Re: Ashes 2063 TC - Thread migration soon.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Re: Ashes 2063 TC - Thread migration soon.

Postby StroggVorbis » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:19 pm

@Vostyok

just in case you aren't aware, in recent GZDoom versions you lose all your armor when morphing into the bike.
StroggVorbis
Donut eat me pls!

Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Mech » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Talking about suggestions: when it comes to maps, I'd like to see more horror style maps(as they were called before): bunkers, abandoned tunnels, or even secret labs in vein of STALKER. Some dark and sinister things in general.
About gameplay: 1)Something needs to be done with the lamp or it's "recharging". Because if you just enjoy exploring at low pace, you can waste the whole charge rather fast. 2)EP1 last level. I assume you made it as exploration focused level considering lots of things to interact with, but this transition from pure combat to pure walking is too sharp for me. I mean, apart from small bunch of mutants and the boss the level is just empty. Not the end of the world type of problem, but still. I can suggest here making it as some sort of time to catch-a-breath after a hell of a fight in the Spire's vicinity. But this kind of fight needs to be created first, say, with making the enemies coming endlessly.
Mech

Discord: Mech#0603
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 32-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby camper » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:24 pm

Mech wrote:Talking about suggestions: when it comes to maps, I'd like to see more horror style maps(as they were called before): bunkers, abandoned tunnels, or even secret labs in vein of STALKER. Some dark and sinister things in general.

Ashes of 2063TC is another game, and it is beautiful and perfect in itself.
In vein of STALKER here
camper

Postby Vostyok » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:42 am

@StroggVorbis Thank you for the heads up. I'm redoing the bike script from scratch, but to be honest the morph-actor function which it runs off has had a deluge of problems which still plague it, so I'm coming up with a new way of doing it. Guess this serves me right for misusing it for something it was never designed for, haha.

@Mech. Don't worry I got you covered. The paranormal aspects of the backstory are being fleshed out a bit more so expect some weirdness here and there, especially places that 'man was not meant to go'.

The lamp is getting a bit of a rethink, I might drop it altogether but still thinking about it. But yeah, at the moment I'm looking at giving it a longer battery life and faster charge.

I have received several comments about the end. Some enjoyed the suspense exploring the base, but did feel it was let down with a subdued final battle. I'll see this doesn't happen again.

@Camper. That's an interesting project, thanks for sharing. I wonder how it approaches the theme... Might have to have a look at it.

Anyway, still not sure if I'm going to post some WIP stuff here or in the new thread I'll be building soon. Be aware, I'll be requesting this thread be closed soon. I would rather it just be used for bug reports and balance suggestions, rather than discussion for the next episode. Feel free to PM me any concerns or suggestions. :)
Vostyok
Free Radical

Discord: Vostyok#3164

Postby Raito » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:02 pm

Hello there. I am the dude that reply to you today in Youtube. Sorry that i took a bit of time to get the error because i have to replay the game again with manual save that starts at Map02.

G
VM Execution Aborted: Tried to read from address zero.

Called from ConversationMenu.OnDestroy at gzdoom_dev.pk3:zscript/ui/menu/conversationmenu.zs, line 228

When i load up Map03 using the console and end the map. Map04 loaded up with no problem.

Then i start a new game again but with noclip2 and god mode on. Reach to the end with the radio on 01 then completed 02 by flipping the switch then go through the gate. 03, asking both the old man in the settlement about the radio and city. Give the radio to the shopkeep and collect the info from barkeep and end the mission. Map04 loaded up with no problem.

Game: Dev version 3.8.2_legacy

Map06 seems to be fixed. I am not entirely sure.
Last edited by Raito on Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raito

Postby Curunir » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:10 pm

This is outstanding work! I was looking for a wastelandish game to play the other day and remembered seeing this in news headlines, downloaded it and it has been an absolute joy so far! Thank you!
Curunir
In heaven everything is fine

Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects