Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Re: Ashes 2063 TC - Thread migration soon.

Post by StroggVorbis »

@Vostyok

just in case you aren't aware, in recent GZDoom versions you lose all your armor when morphing into the bike.
Mech
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Mech »

Talking about suggestions: when it comes to maps, I'd like to see more horror style maps(as they were called before): bunkers, abandoned tunnels, or even secret labs in vein of STALKER. Some dark and sinister things in general.
About gameplay: 1)Something needs to be done with the lamp or it's "recharging". Because if you just enjoy exploring at low pace, you can waste the whole charge rather fast. 2)EP1 last level. I assume you made it as exploration focused level considering lots of things to interact with, but this transition from pure combat to pure walking is too sharp for me. I mean, apart from small bunch of mutants and the boss the level is just empty. Not the end of the world type of problem, but still. I can suggest here making it as some sort of time to catch-a-breath after a hell of a fight in the Spire's vicinity. But this kind of fight needs to be created first, say, with making the enemies coming endlessly.
camper

Post by camper »

Mech wrote:Talking about suggestions: when it comes to maps, I'd like to see more horror style maps(as they were called before): bunkers, abandoned tunnels, or even secret labs in vein of STALKER. Some dark and sinister things in general.
Ashes of 2063TC is another game, and it is beautiful and perfect in itself.
In vein of STALKER here
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

@StroggVorbis Thank you for the heads up. I'm redoing the bike script from scratch, but to be honest the morph-actor function which it runs off has had a deluge of problems which still plague it, so I'm coming up with a new way of doing it. Guess this serves me right for misusing it for something it was never designed for, haha.

@Mech. Don't worry I got you covered. The paranormal aspects of the backstory are being fleshed out a bit more so expect some weirdness here and there, especially places that 'man was not meant to go'.

The lamp is getting a bit of a rethink, I might drop it altogether but still thinking about it. But yeah, at the moment I'm looking at giving it a longer battery life and faster charge.

I have received several comments about the end. Some enjoyed the suspense exploring the base, but did feel it was let down with a subdued final battle. I'll see this doesn't happen again.

@Camper. That's an interesting project, thanks for sharing. I wonder how it approaches the theme... Might have to have a look at it.

Anyway, still not sure if I'm going to post some WIP stuff here or in the new thread I'll be building soon. Be aware, I'll be requesting this thread be closed soon. I would rather it just be used for bug reports and balance suggestions, rather than discussion for the next episode. Feel free to PM me any concerns or suggestions. :)
Raito

Re: Ashes 2063 TC - Thread migration soon.

Post by Raito »

Hello there. I am the dude that reply to you today in Youtube. Sorry that i took a bit of time to get the error because i have to replay the game again with manual save that starts at Map02.

G
VM Execution Aborted: Tried to read from address zero.

Called from ConversationMenu.OnDestroy at gzdoom_dev.pk3:zscript/ui/menu/conversationmenu.zs, line 228

When i load up Map03 using the console and end the map. Map04 loaded up with no problem.

Then i start a new game again but with noclip2 and god mode on. Reach to the end with the radio on 01 then completed 02 by flipping the switch then go through the gate. 03, asking both the old man in the settlement about the radio and city. Give the radio to the shopkeep and collect the info from barkeep and end the mission. Map04 loaded up with no problem.

Game: Dev version 3.8.2_legacy

Map06 seems to be fixed. I am not entirely sure.
Last edited by Raito on Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Curunir
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Ashes 2063 TC - Thread migration soon.

Post by Curunir »

This is outstanding work! I was looking for a wastelandish game to play the other day and remembered seeing this in news headlines, downloaded it and it has been an absolute joy so far! Thank you!
himmelreich

Post by himmelreich »

Is there any news? Do we get episode 2 released this year?
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

himmelreich wrote:Is there any news? Do we get episode 2 released this year?

It's getting there! We've had a slow start this year, but have been making progress. Still too early to give a release date or idea on progress, since a lot is still undecided regarding how long it is going to be. We've been a bit quiet though, so I will give a short list of planned and present features:
Spoiler:
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

will we get full rotation sprites for the human pain sprites? since i think i remember that they only had one pain rotation.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Tartlman wrote:will we get full rotation sprites for the human pain sprites? since i think i remember that they only had one pain rotation.
Done :D

All rotations, including Trash Hag and ... Ghost thing... Rotations are being done
gennoveus

Post by gennoveus »

That new screenshot looks amazing!!!!!
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

i hope i already didnt write this ... so i apologize if i did

in my opinion as usuall... i think that the huge revolver or the pistol 6 bullet pistol should not be the starting pistol because its the most powerful pistol in progression case it would be better if you had the fast shoooter to begin with and then got the revolver. i would sugest having similar step up apporach to the weapons throughout but i dont know if that was the plan anyway.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

To be honest... Both pistols are very important to this TC. Revolver packs a punch, but the ammo has low chance of being spawned and easier to waste all of it. Glock does the job when you have to prevent the ammo shortage despite it's weaker and slightly inaccurate.

Maybe make the player start with only Glock in Survival difficulties?
Last edited by Captain J on Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I believe the recover time, magazine and rate of fire of the Glock is what makes it "better" than the revolver. Indeed, the revolver damage is better, but also, you have only 6 shots, and on higher difficulties, this is kinda tough, as you have to make each shot count.
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

@theroguemonk

Although the revolver is stated in the fluff to be the "better pistol" (and indeed does more damage and has better accuracy) the autoloader is overall a better weapon, as the others pointed out. DPS and magazine capacity balance out its shortcomings to make it generally more useful.

The revolver lives up to its reputation IMO as trusty backup as the ammunition is exclusive to it (a lot of people blast away all their 9mm as soon as they get the machine pistol) and does enough damage to stop most threats on their own.

Its a balance I think I got right, and is a moot point now as in ep2, revolver and autoloader thugs are now two separate spawns, and you should get a 9mm within your first minute or so of play. It'll be more about which weapon you want to spend more time with, which the mod system will allow you to invest in.

I hope that was helpful :)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”