Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.4

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TaporGaming
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.3

Post by TaporGaming »

And why Star Shooter's Primary Projectile sprite something wrong?. Offsets?
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

TaporGaming wrote:And why Star Shooter's Primary Projectile sprite something wrong?. Offsets?
Uh, sorry i didn't quite catch your question. What's wrong with those sprites?
Koopliss

Post by Koopliss »

Is there a list of where each music in the soundtrack originate from? there are quite a few songs i really want to know the origins off, such as the shrine of the deep.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Koopliss wrote:Is there a list of where each music in the soundtrack originate from? there are quite a few songs i really want to know the origins off, such as the shrine of the deep.
Sorry, but i don't have a list ready for non-ost music. Shrine is Super Metroid's Maridia
TaporGaming

Post by TaporGaming »

It's kinda Soaring Comet is like DOOM's Ultra-Nightmare?
chowbar

Post by chowbar »

Hey Batandy, really loving the mod so far! I'm sure you've heard this plenty but the platforming feels great!

Will you consider performance options for potato PCs? I'm currently on level 13 and I'm getting sub-30 frames on the very first fight of the level. I tried turning off dynamic lighting (which helped make some levels more playable), but it doesn't seem to be much help once levels get bigger.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

chowbar wrote:Hey Batandy, really loving the mod so far! I'm sure you've heard this plenty but the platforming feels great!

Will you consider performance options for potato PCs? I'm currently on level 13 and I'm getting sub-30 frames on the very first fight of the level. I tried turning off dynamic lighting (which helped make some levels more playable), but it doesn't seem to be much help once levels get bigger.
I'm afraid i can't do anything about that without changing the structure of the whole level. Gzdoom doesn't like open, detailed maps, but luckily it's one of the few occasions where you'll experience drops.
Try setting resolution scale to 0.75 (or even 0.50), you should get a fps boost.
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

Oh yeah about that, is there a way to turn off the fog? like totally?
and can be possible to ad the name of the world in the world map as u travel? it will be in the upper part and center... "world 1... fap-y gardens"... "world 2... dirty deserts"... etc ;)
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Mav3rick wrote:Oh yeah about that, is there a way to turn off the fog? like totally?
and can be possible to ad the name of the world in the world map as u travel? it will be in the upper part and center... "world 1... fap-y gardens"... "world 2... dirty deserts"... etc ;)
You can, but i wouldn't recommend it. In most levels if there's fog it's because it's part of the artstyle, without it levels may not look as i intended them to be.
Regarding the second question I didn't think that was needed.
Randumb
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Randumb »

Even in V1.3, there are a few problems found on Soaring Comet mode.

-The buffed Imps instantly disappear when gibbed, but still die, give points, and drops a coin.
-The buffed Cacodemons do NOT drop coins.
-I've encountered an UNbuffed Cacodemon in W3-1 and W5-2; yeah, they're red and lack their 'Bad Breath' attack.
-Some enemies, as well as bosses, do not have their buffed variations. Probably intentional, though.
-In addition, gibbing the 'Spike-ball throwing imps' (Both on Soaring Comet and easier) will cause their corpses to disappear when their death animation finishes.

Issues aside, I'm currently on Mount Mirror on Soaring Comet mode.
Last edited by Randumb on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TaporGaming

Post by TaporGaming »

Hey.

I took that its Text to Golden Souls 2:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pocyxxlpc ... ouls+2.pk3

I made after Text to Doom installment.

Requires Swifswaf's Text to Doom:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ai8ts61d9 ... o+Doom.zip

Batandy. You really sure Swifswaf is kind of using Speakonia and Balabolka?
Gez

Post by Gez »

TaporGaming wrote:Batandy. You really sure Swifswaf is kind of using Speakonia and Balabolka?
What?
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Gez wrote:
TaporGaming wrote:Batandy. You really sure Swifswaf is kind of using Speakonia and Balabolka?
What?
Exactly. Dude, could you please be more clear? I only understood that you somewhat made a version of text to doom for GS2.

Edit: I was told that you're asking me which program was used for the text to speech. Honestly, i'm sorry but i don't know as i didn't make text to doom, you'd better ask its author.
TaporGaming

Post by TaporGaming »

Hey Batandy. You know Soaring Comets is similar than Ultra-Nightmare from DOOM 2016?
because higher damage
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Please be responsible for what you're saying. And if i can answer you, maybe that's really the Speakonia thing.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”