Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: Ashes - Post-apocalypse TC -WIP (Working on preview)

Post by Vostyok »

chronoteeth wrote:I know i said it before but I LOVE the damn origins for the guns, its not center but its not side, its juuuust right and that makes it so nice

plus a revolver would be a more common choice than a 1911 for sure in a post apoc world
Haha. I thought so too. It has an awesome reload sequence too, but it lost out to the colt at some point ...

Seeing it again makes me want to put it back in.. Maybe I'll make it .357 too. That'll give it some staying power, even in the late-game.

Decisions, decisions....
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

i'd say put it in! its a grand sprite, and it fits the theme well. You can make it a 5 shot revolver, or better yet, make it actually weaker than the 1911, but far far more common

i know being too "me-too" is a bad thing, but as long as it isnt over inflated with too similar weapons then you'll be perfectly fine
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I like the Colt .45, we've had a lot of revolvers lately in mods, so going back to a semi-auto handgun is nice.
DoukDouk

Post by DoukDouk »

chronoteeth wrote:i'd say put it in! its a grand sprite, and it fits the theme well. You can make it a 5 shot revolver, or better yet, make it actually weaker than the 1911, but far far more common

i know being too "me-too" is a bad thing, but as long as it isnt over inflated with too similar weapons then you'll be perfectly fine
I think this is a good idea. Revolvers being more prominent makes more sense in an apocalyptic scenario as they're more reliable and less likely to break down. Not sure if I'd want it weaker or stronger than the 1911 though. It'd be a balanced combo to include a powerful low-cap handgun and a weak high-cap handgun, if that were your intentions.

Also, personally, crafting seems a bit too overdone and it feels like the Doom engine isn't really build for that kind of inventory management, though a couple permanent upgrades for weapons would fit in just fine. It would also be cool to find different weapon parts scattered around and use them to assemble a weapon, though. And it would fit in with the whole scavenger nature that this game seems to have. Your call though of course. :P
Vostyok wrote: Image
I like this sprite in particular. Maybe it can be something like a crude single-shot, powerful rifle?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

i might support this mod when it's keep progressing, bookmarked.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

DoukDouk wrote: Image

I like this sprite in particular. Maybe it can be something like a crude single-shot, powerful rifle?
Yah, it was going to be a single-barrel shotgun or repeater rifle. Back when I was just working on this being a straight weapons wad, most of the weapons emphasized single-bullet reloads (think Outlaws), but I found it changed the dynamics of deathmatch too drastically from the original experience. Now it's in my free resources section, along with a couple of frames of the MP5 (which originally took the place of the M16, but chewed up ammo far, far too fast unless the ROF was reduced to that of a tennis ball launcher)

Support would be very much appreciated. It's the mapping that takes the most time, so if anyone who would like to produce a little city diorama for me to "Mad-Max-ifi" that would be very welcome. And interesting. Art and textures - although any content that fits the theme, I heartily encourage. Maybe I'll add an easter egg or two in your honor. Haha.

This is obviously a very ambitious project, but by releasing as episodes, it is certainly attainable. I'm planning on making this grow....
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Have you considered adding stuff like pipe-bombs, Molotov cocktails, and pressure-cooker bombs? I think home-made weapons and IEDs in addition to the arsenal you have, would add a lot to immerse the player into the post-apocalyptic environment. Food for thought.
Last edited by Kontra Kommando on Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

honestly im just stoked to see how the guns feel! If its possible, package the wads seperately, but in the same zip? Just so we can enjoy the guns by themselves too

guns that nice lookin have to be decent using
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

chronoteeth wrote:honestly im just stoked to see how the guns feel! If its possible, package the wads seperately, but in the same zip? Just so we can enjoy the guns by themselves too

guns that nice lookin have to be decent using
I agree, those sprites are of very good quality. I too am eager to try them out.
PooshhMao

Post by PooshhMao »

Looking forward to play this.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Oooh.... petrol bombs and pipebombs and nailbombs....

Reminds me of TFClassic.... or Skynet. Loved the variety of explosives in that game.

Working on Pk3 of weapons only. Revolver is currently being dusted off, settling on .45 caliber.

"Hang on lads, I've got a great idea"

Wait, wait, hear me out.

I'm planning on BRINGING BACK the M1911, with a new idle sprite, as a starting pistol for a second character class, which will be added as either the second or third episode release. Not saying who he will be (the primary class is an up-and-coming scavenger, known as "Survivalist" - hood, leather jacket, revolver - think rookie S.T.A.L.K.E.R.), but expect a more pseudo-military, militia type.

Best of both worlds - you can use ammunition for either class, on any map, and if you fancy having both in a deathmatch.... go find that other fool and shank him. :twisted:
DoukDouk

Post by DoukDouk »

I like the ideas of different types of bombs :twisted: Things like tripwire bombs like claymores would be fun additions.

I might be able to help out with the mapping. It depends what you want done, linear maps or hub maps. PM me for more details :)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

if this mod is based on far futuristic apocalyptic world, i would like to see the proxy bomb, otherwise, throwing landmine or flashbang.

but i'm worrying about this if you're going to add many of it, though. because we could play the mod with pack of grenades, not guns.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Captain J wrote:if this mod is based on far futuristic apocalyptic world, i would like to see the proxy bomb, otherwise, throwing landmine or flashbang.

but i'm worrying about this if you're going to add many of it, though. because we could play the mod with pack of grenades, not guns.
Tech level will be what we have now, at least in the civilized areas. People in the badlands will be using whatever they brought with them, or what they can build or repair, and even then, more complicated machines will have long since been discarded - don't expect to see any plasma rifles, laser trip bombs or guided missiles.

On your second point, I agree completely. Explosives, even fuel, will be uncommon. If you look hard enough, you'll find enough examples to get you out of a tight spot, but not enough to just run through a map tossing them around randomly.

What will be included will probably be for specific uses - petrol bombs for area denial, frag or nailbomb for AOE, some sort of smoke or flash for distraction... maybe a timed bomb. Not sure about proxies yet...

On another note, finding out only now that working just through Slade is sooooo much easier.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

if you say so. but if you want to add every different kind of bombs, i would recommend to make them spawn rarely, or among with box classes of ammo(clipbox, shellbox and etc.). and about in ratcheted civilized timeline, i think an old and rusty landmine that able to throw would work.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”