Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Ashes 2063 TC - (Release Ep1 Pg 54) Weapon pack V1.0

Post by Captain J »

Thankfully you cannot go back once you leave the town. So no worries! :P
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: Ashes 2063 TC - V 1.05 of Ep1 on front page

Post by Vostyok »

There is actually a condition built into the maps, as is. If you kill anyone in the first town, the next town will be less happy to deal with you. But it's very minor and I'd like to do more than this in future. I think EP2 will feature a more wandering drifter attitude, as you can return to towns but not hubs. I think Enjay's idea of bounty hunters and other repercusions is a good one. You could rack up a ton of free loot in the first town, but don't be surprised when the next towns start reacting to reports of a "mysterious stranger" gunning folks down. It's easy to implement this. Maybe not for this episode though.

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/file/clv9t5i2b ... 5.zip/file

New version of Episode one, if anyone still hasn't played. Changes below:

Code: Select all

A lot of minor cleaning up and spell checking. There may be a couple of errors, but picked up most of what was discussed. If I
         forgot anything, please let me know.
         The 'Vines exit' of map05 is no longer reliant on finding the power first. Also, the process to first get on the route to
         Michonne has been made a lot clearer. 
         Gemini should be a little less enthusiastic with pipebombs.
         Bike should be somewhat less lethal to minor scrapes and bangs. I'm redoing this for next episode though, so don't pay
         too much attention to it, please :)
         Pipebombs are no longer on-contact weapons! Or at least, they shouldn't be. This makes using them a little less hazardous,
         and fights with a Gemini should be less one-hit-kill-tastic.
         Sawed-off shotgun, should you have one, correctly ejects the right amount of shells depending on how many are loaded.
         Added a bit more health and ammo to the first map, since the first few minutes were unnecessarily punishing.
RTheM

Re: Ashes 2063 TC - (Release Ep1 Pg 54) V1.05

Post by RTheM »

A little bug I just noticed, if you run at full speed at the bike and get in it, you can go really fast so long as you don't stop or try to pilot the bike with the movement controls or the like, just keep pressing forward and steer with mouselook, it's ridiculous how fast you can be. I guess I found the Nope Mode for the bike. :P Also, since I found that out on Highway Holocaust basically at the start of the map, I'm now having mental images of Scav getting on his bike and just blasting off away with a scream of "FUUUUUUUUUU-" leaving behind a cloud of dust and a burning trail a la 'Back To The Future'. XD Though the speeds at which you can go with this bug means that most crashes are outright fatal or near-fatal.

Beyond that, here's some more ideas/wishlist for the next episode. :)

Variable size for fiends, the lizard-doggos are a bit too uniform. Of course this means we have to find a nest of their puppers and a Momma Fiend. In turn that means, Poppa Fiend. I'm having mental images of a large van-sized fiend that shoots three-round (loogie?) bursts, capable of lunging at the player like the Trash Hags on easier difficulties, dodging to the side much like the Ghosts on medium difficulties and finally shooting a three-round spread type shot that's harder to dodge and ground pound attack on hardest difficulty. I'd like to think the Poppa Fiend is colored black n' white, much like my avatar. :P

Radcannon - Something something Brehmstrahlung Focusing Arrays, something something Radiation Containment Core, danger to the countryside yadda yadda. Through sheer irradiated balls and insanity, some enterprising mutant has created a superweapon powered by a chunk of Cobalt-doped Plutonium somehow kept in a constant state of near catastrophic critical mass, the radiation of which is safely contained. Until the weapon's fired that is. Functionally unlimited ammo, the main problem is that every shot makes the geiger counter spike something fierce. You want to use it extensively, make sure you have Purge in stock because after three or so initial shots you'll be bathing in radiation. Mutants, amirite?

Fiend Rodeo - Would be interesting and cool if we could ride a fiend, similarly sized like the Poppa Fiend, which could jump higher and shoot on command and maybe have the secondary fire allow it to eat the corpses of the enemies to give it more "ammo" with which to shoot. I'm thinking some system of caverns and caves taken over by mutants that can only be traversed using a fiend.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Vostyok wrote:bounty hunters after you because of your crimes
"The Caesar has marked you for death, and the Legion obeys! Ready yourself for battle!" Er... wrong game, i guess.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

@ RTheM

Hey buddy, thanks for the comments:

Variable size doggos: I read this and immediately thought of the Fist Of The North Rawr quest in Lonesome road. I'm giving the pit fiends and some enemies a new lick of paint, since the story will be taking the player to a different region of the wastes. We'll see what works...
Radcannon: Trying to avoid anything overtly sci-fi. I was thinking more a weapon that fires pit fiend bile, gasbag spores, radioactive ooze, or Muta-cola (derp) in some sort of gas propelled system. Could be an interesting change. Not sure where to fit it in though...
Fiend Rodeo: This is an amazing idea. Like the Duke 2016 Donkey ride, but with acid spit and claws. And pit fiends are pretty frickin huge.

As an aside, has anyone won any caps betting on Glowtoof?

@ JDredalert

Could probably put a legion reference in there. Just noticed I haven't done anything about the statue of liberty :shock:

Now that IS a post-apocalyptic trope!
RTheM

Post by RTheM »

Vostyok wrote:Radcannon: Trying to avoid anything overtly sci-fi. I was thinking more a weapon that fires pit fiend bile, gasbag spores, radioactive ooze, or Muta-cola (derp) in some sort of gas propelled system. Could be an interesting change. Not sure where to fit it in though...
Aw... but fair enough. Maybe a Railgun instead then? :P Make it more Metro 2033-esque and name it The Eraser or something. Or a junk crossbow that fires nukage coated or Americium (the radioactive material that's used in smoke detectors) tipped rebar?
Vostyok wrote:As an aside, has anyone won any caps betting on Glowtoof?
I did, but never the full winnings. 20$ on Glowtoof but I think it was really close. Never won the 30$ bets, the either of the ones that I bet on would always die. Honestly, the betting minigame is a bit eh, 30$ at most is kind of weaksauce compared to what can be earned from just a few bits of of junk.
TDG

Post by TDG »

RTheM wrote:A little bug I just noticed, if you run at full speed at the bike and get in it, you can go really fast so long as you don't stop or try to pilot the bike with the movement controls or the like, just keep pressing forward and steer with mouselook, it's ridiculous how fast you can be. I guess I found the Nope Mode for the bike. :P Also, since I found that out on Highway Holocaust basically at the start of the map, I'm now having mental images of Scav getting on his bike and just blasting off away with a scream of "FUUUUUUUUUU-" leaving behind a cloud of dust and a burning trail a la 'Back To The Future'. XD Though the speeds at which you can go with this bug means that most crashes are outright fatal or near-fatal.
Now I have to insist that that is added as an Easter egg or comedy ending to the conclusion of the game.
We see the Scavenger holding on for his dear life onto his bike as it goes faster and faster, flashes of light and energy happen, and suddenly the Scavenger and his bike are gone. All that is left is a single track of fire and a spinning license plate.

Then before the credits come up we get the text "To be continued" in the font of the Back to the Future movies.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Not sayin this is gonna happen.

But it's gonna happen.
Ardias

Post by Ardias »

I just finished this on Survival and I'm not gonna beat around the bush, it's fucking great. I really love the feel of the gunplay, the urban environments (hope we get more stuff like the knocked down building where everything is sideways), and references to Roadside Picnic and the like. Gonna pop it in GZDoom again and play it on Ranger Hardcore Survival Hard now and actually check out the silenced Glock.
Vostyok wrote: As an aside, has anyone won any caps betting on Glowtoof?
I actually bet thirty smackaroos on Glowie when I first arrived at the station and somehow won. It was on the release version so that might've changed things somewhat.
camper

Post by camper »

Vostyok wrote:There is actually a condition built into the maps, as is. If you kill anyone in the first town, the next town will be less happy to deal with you. But it's very minor and I'd like to do more than this in future.
Will there be some simple system that looks like a oolite legal status: clean, offender, fugitive?
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

I doubt I will make it that complex. If you shoot people, they'll start shooting back. Obviously, it's not the intended way to play, but I'll put it in anyway if people want the option. You'll probably get one warning, at least.
RIPANDTEAR76

Post by RIPANDTEAR76 »

On a note about the guns that might be added later on. If you load the weapon pack with one of the older builds you can use the grenade launcher and m16 with all of the other weapons. It's pretty glitchy but it is pretty cool to see. Also on the wall of weapons next to smiley you can see the sprites for the m16 and colt but there is also another rifle that looks like a m1 carbine with what looks like a night vision scope.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

RIPANDTEAR76 wrote:..... Also on the wall of weapons next to smiley you can see the sprites for the m16 and colt but there is also another rifle that looks like a m1 carbine with what looks like a night vision scope.
Nice spot.

You'll get that one in the next episode. If you look hard enough :wink:
atarumoroboshi18

Post by atarumoroboshi18 »

I just registered just to say, I LOVED this episode! High quality all the way! Definitely can't wait for Ep. 2! I love the fact that the weapons are down to earth and not monstrously powerful.
dhindes

Post by dhindes »

Hey, this is an amazing looking episode.

I'm the Editor of ModDB, and I'm wondering if you'd be interested in making a profile for Ashes 2063 and uploading the episode as a mirror there? I'd love to give it some coverage on the site's headlines.

Cheers

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”