Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 TC - Entry 5

Post by Vostyok »

JESUS CHRIST THIS IS TAKING FOREVER.

I'll have to do something smaller for my next project.

Anyway, just to let you guys know I'm still working. Let me know what you think.

Laters.
YukesVonFaust

Re: Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 TC - Entry 5

Post by YukesVonFaust »

oh, that hub map in that one is sooooo Metro: last light-ish, and i love it!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Ohohohoh yeah. I definitely can see that this City is Absolutely big and grand! I really can't wait to explore the whole area and would find some easter eggs or delicious secrets. Keep it up!
GENTEK

(WIP) Ashes 2063 TC - Entry 5

Post by GENTEK »

Keep up the good work!!! I really love what I see! :D
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

I love what I see! Keep up the good work :D
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

DON'T JUST STAND THERE, I SAID COME IN
Zemakat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Zemakat »

Yeeees. The return of the wrath of Vostyok's entries. This time focused on a nice little (Well actually it's dirty so yeah no.) underground town.

Wonder if friendships can be formed there, even if rare in those types of depressing, toxic days.
Raptoid

Post by Raptoid »

The latest diary is very atmospheric. I'm quite eager to play the full the release as I'm always interested in a good apocalyptic game, I'll go try the demo now.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Out of curiosity, will that number code spoken in the demo become important in the full TC?

Also, any chance of AK or other rebuilt assault rifle?
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Gideon020 wrote: Also, any chance of AK or other rebuilt assault rifle?
I second this. An assault rifle weapon would make the whole thing feel more Metro-y, while also providing a more focused and accurate alternative to the SMG
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Haha. Still can't get away from the weapons discussions.

I want to add an m16 variant. More accurate and powerful but slower fire rate. Still considering whether it should be in this release. I might bring it in later as a bonus weapon.

We'd have to lose the scoped rifle though. What do you guys think you'd be happier with?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Scope mechanism is probably most useful and accurate, obviously way to snipe the enemies from far distance, hence silencing them like nothing. Would be sucked if each one of them never included.

However, i got an idea. Why not just put Scope on M16?
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

Vostyok wrote:Haha. Still can't get away from the weapons discussions.

I want to add an m16 variant. More accurate and powerful but slower fire rate. Still considering whether it should be in this release. I might bring it in later as a bonus weapon.

We'd have to lose the scoped rifle though. What do you guys think you'd be happier with?
I'm partial to that scoped rifle as it fills that role of a Sniper weapon and with a few demonstrations of it in a few of your videos It looks too good to just throw away. The powerful M16 Variant could be like an upgrade that you can either purchase from some vendor at some high price since you have also shown the use of friendly NPC's using the Strife dialogue system. or it can be found in a later level in a secret area. But that is my thoughts on the matter
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I like LightBad's way of thinking. Of course, this is not Fallout, but, Army-restricted weaponry would be really hard to get in a post apocaliptic world. The sniper rifle works because it looks like a Jerry-rigged carbine with a scope on it.
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

@GAA1992 well considering the state of the world in Ashes 2063 it would be difficult to say the least to acquire anything really decent in terms of firepower like finding any state of the art weapons in working order without major issues that would stem from years/decades of neglect would be considered rarer than clean and pure water. Thus why most inhabitants of the wastes have to use simple weapons that do not have much in the way of moving parts or complex mechanisms Like Revolvers, Sawed Off Shotguns, Single Shot Rifles, Pneumatic and Bow-Like weaponry, stuff that an amateur gunsmith can either repair or Jury-Rig into something Meaner and Deadlier

Eventually once all the spare parts run out and the ammunition presses stop working it's jury rigged weapons from here on out, unless there is someway for humanity to bounce back from this drastically like having a society where literacy, agriculture, industry and science are all used at the same time without some group of biker bandits driving in and messing shit up but judging from the looks of Ashes 2063 it's not to the point where people are relying on Huge Sticks to defend themselves or cause mayhem and the only hope for humanity is someone who uses an Ancient Form of Martial Arts that can literally cause foes to explode into a pile of gibs via poking one of many pressure points.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”