Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: Re: Ashes 2063 TC - Goodies and 1.15 update packs

Post by Vostyok »

Thanks cap. I'll add a new file to the weapons pack that replaces it.

NOTE TO ALL:

The Sterilised map contains a bug with the door into whitewatch (map06). I've uploaded a new version that fixes it, but if you're using the last version you'll have to noclip through that one particular door. Sorry :(
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Something it seems I catched up.
AshesMonstas:Decorate Line 185
MFBM B 2 bright A_SpawnItem ("LeakFlame",8+random(-5,5),8+random(-5,5),0,0)
should be
MFBM B 2 bright A_SpawnItem ("MLeakFlame",8+random(-5,5),8+random(-5,5),0,0)
Czudak

Re: Ashes 2063 TC - Goodies and 1.15 update packs

Post by Czudak »

This mod is so phenomenal and spectacular that even WHO and UN admit that people who refused to play it during their studies were mostly from families plagued with alcoholism, violence, and inbreeding.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Besides, Fictional Radioactive Energy gives us some urges to play this Radical Mod! :D
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Czudak wrote:This mod is so phenomenal and spectacular that even WHO and UN admit that people who refused to play it during their studies were mostly from families plagued with alcoholism, violence, and inbreeding.
Hahahaha! Isn't that the target audience, considering the subject matter?

I'm still chipping away at the next episode. Got two maps pretty fleshed out, with the hub map as a basic layout, that actually connects the zones. Introducing some new sprites and polishing up old ones and textures. Adding some more environmental effects and random occurrences that can trigger when you revisit areas. I'm hoping people will look at the next one and think "man, this is what Ashes: Episode One SHOULD have been- the guy who did the first one was shit".

Or maybe everyone will hate the changes. I'll need playtesters again. Yes...

edit: @Mere_duke Yes, I just noticed that one. It's relatively minor but I can put a fix in the next version. There's still a few quirks and oddities to find, I'm sure.
Procket12

Post by Procket12 »

I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE! *Theme plays*
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

I will let you know when the time comes :D

I'll close this thread and open a new one if possible, when I am ready to show off what I've been busy with. :wink:

Hopefully we'll have Dead Man Walking dlc (nice) to play before that point, and that I AM excited about...
ReformedJoe

Post by ReformedJoe »

Vostyok wrote:Hopefully we'll have Dead Man Walking dlc (nice) to play before that point, and that I AM excited about...
SOON (tm)
Spoiler:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

And I-CANT-WAIT-A. The glare effect on that first screenshot is just amazing.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

I still can't get over the fact that Highway Holocaust's BGM is a variant of Map 05's from TNT: Evilution (not a complaint, by the way - enthusiasm doesn't translate well in text) - while I think there might be too much health in the starting level, I also got lazy after replaying the episode to Terminus various times and just cheated in the MAC-10 at the start of Map 02 to make things faster, so I don't know how well the first four levels play with their own resources.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Ah yeah, I didn't want the first map to be too nasty, since it's an opportunity to make mistakes and try out strategies. I actually originally had the machine pistol as a secret in map02 (I added it back in for the sterilised map set) but it felt like you got too many weapons at once.

The original tnt song was called 'more'. I believe PRIMEVAL intended it as an 80's style homage to the original, since he even called it "Further".
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

So, I updated Jetfire and the FAL mutators - apart from keeping up with 1.15, this should also fix any issues with Rigs and other Terminus NPCs.
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

I like to throw in little nods (or big nods) to classic Doom tracks in my music from time to time. With Ashes having a slight western feel to it, I thought it would be a good track to "remake" and give it a heavy 80's drum kit and synth, the original already using acoustic guitar giving it that slight western tone and a sense of solitude. The title "Further" is a loose synonym to the original track's title "More" and references the distance to travel on the bike as well as the overall journey altogether.

Also, the song "The Mender Haunts," featured in the secret map "Temple of the Dollar," uses some jingles from Doom II: Map 02's track "The Healer Stalks" (again, with the synonymous naming). I always thought D_STALKS sounded like something you'd hear in an elevator, a mall, or buying a vehicle in Gran Turismo (seriously catchy muzak) and thought it would be a good tribute considering the location the player is in: deep, dark, flooded halls. :)
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Well, you done good. Both tracks hit their respective moods perfectly.

@Railgunner: Thanks bud. I'll have a play with them in a bit. I might give the grenade launcher a bit of love (better sounds and sprites for explosion), but I'll not add anything that demands you have to update your pack again :p
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Vostyok wrote:Well, you done good. Both tracks hit their respective moods perfectly.

@Railgunner: Thanks bud. I'll have a play with them in a bit. I might give the grenade launcher a bit of love (better sounds and sprites for explosion), but I'll not add anything that demands you have to update your pack again :p
I don't mind if I have to update my packs if it means more awesome content! Also, I'll have to go in and do some Grenade Launcher stuff (never touched it, and I definitely should have - thumpers are wonderful, aren't they?).

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”