Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Procket12

Re: Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 TC - Entry 5

Post by Procket12 »

You're doing great Vostyok. Just take it one bit at a time, it'll come.
Facínora

Post by Facínora »

Someone asked me to present and review Ashes in this video and I liked it very much. Everything is combined harmoniously and it has nostalgic, yet original looks.
Last edited by Facínora on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Hey, I like that.

Thanks for the video.

Maybe I should have put a "style and color of final product may vary" disclaimer though.

My current build is significantly more polished. Oh well...

Posting some eye candy of new map in a few days.

Laters.
Facínora

Post by Facínora »

I'm glad you liked. Well, It looks way more polished than the version I saw before anyway. And I can make another video when there is a full version later or something.
Vostyok

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 TC - Last screens?

Post by Vostyok »

I'm posting the last screenshots on this thread that I will be releasing. I may be making one more trailer, unless someone else wants to make one during the playtest phase :wink:

I'm currently working on the last two maps, last enemy graphics, last cutscenes, and final boss. Everything else is done.

But I don't want to give anything else away. Very close now. Just getting my act together so I can finish. As usual, any last comments, ideas or help is welcome.
Spoiler:
GENTEK

(WIP) Ashes 2063 TC

Post by GENTEK »

Can't wait to try this new release keep up the good work I really love what I see! :D
Last edited by GENTEK on Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 TC - Last screens?

Post by Captain J »

*HYPE-MELTDOWN ALERT*
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

Captain J wrote:*HYPE-MELTDOWN ALERT*
My reaction upon hearing this. "I just got to remain calm, BUUUUT THE HYPE!!!!!"
Spoiler:
And to think I thought 2018 was going to be crap but In the space of under two months several things have happened, The Adventures of Square Episode 2 came out, ImpieTwo releasing his next book set in the same universe as his Total Conversions Project Einherjar and Midgard Outlaw, the mere mention of BDv21 possibly being finished next month "don't judge me", Doomzone 1.8 being released and Now confirmation that ASHES 2063 might be releasing either a New Demo with new levels or A completed Episode.

Either way, I'm really excited about this.
TDG

Post by TDG »

The sky in those city screen shots made me think of the storm scene in the movie version of Damnation Alley.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

TDG wrote:The sky in those city screen shots made me think of the storm scene in the movie version of Damnation Alley.
Not gonna lie, watched that film while making this mod :lol:
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 TC - Last screens?

Post by ramon.dexter »

Magnificent. Simply magnificent. I can't hide it, but I'm more than hyped :D
Nash

Post by Nash »

Nice stuff Vostyok - been silently following the images from this project from time to time.

I have a small suggestion, although I'm not sure if it would align with your design goals, or if the engine is capable of pulling it off while still keeping solid frame rates - I would look into cluttering. Post apoc scenes tend to be messy, disorganized and dirty as fuck. Rubbsh on the streets everywhere, old papers, junk piles, things like that.

There'd be two ways to do it - the Bethesda way, by Thing-spamming (+NOINTERACTION might help) or you could bake some rubbish onto the floor textures, but that the latter would severely reduce the modularity of the textures.

Doesn't even have to be spammy in terms of placement - even a few junk sprites thrown here and there would help break up the flat, clean look on the floors.

Also would look into messing up walls with graffiti, grunge, grit, damage and blood - just spam decal things all across walls to break up the obvious tiling and neatness. Level-placed decals wouldn't have as much impact on performance, I'd wager.

That said, these are some good looking levels at any rate. Keep it up!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

You know, i thought the same thing back then. I guess the map looks dirty enough to give us some post-apocalypse feelings, but not enough!

So yeah, we'd like to see the map more messy, but without corruption nor lag, hopefully.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

I will be doing something like this on the final run-through, Nash!

Once I'm happy with how the maps play, I want to go through each map, scene by scene, and add a bit more signs of damage and decay.

My machine is pretty powerful though. Not sure how the City map will even run on some rigs.

Hence, I'll need some playtesters to confirm it doesn't chug too much.

Stay tuned.
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

MAD HYPE.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”