Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.4

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Batandy

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.2

Post by Batandy »

siealex wrote:Silhouette Sunset: coins spawned by monsters are shiny and all other coins are dark. Is it correct?
Intended, because of how the renderstyle change works for that particular level. Applying it for every newly spawned item and projectile would be a nightmare
Randumb
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Randumb »

Not to mention if you gave yourself Light Amplifier goggles in that level, it'd be even harder to see! Call it an anti-cheat measure if you will.

On an unrelated note, there's a Gold Spider in Arid Abode that does NOT make any noise when you get close to it, and it spins in place counter-clockwise. There's another spider like this in another Ghost House, but I can't remember which one. Lastly, another spider in Gluttonous Gorehouse, while it can be killed, its Skull Jewel is unreachable because it's inside of a hole in the ceiling that's too small to fit into.

You may want to check all 80 of them...
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Randumb wrote:Not to mention if you gave yourself Light Amplifier goggles in that level, it'd be even harder to see! Call it an anti-cheat measure if you will.

On an unrelated note, there's a Gold Spider in Arid Abode that does NOT make any noise when you get close to it, and it spins in place counter-clockwise. There's another spider like this in another Ghost House, but I can't remember which one. Lastly, another spider in Gluttonous Gorehouse, while it can be killed, its Skull Jewel is unreachable because it's inside of a hole in the ceiling that's too small to fit into.

You may want to check all 80 of them...
The sound issue is because some times the sound channel gets overridden, with the way doom's sound channels work, don't know if there's a workaround and i can give a priority to that.

Also i'm pretty sure all the spiders can be collected succesfully, including the gorehouse one. Though i might go back and make it easier to collect eventually.
Edit: Upon checking the spider is collectable, it's just hard to do. i'll make the hole larger in 1.3
siealex

Post by siealex »

On an unrelated note, there's a Gold Spider in Arid Abode that does NOT make any noise when you get close to it, and it spins in place counter-clockwise
Not only one! At least three or four spiders can't be noticed if you don't knoe their exact location, because they do not emit any sound! Is it intentional?
siealex

Post by siealex »

PS, many walls in Silhouette Sunset look like they don't have any textures. WTF?
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

psst

moonlight morass, i know that level

you modified it from ur old dante's inferno mod? (still think that should be restarted some day!)

BTW this is prolly the most fun i had in a doom mod in a long time, u did so well dude!!
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

siealex wrote:
On an unrelated note, there's a Gold Spider in Arid Abode that does NOT make any noise when you get close to it, and it spins in place counter-clockwise
Not only one! At least three or four spiders can't be noticed if you don't knoe their exact location, because they do not emit any sound! Is it intentional?
As I said just above:
Batandy wrote: The sound issue is because some times the sound channel gets overridden, with the way doom's sound channels work, don't know if there's a workaround and i can give a priority to that.
siealex wrote:PS, many walls in Silhouette Sunset look like they don't have any textures. WTF?
Not sure what you mean, it's called silhouette sunset for a reason. The silhouette look is part of the artstyle.
chronoteeth wrote:psst

moonlight morass, i know that level

you modified it from ur old dante's inferno mod? (still think that should be restarted some day!)

BTW this is prolly the most fun i had in a doom mod in a long time, u did so well dude!!
No, the level is new, but I used some bushes and grass sprites that I also used in Inferno back then
siealex

Post by siealex »

The sound issue is because some times the sound channel gets overridden, with the way doom's sound channels work, don't know if there's a workaround and i can give a priority to that.
These spiders also don't have animation, they are completely static.
siealex

Post by siealex »

Sometimes I get 25% armor out of nowhere, where and why?
Gez

Post by Gez »

The checkpoints give you 25 points of armor when you replace the pentacle flag with the UAC one.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

Ghostly Woods and Happy Gardens still has "Could not find dialog file SCRIPT00"
siealex

Post by siealex »

A very strange (and useful) shortcut in Venom Villa. Reach the portal indicated by the yellow arrow, then jump onto any of two torches near it (the left one is easier). Jump up from this torch onto the roof and run to its opposite side. Jump off and run to the main exit.
PS, the main exit can be accessed immediately by rocket-jumping to the roof from the starting point.
Attachments
1060.jpg
Gez

Post by Gez »

Finding shortcuts is cool (there's one in Oriental Garden where you can jump on a tree and then strafe-run from it to skip an underwater switch hunt) but on the other hand, you've gotta find all the spiders and big coins to reach the epilogue level, so if you skip too much, it just means you'll have to revisit.
siealex

Post by siealex »

This shortcut can be used also in the opposite direction, e. g. to access the shop.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

15 hours, 12 minutes, 28 seconds

shit was amazing <3
Spoiler: damngood
Last edited by Blue Shadow on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Use imgur tags instead.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”