Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.4

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Batandy

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls 2

Post by Batandy »

Working on MAP29! The theme is pretty straightforward as you can see!
https://www.facebook.com/goldensouls2/p ... =3&theater
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Fat Reward awaits! :D
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

loving that fiberglass sky :P
Will there be references to the board game Candy Land in this map?
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

zrrion the insect wrote:loving that fiberglass sky :P
Will there be references to the board game Candy Land in this map?
I've actually never played that game, but expect tons of food related references :)

Here we go! Now working on MAP30, the third map of World 6!
Tokoshoran

Post by Tokoshoran »

One big problem is that without the levels resetting, you can't get extra money, which can result in running out if you're not conservative with ammo. Will the Golden Souls and Big Coins be swapped over to having their own individual flags each so that levels can be safely reset, or am I going to just have to learn what shots to use when?
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Tokoshoran wrote:One big problem is that without the levels resetting, you can't get extra money, which can result in running out if you're not conservative with ammo. Will the Golden Souls and Big Coins be swapped over to having their own individual flags each so that levels can be safely reset, or am I going to just have to learn what shots to use when?
I can guarantee that running out of coins is out of the question. There's a huge amount of coins in each level (up to +1000 per level), so good luck getting them all :)

Enabling levels resetting would also break some maps and let you farm coins too easily, you could just enter one of the skull palaces, grab all the coins inside (they are bonus levels with huge amounts of coins), exit the level, restart and do it all over and bam, infinite money.
Tokoshoran

Post by Tokoshoran »

Batandy wrote:
Tokoshoran wrote:One big problem is that without the levels resetting, you can't get extra money, which can result in running out if you're not conservative with ammo. Will the Golden Souls and Big Coins be swapped over to having their own individual flags each so that levels can be safely reset, or am I going to just have to learn what shots to use when?
I can guarantee that running out of coins is out of the question. There's a huge amount of coins in each level (up to +1000 per level), so good luck getting them all :)

Enabling levels resetting would also break some maps and let you farm coins too easily, you could just enter one of the skull palaces, grab all the coins inside (they are bonus levels with huge amounts of coins), exit the level, restart and do it all over and bam, infinite money.
That sounds like fairly standard Mario fare: Either secretes were repeatable alongside everything else (and therefore you could grind out coins/lives like crazy), or only the actual levels with enemies were repeatable. Mostly, it just seems kind of strange that I can return to a level but everything's already dead. I guess I'm used to a Mario aesthetic meaning repeating levels actually repeats them, rather than enter their decaying corpses.

If the levels in the final version have that many coins in them though, then I shouldn't have any need for more.
Toyoch

Post by Toyoch »

Batandy wrote:

Another question regarding coins : I'm not sure how it's handled in current(or final) version, but is there a cap for coin you can carry(one of the screenshots has 1k+ coins, so 9999 or more)?
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Toyoch wrote:
Batandy wrote:

Another question regarding coins : I'm not sure how it's handled in current(or final) version, but is there a cap for coin you can carry(one of the screenshots has 1k+ coins, so 9999 or more)?
The limit is 1999, coins collected after that work as +1 health bonuses.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

3D Cannons! Here's a comparison shot!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Now that might looks helpful to figure out which angle they're aiming!
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Captain J wrote:Now that might looks helpful to figure out which angle they're aiming!
Yes, that's exactly why i decided to turn them into a 3d model, and also because most of the dynamic props are 3d models
kadu522
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

I find that models call more atention then general sprites.

I quess it is becuse they have more detail plus like said before they also give a better idea where they are aim-ing. if fact. you could make tracking cannons now (The red ones) :twisted: . For like the last few worlds.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

MAP31 brings back a fan favorite theme, the Starry Night sky, reimagined in an all new Ghost House level!
It also features brand new Ghost Blocks which appear and disappear continuously, be careful when jumping on them!
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

I know I for one definitely enjoyed the Starry Night Sky level. Everything looks amazing so far, even if the demos were super difficult. Can't wait to see what the full version includes.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”