Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
goanna678

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 Total Conversion - Revived

Post by goanna678 »

you could add some things from fallout
like weapon attachment crafting
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I'm pretty sure you're able make weapons in this mod, The makeshift weapons.
matuloco

Post by matuloco »

Have you considered palette swaps to add variety to Vultures? I thought about it because of the green mohawk, but maybe it can work with skin tones or clothing.
The project keeps getting better with each update, looking forward to the new demo!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Palette swap... Why i haven't thought that? It might make some weaker or powerful variant of vultures and other noxious enemies!
Big C

Post by Big C »

I think at the minimum palette swaps for lategame variants would be acceptable---unless Vostok was just planning to swarm us with dozens of starter enemies by then. :P
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Hmm... pallette swaps.

I was thinking of doing that for a particular enemy later, as a mini-boss type thing. Also thinking of minor sprite differences within each monster type (this guy has sunglasses/dust goggles, that mutant seems to be missing an arm, etc). Just for variety. What do you guys think? Would this make things a bit too bloated/busy? I want to make sure that each enemy type is distinctive, so you can immediately tell them apart in a big fight. I don't want to confuse the issue. Very important.

At the moment, I'm working on the Trash Lurker (a homage to a rpg I used to play). These guys are really nasty, and much more mobile than you might be used to. They'll replace the spectres I think, as they have a nasty special ability. I'm keeping them and their full sprites under wraps for now. Also working on map02, which you may remember being a mishmash of industrial/military base. It's got a definite flavor now, although I am again at the point where I don't want to give too much away :P

Caution: 900 x 500 image
Spoiler:
Feel free to reply with any thoughts. I like this group discussion thang we got goin on.
kodi

Post by kodi »

I think you've a bit too many square tile patterns going on at once there. Something like a moldy peeling wallpaper texture on the walls would fix that and make it look a bit more like a diner and less like an industrial washing room of some sort.
Gez

Post by Gez »

And for the ceiling you need something that looks like dropped ceiling plaster plates rather than ceramic tiles.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Hmm. Those are good ideas. I will have a look at my textures stash and see what I can make
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Hope you can find some various sprites to decorate that place! Also some wreckage made out of map would be neat!
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Hey, sup.

Just to show this project is moving along at a decent old pace....

Finishing off Map02. Starting on Map03 later, which will be a decent place to try out the bike. Plenty of roads, canyons, even a raider base built into the side of a cliff to clear out. Should be fun!

A lot of the work is just pulling together what I already have. I've already got a bunch of rooms, sprites and code, the product of last year's mess. Just trying to put it all together into a coherent form. I've got a full soundtrack and weapons load-out, at least. And the monsters are (mostly) done. There's a couple I'm keeping secret though, for now...

Oh, I'm also working on some extra cutscene art.

obligatory eye candy:
Spoiler:
Anyway, lots to do, and no time to waste....
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Great stuff and glad to see you are still working on this :D keep it up!
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I think enemy variety is a good idea. I always like to see variants of monsters in mods; Smooth Doom does it pretty well where they're all clearly the same monster type, but some will have helmets, other gear, missing heads etc to make a crowd feel a bit more alive and varied.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Vostyok wrote:obligatory eye candy:
Spoiler:
Amazing news to hear! And gotta love that big pink dude!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

The 4th SS scared me! But hey, glad to see this is still being worked on!

Since i bought me Fallout 3 recently, i'm enjoying post-apocaliptic games even more!

I'm eager to see the next updates!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”