Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.4

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.3

Postby siealex » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:00 pm

Demonic Den.
Is this the correct way to obtain the first coin?
Attachments
1082.jpg
siealex

Postby Batandy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:25 pm

siealex wrote:Demonic Den.
Is this the correct way to obtain the first coin?

Yes.
Batandy
"If it's not fun, why bother?"

Postby siealex » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:36 pm

Demonic Den again. The exit switch has a wrong texture.
siealex

Postby Batandy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:59 pm

siealex wrote:Demonic Den again. The exit switch has a wrong texture.

Noted, will be fixed
Batandy

Postby DabbingSquidward » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:54 pm

IMHO the cowboy shotgun is OP even without the gold upgrade. It may be less accurate than the hunting shotgun, but a single shot does as much damage as the hunting shotgun altfire, or basically a vanilla SSG shot with half the ammo consumption. Would you mind adjusting its damage to match or even deal a bit less than the hunting shotgun? This would mimic the relationship between the Over & Under and the Autoshotgun of GS1. This mainly bugs me because there's so much ammo in the game that I never need to buy any and the cowboy shotgun outshines every other gun in the mod because of how much damage it deals vs. the ammo available for it, you could play through the whole of GS2 with it without ever having to switch to another weapon. Then again, this also applies to stock Doom 1 & 2. What do you think?
DabbingSquidward

Postby Batandy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:37 am

DabbingSquidward wrote:IMHO the cowboy shotgun is OP even without the gold upgrade. It may be less accurate than the hunting shotgun, but a single shot does as much damage as the hunting shotgun altfire, or basically a vanilla SSG shot with half the ammo consumption. Would you mind adjusting its damage to match or even deal a bit less than the hunting shotgun? This would mimic the relationship between the Over & Under and the Autoshotgun of GS1. This mainly bugs me because there's so much ammo in the game that I never need to buy any and the cowboy shotgun outshines every other gun in the mod because of how much damage it deals vs. the ammo available for it, you could play through the whole of GS2 with it without ever having to switch to another weapon. Then again, this also applies to stock Doom 1 & 2. What do you think?

The Cowboy Shotgun is unreliable for open ended maps, since it's mostly a mid-low range weapon. You can't really snipe enemies with it (The hunting shotgun is a better solution), and if you have a tanky enemy shooting you from far away like a Revenant you're better off just using the Trumpetbuss or Starshooter
Batandy

Postby Dr. Granola » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:21 am

How do I get rid of the iron gate in Arid Abode? The one in front of the yellow skull key door?
EDIT: And now I see the walkthrough link in the front page... Nevermind
Dr. Granola

Discord: Dr. Granola#1875

Postby siealex » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:06 pm

The Cowboy Shotgun is unreliable for open ended maps, since it's mostly a mid-low range weapon. You can't really snipe enemies with it (The hunting shotgun is a better solution), and if you have a tanky enemy shooting you from far away like a Revenant you're better off just using the Trumpetbuss or Starshooter

The best weapon for Revenants (and Super Revenants) is the Cupid Mark. The Cowboy Shotgun is the best for close battles with Cacodemons, Hell Knights (ordinary ones!), Sniffits, Arachnotrons. And even Hierophans, five good shots kill a Hierophan reliably.
PS, the best weapon for very far sniping on early episodes is the Assault Gun. But you need to make frequent single shots, not continuous shooting. It's a well-known Doom engine bug: the first shot from any hitscan gun is perfectly precise.
siealex

Postby Gez » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:56 pm

The best weapon for everything is the star whip when you're at 100% health.
Gez

Postby siealex » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:09 pm

The best weapon for everything is the star whip when you're at 100% health.

Even against Lantern Ghosts?
siealex

Postby Captain J » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:57 pm

When all else fails, use Trumpetbuss(no also use it in enough distance). :P
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby pagb666 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:52 am

Before anything, let me be clear that I absolutely HATE platforming in my FPSs. But anyways, after achieving 100% the game I had this feeling when I finish a game and I'm comfortable with it, just like if I had a hell of a ride. Congrats on delivering tons and tons of quality content, which probably took me like 12+ hours to finish, and thanks for getting so many grins out of me with all the throwback gimmicks from older games. Good job!
(My FPS are still tanking down like crazy in a couple levels like said on an earlier post btw)
pagb666

Postby Batandy » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:35 am

pagb666 wrote:Before anything, let me be clear that I absolutely HATE platforming in my FPSs.

Yeah, Judging by your videos' descriptions I think the message's pretty clear :lol:

pagb666 wrote:But anyways, after achieving 100% the game I had this feeling when I finish a game and I'm comfortable with it, just like if I had a hell of a ride. Congrats on delivering tons and tons of quality content, which probably took me like 12+ hours to finish, and thanks for getting so many grins out of me with all the throwback gimmicks from older games. Good job!
(My FPS are still tanking down like crazy in a couple levels like said on an earlier post btw)

But seriously, yeah, that's what i wanted to achieve. I've tried to make people experience the same feelings of wonder I had when i received my copy of Mario Sunshine after school, back in the day. So it gives me joy to hear this.
Your walkthrough will also be very valuable, as promised i've posted it in the first page so everyone can check it out.
Batandy

Postby pagb666 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:39 am

Batandy wrote:But seriously, yeah, that's what i wanted to achieve. I've tried to make people experience the same feelings of wonder I had when i received my copy of Mario Sunshine after school, back in the day. So it gives me joy to hear this.

You delivered, sir... You delivered :)
pagb666

Postby RichterBelmont12 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:58 pm

Batandy wrote:But seriously, yeah, that's what i wanted to achieve. I've tried to make people experience the same feelings of wonder I had when i received my copy of Mario Sunshine after school, back in the day. So it gives me joy to hear this.
Your walkthrough will also be very valuable, as promised i've posted it in the first page so everyone can check it out.

I've Honestly felt happy while playing this mod. Its my all time favorite mod out there thank you for making this wonderful mod.

Also the Grand Finale of my Let's Play of this Mod is tomorrow.

Golden Souls are with in us all. :D
RichterBelmont12

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects