Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.4

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Carbine Dioxide

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls 2

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

I have the latest build of GZDoom, and after 8 saves, it crashes.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

On the subject of DevBuilds, which build will this require? I ask this because I haven't the money to acquire a graphics card that is compatible with GZDoom 2.x builds. edit; And I'm fairly sure there are a number of other people who lack them as well.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Devianteist wrote:On the subject of DevBuilds, which build will this require? I ask this because I haven't the money to acquire a graphics card that is compatible with GZDoom 2.x builds. edit; And I'm fairly sure there are a number of other people who lack them as well.
Well i tend to support the latest version avaiable. I can't guarantee support for the older version but the last non 2.x build should still work with my mod
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Batandy wrote:
Devianteist wrote:On the subject of DevBuilds, which build will this require? I ask this because I haven't the money to acquire a graphics card that is compatible with GZDoom 2.x builds. edit; And I'm fairly sure there are a number of other people who lack them as well.
Well i tend to support the latest version avaiable. I can't guarantee support for the older version but the last non 2.x build should still work with my mod
I am very happy to hear that. I just hope this will be just as good as the first Golden Souls.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Why not ditch the weapons and let the player use vanilla ones, or better still their preferred weapon mods?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

MJ79 wrote:Why not ditch the weapons and let the player use vanilla ones, or better still their preferred weapon mods?
Because maybe he wants a new set of weapons in his project and doesn't want to cater to every single thing out there?
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

MJ79 wrote:Why not ditch the weapons and let the player use vanilla ones, or better still their preferred weapon mods?
Because the moment this mod is compatible with other mods, there's one question that will pop up. Yes, the dreaded question...

This looks cool! I liked the first one, so I can't wait to see where you go with this!
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

"Can I play TSP with it?"

:P
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

That would be awesome!
ReedtheStrange

Post by ReedtheStrange »

I hope it's as diverse and colorful as the first one. This is awesome.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about the combat of golden souls 2. Though the pistol's firing sounds needs a little more kick.

The shotgun looks pretty rad though, I love that Sgt shivers reload
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Weapon mods could still be used out-of-the-box if the new weapons and ammo simply replaced the vanilla set, instead of having new DoomEdNum's. I made that update for Batandy in the first Golden Souls once, but he reverted it for reasons I couldn't understand...

Even still, it's not difficult to make a patch for any given weapons mod to just replace these weapons.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Kind of tired of the "pistol, shotgun, machine gun, rocket launcher, etc" lineup. I liked the first version, but I think you should take some more risks with the sequel, going as far as changing up some of the combat mechanics as well.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

SamVision wrote:Kind of tired of the "pistol, shotgun, machine gun, rocket launcher, etc" lineup. I liked the first version, but I think you should take some more risks with the sequel, going as far as changing up some of the combat mechanics as well.
There really aren't many other kinds of weapons one could use, are there? I mean, Batandy is throwing in a neat fireball power-up, so that's a plus.
Big C

Post by Big C »

Maybe replace the berserk pack with a fire flower-type item? Or is that what he already did?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”