Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nova

Re: Ashes 2063 TC - (Release Ep1 Pg 54) FAL weapon add

Post by Nova »

Just recently got into Doom mods, being intially intrigued by some of the videos from GGGManlives and then IcarusLiv3s. Ashes was the first one I tried, and I have to say great job! I was completely engrossed in the world from the start and the atmosphere was just great! The moment in the flooded mall with the long dark hallway and the roaches was awesome! Thanks for making it :)
Off to try some more Doom mods now!
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Glad I could inspire you!

As well as the forums here (host to a great many awesome works), you can also check out OneManDoom for some cool maps to try out: https://onemandoom.blogspot.com/

There is an almost ENDLESS amount of stuff to play.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

I updated the FAL mutator - now you can get it from the gun seller next to Rigs' shop, as well as ammo for it. On that note, I also reduced the spawn frequency of both items.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Nice! I like the dialogue changes you put in.
ReformedJoe

Post by ReformedJoe »

I like Ashes. I like Ashes quite a lot, even saying to myself: "jeez man, I sure wish there was more of it".
So for the last several weeks (with Vostyoks permission!) I've been working on a small Ashes map set, and I'm at the stage where I feel comfortable showcasing some of it.

Ashes: Dead Man Walking is a 3 level expansion campaign for Ashes 2063, in which you reprise the role of the scav.
I'd say that its around 50% complete. The trajectory is looking good for a late November release.

Additional shots:
Spoiler:
More to follow at a later date.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Can confirm: This is good.

Looking forward to this.
atarumoroboshi18

Post by atarumoroboshi18 »

Why not have a single-shot shotgun? Similar to the one in Metro Last Light. It would have oomph, but at the same time it would be needed to be reloaded after every shot, meaning it wouldn't be overpowered.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

atarumoroboshi18 wrote:Why not have a single-shot shotgun? Similar to the one in Metro Last Light. It would have oomph, but at the same time it would be needed to be reloaded after every shot, meaning it wouldn't be overpowered.
I was thinking about doing that, but maybe for a later project. It's a good idea. The fire rate would be comparable to Doom's shotty, with no worrying about long reloads, so there is that, I guess. But yeah, decided that the arsenal will be mostly unchanged for episode 2, aside from a couple of new toys and some minor adjustments.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

ReformedJoe wrote:I like Ashes. I like Ashes quite a lot, even saying to myself: "jeez man, I sure wish there was more of it".
So for the last several weeks (with Vostyoks permission!) I've been working on a small Ashes map set, and I'm at the stage where I feel comfortable showcasing some of it.

Ashes: Dead Man Walking is a 3 level expansion campaign for Ashes 2063, in which you reprise the role of the scav.
I'd say that its around 50% complete. The trajectory is looking good for a late November release.
Sweet goodness!! I really can't wait for this DLC... I mean Expansion pack! Looking forward to it.
camper

Post by camper »

I wanted to look at the bullets with limited speed in Ashes 2063. I decided to launch together with the Beautiful Doom. Surprisingly, it worked. For weapons I had to use "give all".
Link on video on the Yandex disk: https://yadi.sk/i/oJhnToC5NbvpgA
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

so just a minor thing w/ the fal: that sight was a wingding fun thing to do, but i didnt count on there to be a reloading frame when i did it. it should cjut out a bit when ur reloading so it doesnt look like you're constantly folding down the sight to reload
Vostyok

Re: Ashes 2063 TC - Goodies and 1.15 update packs

Post by Vostyok »

WASTELAND CROSSOVER UPDATE

It's that time again fellow stalkers. Time for a new update and some other goodies.

New Version release 1.15 : https://www.mediafire.com/file/ya00h8wa ... 5.zip/file

Code: Select all

Changes in V1.15:
Added the grenade launcher back in as a bonus weapon. Okay, it's unbalanced. Okay, It's not finished. Okay, you never get this in Episode One. But it's there anyway. Replaces BFG9000.
All weapons bar junker musket get a reload cancel. The boot knife has been made a little faster in order to fill this role.
Small changes to revolver and 9mm autoloader, to make them a bit more viable/different.
Some minor changes to the maps. Mostly bug fixes and stuff. Mostly.
Pit fiends have been nerfed a little in regards to health and hitbox, to represent their general viciousness.
Fixed the shotgun's "freakout" during reload on empty. Use your knife if you need to finish quicker.
Episode One Sterilised Edition: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3eb8wb96 ... e.wad/file
No shops, no bike sections, no talking. All action. Use this one if you want to play the orginal maps with most enemy/weapon mods, including Aracnocide and Trailblazer (although the Blazer's jetpack tends to mess with the city, etc). I've changed a couple of things with it, but it's still designed primarily for use with Ashes monsters, released below. You're welcome to experiment.

Weapons pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file/7b5onnvb ... s.pk3/file
Includes the weapon fixes as above, but without radiation, monsters or money code. Also, I've re-added some items from regular Ashes, since Berzerk was useless otherwise. Note, you'll start with the 9mm pistol in your inventory right from the word go, you just need to find ammo for it :)

Monsters Pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file/arf982nk ... s.pk3/file
Fill any Ultimate Doom map with Ashes monsters. Compatible with Doom 2, but obviously the expanded bestiary is unchanged.

Final Word: You can play with all three standalone files, if you want to play Ashes but don't fancy the story or bike sections. They work fine together. Oh, and the grenade launcher is a bit weird since it's basically a reskinned version of the alpha variant, but I'm considering re-doing it for a future episode.
Korell

Re: Re: Ashes 2063 TC - Goodies and 1.15 update packs

Post by Korell »

Does the 1.15 release still work with CJ's Wasted Ashes SFX addon? Or does that break what with the weapon changes?
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Korell wrote:Does the 1.15 release still work with CJ's Wasted Ashes SFX addon? Or does that break what with the weapon changes?
As long as CJ's sound addon is loaded AFTER the maps and mod, nothing should be out of place. It's just a simple sound swap. I need to test this fully with Jetfire, but that should be exactly the same result. If you load it after the core files, nothing should go wrong.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Sweet Gracious, so many stuff to play and see!! Thanks, Vos!

EDIT: also one more thing, that Grenade Launcher looks super gorgeous!! However the offset of its idle sprite seems too much centered.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”