.
Remember that Outdoor part? Yeah. THERE is where i got stuck.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

DOOMPiter wrote:
Batandy wrote:
DOOMPiter wrote:How in hecc am i supposed to get past a further part in the 1st castle level without IDDQD? I got stuck because the Lava always killed me when i tried to access the next part of the castle.
Hey, since I don't know where exactly you got stuck, I can only tell you at the moment to make sure that you've got always run enabled. If you specify where you got stuck precisely I might be able to help you out.
Remember that Outdoor part? Yeah. THERE is where i got stuck.
Have you pushed the block into the lava?
Massaraksh

Post by Massaraksh »

After about 19 hours, I finally 100%'d the mod. What a blast.
I wish skull keys were used more, or for more creative things, like shortcuts.
Oh, and the star launcher is really hard on the ears.
salahmander2

Post by salahmander2 »

Just noticed an odd thing, on Siholette Sunset, coins dropped by monsters is in full colour compared to the coins already placed, is this intentional?
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

salahmander2 wrote:Just noticed an odd thing, on Siholette Sunset, coins dropped by monsters is in full colour compared to the coins already placed, is this intentional?
Yes, it's intentional.
tsch

Post by tsch »

ok perhaps i'm an idiot but my problem is i get stuck near the begining of the 1st level, because the dude doesn't jump far enough? i get through the first few platforms but the first one that's a bit further away is too far for me to jump on. i messed around with the settings and updated gzdoom but nope, my jumps are to short to finish the 1st level.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

tsch wrote:ok perhaps i'm an idiot but my problem is i get stuck near the begining of the 1st level, because the dude doesn't jump far enough? i get through the first few platforms but the first one that's a bit further away is too far for me to jump on. i messed around with the settings and updated gzdoom but nope, my jumps are to short to finish the 1st level.
Please make sure you're not running Golden Souls 2 with any other mods or addons,the jump height should be enough for you to make it across those platforms.
If you haven't also make sure Always run is enabled.
karry299

Post by karry299 »

Thanks to the feedback of the community, GS2's gameplay is vastly improved over the original game!
Personally, i'm on a fence here. Some things are just too different, and cant be objectively called better OR worse, and other things are IMO a step back.
-going back to the previous levels and shops is longer and more annoying, since you have to conform to the tight corridors (also, exiting levels is somewhat disorienting now, whereas before you always spawned looking away from the painting)
-many levels include a significantly increased amount of backtracking, compared to Golden Souls 1
-that one sunset level, where it's practically mandatory to have fog turned on to be able to see anything. i usually play with fog turned off.
-infinite underwater breathing, thanks ! On the other hand, the amount of lava and general instakill traps is increased by 1000%. Fair trade-off ? i dont know.
-only got to map15 so far, but already encountered two spots where it seems to require side-strafing to proceed.
-boss arenas...urgh...instakill bosses are no fun. the deep one boss in particular is terrible, dont know how to beat that thing without quicksaving every 10 seconds.
GameKnut

Post by GameKnut »

I've been playing this mod lately, and it's been tons of fun. The weapons feel good, the platforming doesn't make me want to tear my hair out, and the level humor and nostalgia are great.

I've run into a little problem, though. In Crescent Moon Manor, I'm supposedly missing 1 gold spider, but after following a walkthrough (more than a few times), I've gotten all of them. The map doesn't show any jewels uncollected, either. The counter still says 1, but there aren't any more spiders to kill, and this is the last spider I need for Madame Caco.
I don't know what I did to break the counter; maybe I saved and loaded too soon after killing a spider? At any rate, I've put 17 hours of playtime in on this file, and as much fun as it's been, I don't want to start all over. Is there some workaround I could do, like resetting the level or spawning a spider via console commands?

EDIT: After (very) tediously scrolling through the dumpclasses actor command, I found what I needed.
Thanks for all your hard work, again; the mod is incredible!
siealex

Post by siealex »

Recently I found a HUGE shortcut in Venom Villa. Right at the beginning, stand near the left side of the main building, face away from its wall, look straight down, press "5" and perform a careful rocket jump backwards, as high as possible, continuously pressing back. If everything is done correctly, you will jump onto the roof. Jump off the roof on the opposite side and head north to the main exit.

[imgur]https://imgur.com/a/xIpWrSa[/imgur]

PS, the roof can also be reached by jumping onto decorations near the southeast entrance.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”