Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 Total Conversion - DEMO TRAILER?!?

Post by ramon.dexter »

Not a trailer, but TEASer really :D I'm hyped :wub:

And looks like it will be quite a different experience than the one in the earlier released demo.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 Total Conversion - DEMO TRAILER?!?

Post by Vostyok »

El_Sombrerero wrote:The gameplay of the mod still is going to be oriented to a classical action type of shooter , or a spooky one ?
insightguy wrote:Less fallout and more metro, I can dig it!
It'll actually shift around, theme-wise, depending on situation. Battles against human bandits will usually be balls-to-the-wall, explosions and bullets.
Mutants and .... other things.... will be a bit creepier.
It'll make more sense in the demo. You'll see what I'm going for.

And you've always got Survival Mode if you want a more limited ammo/ high damage gameplay style. I want normal to be more like Doom or even Rage, I guess.

Oh and yeah, I guess the "trailer" is more of a Teaser. :lol:
I'm a little too secretive with my projects.

Haha I just saw the Labyrinth picture. No, it's not based on the Goblins lol. Gives me some ideas for behaviour though. You'll have to wait for the full release to see those guys, though.

Anyway, I'm still ironing out some bugs regarding weapon states at the moment. I won't give a release date. It's never a good idea.

Just... soon. Very soon.
Vostyok

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 TC - THE VAULT DOOR OPENS

Post by Vostyok »

THE VAULT DOOR OPENS UPDATE

Finally, the release of the second demo. Please see the new front page for tips on play, as well as the actual goddamn credits list for this thing (finally).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y4rjcjawn ... ESDEMO2.7z

A little quick note- for some reason the new tutorial map works better if run from a shortcut to Zdoom, with the line

Code: Select all

-file Asheswaddemo.wad -file Gzashes055demo.pk3
added after the location. Not sure why. The replacement actor there just works better. You'll see. Anyway, I hope you enjoy.
It's a little rough around the edges, some sprites still need rotations... and the ending needs a little work.
But I hope you get a good appreciation for where the project is going.

Again, please read the front page for details. I'm not putting up a changelog for this release. It would stretch for miles. But for those of you who have played before, here are a few differences:
Spoiler:
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Vostyok, you crazy diamond.
You snuck in a Hunger Games reference in the boneyard level.
i love you, and your demo so much. hope to see more.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

GODDAMN, THIS IS GOOD.

Excellent work man. I played this with many mods and all of them get as good as they can. Loved the Doom poster on map 01; found only one secret on map 02.

I am eager for the full release.

EDIT: Loved the Glock.
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

excellent from start to finish
these maps are damn good

except the stairs in the tutorial maps building are missing textures from the side
and the office room with the broken window and key in the first map has the window only broken from one side
GENTEK

(WIP) Ashes 2063 TC - THE VAULT DOOR OPENS

Post by GENTEK »

Good job man good vibe and pretty nice puzzle! :wink:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Excellent, dude! You finally posted this! I have waited sooo long and time to play and give you some good ol' feedback.

Alright. Played for a hour and here they are!;

- Crowbar lacks swing animations; it makes it pretty slow.

- Pile Bunker leaves bullet chip decals. Intentional? Also when i saw the pickup sprite for the first time, i thought it was some kind of minigun.

- Looks like the accuracy between Glock and Revolver has no difference.

- Sometimes Revolver and Glock ammo's pickup message confuses me. No Weapon's name included, just describing their visual simply.

Speaking of which, 9mm Automatic? Pump Action? Would be nice if the word Pistol and shotgun is included.

Oh, also Pipe Bomb's Pickup message has no Exclamation mark.

- Machine Pistol's muzzle flash looks very slow, compared to other guns.

- I can't throw Pipe Bomb faster enough. And yet its projectile still plays fuse burning even though it's already exploded.

Also, Why do i have to waste extra 1 ammo to plant it on the ground? Its sprite shows just one bomb...

- Spitter enemy's projectile leaves big-ass scorch. Intentional?

- And lastly, this mod still uses vanilla sounds and some of them are pretty outdated/lacks quality. And i think i can help you with this one.

And that's it! My goodness, i really like the atmosphere of the mod and the enemies.
Spoiler: Spoiler Warning. Really.
So yeah, i can help you with the work if you want!
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I would suggest applying a filter to gasmask-wearing bandits' taunts and onomatopoeias to make them sound like they are coming from behind a gas mask.

Also, it would be neat if the quick melee attack for the rifles and other two-hand weapons would be a buttstroke.

I do not think the items you cannot pick after reaching max capacity should count as items in the map statistics.

And finally, I think those fire extinguishers should act as explosive hazards too. From a level design perspective, it makes no sense to have so many of them lying around without being shootable.

If those have not been done already for the upcoming release, that is.

EDIT: For my personal use, I would like to reassign the Automatic Pistol to the same slot as the Machine Gun. What file do I need to edit?
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

Just played through the entire demo ad i'm already hyped to see the full version. Gunplay is solid and the post-apocalyptic music really gives out the mood (at least for me). Great work, Vostyok.
P.S: Used the hell out of the shotgun, feels like the SWAT shotgun (Winter's Fury).
Ezepov

Post by Ezepov »

nice demo
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Wow! A lot of replies! It looks like I'm hitting the mark then haha.

Appreciate the work you guys put in to find things that are broken. The tutorial level is obviously a rush job, but it'll tie in later with episode one so I'm going to work on it a bit more.

Now, for individual replies:

Captain J
Spoiler:
JohnnyTheWolf
Spoiler:

Everyone:
I'm not sure if I should merge the Mod and Maps together into the one file, and just have a standalone mod version and standalone maps (without radiation, money, etc) for other mods to use.
Would anyone be worried about this? I'll be making compatibility packs anyway (i.e. changing the intermissions and items to a DOOM/UAC flavor for Brutal DOOM/Final Doomer type mods, maybe an Eight-legged-freaks flavor apocalypse for the Aracnocide mod hehehe.
I'll post more when I come up with more updates...
Laters.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Awesome! Thanks.
The_Old_Crow

Post by The_Old_Crow »

This was really well done! I'd offer to help but I'm not confident enough in my skill set to contribute :|
Caleb26

Post by Caleb26 »

Can't wait for full version. It's like someone said earlier " A love letter to the 80s sci fi movies" Great job. Maybe you'd consider using pistol and other sounds from my abandoned tc which was supposed to be a tribute to the 80s action films. THese sounds were ripped directly from 80s/90s action films I think they'd give even more punch to your TC. Weapon graphics were made by MIKE12 so give him a credit if you'd like to use them. I've included some different sound cuts maybe something will fit if not you can always use some nice editing software to edit them yourself.
Feel free to use these sounds. Anyone. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmzp6t2yx6mwhwb/Tc.zip?dl=0

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”