Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.4

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
siealex

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.2

Post by siealex »

15 hours??? I managed to complete it in almost 29 hours.
siealex

Post by siealex »

What map is this? I don't remember it...
Attachments
1061.jpg
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

It's the castle level for the mountain world, Arctic Alcazar.
siealex

Post by siealex »

Mount Mirror: I can't jump up here without strafe-running. Is it intentional?
Attachments
1063.jpg
1062.jpg
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

siealex wrote:Mount Mirror: I can't jump up here without strafe-running. Is it intentional?
Are you playing with always run on? you should be able to make that jump easily
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

How in the world are you supposed to be able to beat the world four boss on Soaring Comet? I've got the RL upgrade and it's not doing a thing to improve the fight. I turned on god mode and stood still and peppered it point blank with 90 fast rockets before it died, or around 45 from regular rocket firing mode. Here's the thing, the speed on SC is absurd with almost all enemies projectiles. Well, those skeletons the boss raises count as projectiles, and he spams the ever loving shit out of them. The entire room is filled to the brim with skeletons almost the entire fight about after maybe 5 rockets actually hit the spawner. With no piercing weapon aside from maybe the alt fire from the star canon, you can't even hit the boss during it's later stages. The spawned skeletons soak up all dmg and it becomes nigh impossible. A bit overkill don't you think?

Is there anyone here who actually managed to beat Soaring Comet without abusing save/load states?
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

With all these updates, is there a cheat code that unlocks levels on the map so I can say, have all the levels I have unlocked in my 1.1 playthrough in 1.2?
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Doomguy914 wrote:How in the world are you supposed to be able to beat the world four boss on Soaring Comet?
Are you playing on 1.2? The speed of that boss has been patched.
blackfish wrote:With all these updates, is there a cheat code that unlocks levels on the map so I can say, have all the levels I have unlocked in my 1.1 playthrough in 1.2?
There's no cheat to artificially recreate your progress, you can unlock the paths on the map by calling their scripts through the console, but it's not the same. Stick to your version.
If you want you can merge the decorate from the new version to the version that you are currently playing and your save would load fine, you'd not have the map changes, but you'd have all the code tweaks.
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

Batandy wrote:
Doomguy914 wrote:How in the world are you supposed to be able to beat the world four boss on Soaring Comet?
Are you playing on 1.2? The speed of that boss has been patched.

See, this is why you are one of the best. You regularly listen to feedback. I kinda love/hate ya though for Sillhoute Sunset. I was originally playing through 1.0 and made it to the final big coin on that map and raged hard.
Spoiler:
Keep up the awesome work!

Edit: Quick question, what fog/lighting settings are supposed to be run with this mod? There are a few questionable parts in Oriental Garden and the like where you literally cannot see the enemies before they can kill you on SC. I've resorted to tweaking around the settings just to see them and dipping into legacy mode temporarily just to remove the fog entirely.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Doomguy914 wrote: Edit: Quick question, what fog/lighting settings are supposed to be run with this mod? There are a few questionable parts in Oriental Garden and the like where you literally cannot see the enemies before they can kill you on SC. I've resorted to tweaking around the settings just to see them and dipping into legacy mode temporarily just to remove the fog entirely.
Default fog/light settings
siealex

Post by siealex »

How to get this spider jewel?
Attachments
1081.jpg
Gez

Post by Gez »

Jump on one of the phantom blocks, wait a little bit, jump diagonally to the skull jewel then, using the great amount of aircontrol you've got, move diagonally to land on the other phantom block, then jump to land safely on solid ground and quicksave.
siealex

Post by siealex »

Yes, I managed to get it after many tries. It's one of the most difficult spiders in the whole game.
Batandy

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.3

Post by Batandy »

Golden Souls 2 Version 1.3 Released!

This update brings a few more bugfixes to further improve the experience! And the HUD finally works correctly for 4:3 resolutions!

Download
https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-the-gol ... souls-2-13

WARNING

Save files are NOT compatible between different versions of the mod.

Code: Select all

Changelog

____Map Changes____

-Gluttonous Gorehouse

* Fixed Spider Jewel being hard to pick up in the underwater section

____General Changes_____

-Fixed Hud for 4:3 resolutions
-Fixed "No dialog" error leftovers
-Fixed Fists not having GS2's custom weapon bob movement
siealex

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.3

Post by siealex »

Binary Bastion.
1. I ultimately managed to jump off the platform with the first big coin. You need to jump not up and along the platform, but down and sharply turn left towards the entrance door.
2. Some walls and platforms on this level are transparent, I can see the monsters, but they do not see me through these walls. Is it intended?
Attachments
963.jpg

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”