Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
camper

Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - Back to Work

Post by camper »

There is a good but unfinished RAIN map.
Unfortunately, it is not available for download now.
This it looks like an abandoned secret laboratory.
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/6 ... ainy-base/
Deimos Anomaly

Post by Deimos Anomaly »

camper wrote:There is a good but unfinished RAIN map.
Unfortunately, it is not available for download now.
This it looks like an abandoned secret laboratory.
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/6 ... ainy-base/
LOL I still have this one! One of my most beloved Doom maps ever made. There's no enemies, however the ambientation itself is so dark and quiet that it's unsettling enough to be affraid of something. You can feel you're being stalked but there's literally no one.
SLON
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SLON »

Techy_koi wrote:Hey Vostyok any good apocalypse/fallout-ish based maps for your mod the maps have amazing replay value (with a lot of reference) so any chance you know one
HellFire series, especially first wad.
Also try this (it's a unfinished HF 1 remake for GZDoom). Well, you may have to remove the KEYKONF section from there for proper work.
camper

Post by camper »

Deimos Anomaly wrote: LOL I still have this one! One of my most beloved Doom maps ever made. There's no enemies, however the ambientation itself is so dark and quiet that it's unsettling enough to be affraid of something. You can feel you're being stalked but there's literally no one.

There is another map without monsters for DM. Very similar to the stalker map Agroprom.
https://vk.com/wall-48543569_34246
I like to experiment with this.
https://open.tube/videos/watch/55df3bc1 ... e6563775f1
Weapons from Ashes 2063 are very suitable for this.
Zaratul

Post by Zaratul »

Sorry for bumping but i have 1 issue: my solar lantern has blinking light instead of static. My GZdoom settings are wrong or something?
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

Zaratul wrote:Sorry for bumping but i have 1 issue: my solar lantern has blinking light instead of static. My GZdoom settings are wrong or something?
Not sure, but I think that is how the solar lantern works in-game.
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

camper wrote:
Deimos Anomaly wrote: LOL I still have this one! One of my most beloved Doom maps ever made. There's no enemies, however the ambientation itself is so dark and quiet that it's unsettling enough to be affraid of something. You can feel you're being stalked but there's literally no one.

There is another map without monsters for DM. Very similar to the stalker map Agroprom.
https://vk.com/wall-48543569_34246
I like to experiment with this.
https://open.tube/videos/watch/55df3bc1 ... e6563775f1
Weapons from Ashes 2063 are very suitable for this.

The stalker map is amazing ..

Here .I uploaded a video .the stalker map with stalker weapons and Enemies

https://youtu.be/4SuEJ4mroEU
Dr. Granola

Post by Dr. Granola »

Hey, I got the wad and SFX and Jetfire addons.
I'm having a pretty good time, but am concerned about one thing.
Is the lantern supposed to strobe? In my game it flickers constantly.
I checked, and I'm ordering the wads right in ZDoom launcher (Map, then Mod, then SFX then Jetfire)
I'd rather play with the brightness turned down and use the lantern, but at this rate I might have to ditch using it and turn the brightness up.
undeadmonk354

Post by undeadmonk354 »

I have two questions,
1. Does episode 2 of Ashes 2063 got new voice lines?
2. Is the Ashes 2063 TC compatible with Guncaster and Guncaster Vindicated?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Play only with Ashes2063Maps115.wad, for that matter. This file has only maps of Ashes.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

undeadmonk354 wrote: 2. Is the Ashes 2063 TC compatible with Guncaster and Guncaster Vindicated?
In the download section you have an Sterilized vertion that gives you a compatible map pack for playing it with mods.

And for the question of the flicking lantern, Im sure that is intended to work like that and is not a bug. Still, I think the author said something about the lantern on previous post. :?:
TommyGalano5
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TommyGalano5 »

Where did you got the sleeves sprites from Vostyok? (i remembered it from Wild Weasel, correct me if i'm wrong) :geek:
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Dr. Granola wrote:Hey, I got the wad and SFX and Jetfire addons.
I'm having a pretty good time, but am concerned about one thing.
Is the lantern supposed to strobe? In my game it flickers constantly.
I checked, and I'm ordering the wads right in ZDoom launcher (Map, then Mod, then SFX then Jetfire)
I'd rather play with the brightness turned down and use the lantern, but at this rate I might have to ditch using it and turn the brightness up.
No, it isn't supposed to flicker. That was a mistake on my part. It doesn't do that in the version I'm working on now. I'm also giving it a bit of a longer life span.
undeadmonk354 wrote: I have two questions,
1. Does episode 2 of Ashes 2063 got new voice lines?
2. Is the Ashes 2063 TC compatible with Guncaster and Guncaster Vindicated?
Probably. Load it with the sterilised wad as mentioned above. It might also work with the monsters mod, but no promises :P
Oh, and yeah I'm giving the character a bit more to say in ep2.

TommyGalano5 wrote: Where did you got the sleeves sprites from Vostyok? (i remembered it from Wild Weasel, correct me if i'm wrong)
I originally had it credited to wildweasel, but the origins of the original sheet can only be found as reposts now. I have a suspicion it was first made by Funktasm, who is no longer with us. I've already replaced those graphics in the current build, partly because of that and partly because the art shows him wearing a black leather jacket, and it's about time I chose one or the other.

Speaking of the final build... It's almost time to reveal my progress. Almost...
gennoveus

Post by gennoveus »

Vostyok wrote:Speaking of the final build... It's almost time to reveal my progress. Almost...
Thank you very much for putting together this great (best!) mod for us, Vostyok. I'm more excited about the release of EP2 than any other upcoming game release - yes that includes NewBlood's and 3DRealm's great lineups, and even Cyberpunk 2077! I've finished both EP1 and Dead Man Walking 3 times each, now. I would have played even more but I want to savour it.

Super looking forward to seeing progress. Thanks again!
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Ahh this is very nice news. And I was just wondering how's one of my faaaavooorite mods doing =:)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”