Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
GordonGrand

Re: (WIP) Ashes 2063 TC - New Poll on front page. Read.

Post by GordonGrand »

I found missing stair textures in the tutorial map :(
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20171014_211125.png
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

GordonGrand wrote:I found missing stair textures in the tutorial map :(

Yep, thanks, we're aware of that one. Lol.

It's because I rushed the tutorial map to get the demo out. I still need to add a little section about using the lantern and making jumps in your bike, but I'll fix the stairs for the final release.

edit: Suppose I should keep on working, since it seems everyone wants to know what happens next :)
The next place you'll visit is your home, The Wall, the town built on the hydroelectric dam in the tutorial, except this time you are inside the walls.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I guess he did escape from LA.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:I guess he did escape from LA.

*wink, wink*
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I guess now we finally can see the improved strife merchant system, huh? Or maybe various extra dialogues to select with?

Regardless, it looks really promising.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Yeah, there will only be a couple of places where you actually need to talk to anyone, so it's not a major part of the episode. You can have some pretty long conversations though, if you like backstory, etc.
Zemakat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Zemakat »

I tried this out either a couple or just 1 day ago, and it did indeed feel like it's own game. It made me feel uncomfortable, that I even got scared by...bugs. :P

This also made me set priorities for the weapons. (Glock for weak vultures, shotgun/revolver for shotgunner vultures, pit fiend and cannibals. Crowbar as alt choice for cannibals.)

I didn't seem to think of the level textures belonging to other games, it just felt...like it really was different. I even looked around at the dead corpses.

The music was also very nice as well! So yeah...neat mod, really! I loved that! :thumb:
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Glad you enjoyed it. Did you not find the Machine Pistol then? It would almost replace the Glock, but it eats up ammo far too quickly at the beginning.

By the way, I'm still chewing over ideas for the rifle weapon for slot 7. To replace the Doom plasma rifle. At the moment, it is looking like a tie between the Assault rifle and a Single shot slug rifle. You may have seen it earlier in the thread, edit by Chronoteeth. Reposting the pics here for reference:

Image Image

(Junk rifle is available unscoped as well.... maybe an upgrade later... hmmm....)

If anyone has any other ideas about what they would like to see, let me know. Just not a crossbow or a minigun. urgh. Maybe later.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Maybe a reworked Flamethrower (Master Blaster?) could replace the Plasma Rifle? If not, how about a Nailgun a la Quake IV?

Also, why does the hand holding the scoped rifle have a black sleeve?

Finally, will there be a rocket launcher in addition to the pipe bombs?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Vostyok wrote:Glad you enjoyed it. Did you not find the Machine Pistol then? It would almost replace the Glock, but it eats up ammo far too quickly at the beginning.
I somehow found it easily and it was useful for mowing down the enemies, obviously.
By the way, I'm still chewing over ideas for the rifle weapon for slot 7. To replace the Doom plasma rifle. At the moment, it is looking like a tie between the Assault rifle and a Single shot slug rifle. You may have seen it earlier in the thread, edit by Chronoteeth. Reposting the pics here for reference:
Plasma Rifle's role is Projectile/Hitscan based automatic weapon that fires quickly with decent damaging. So i say Assault Rifle would do the trick. As for the Slug rifle, i think it would be fitting for Rocket Launcher. If it has explosive round or something.
If anyone has any other ideas about what they would like to see, let me know. Just not a crossbow or a minigun. urgh. Maybe later.
I think i got some; Junk-Rocket Launcher, Scrap-Blunderbuss that fires Bouncing Scraps like Flak Cannon, and Crossbow based weapon that LAUNCHES Buzzsaw Blade!
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Thanks guys. I will put some more thought into it. It'll probably share ammo with the slot 8 weapon, but I'm keeping that under wraps for now.

Writing dialogue and tidying up mapping at the moment. Fortunately, I spent a bit of time with Neverwinter Nights, so dialogue trees are pretty simple to me. Hope to get some interesting conversations, with some questions opening up new topics with other characters. I suppose it won't stop some people from just running through town to the exit, or just shooting the merchants and taking their stuff... But then who am I to judge? If you want to play that way, there won't be any artificial restraints to stop you. Consequences... But not restraints.
Most maps are pretty fleshed out already, structure wise. I will have to look at difficulty balance a bit though. Map04, 07, 08, and 09 need the most work. If anyone fancies lending a hand, PM me.
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

Vostyok wrote: By the way, I'm still chewing over ideas for the rifle weapon for slot 7. To replace the Doom plasma rifle. At the moment, it is looking like a tie between the Assault rifle and a Single shot slug rifle. You may have seen it earlier in the thread, edit by Chronoteeth. Reposting the pics here for reference:
About the Assault Rifle or Homemade Rifle decision I think both weapons would fit in well in the mod. the Assault Rifle as your Plasma Rifle Equivalent "Good for medium-long range and does a fair bit of damage" just keep the ammo a bit scarce and your Homemade Rifle as some improvised long range rifle. so including them both would be a decent idea.
Vostyok wrote:If anyone has any other ideas about what they would like to see, let me know. Just not a crossbow or a minigun. urgh. Maybe later.
How about a Scrap Made Coilgun like Metro 2033's Railgun. It could be an late game weapon and its ammo could be rare as well. I know a Magnetically Powered weapon is probably unlikely in this kind of universe but considering that I have seen some YT'ers make their own Fireable Coil guns it's still theoretically possible I mean there are still car batteries from the Old world that can be used to electrically power the magnets.

And a Explosive Hurling Shoulder Mounted Catapult Device like the Fat-Man/Nuka Cannon from the Fallout Series. Other than that I think the other ideas I may have had have been brought up by other people here.

EDIT- Crap It looks like I am late to the Idea party. :(
Caleb26

Post by Caleb26 »

When are you going to put your youtube channel up?
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Its already up. Look for Vostyok. There is only the teaser video on it for now, but I am going to be releasing new videos as each map nears completion.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Here is a link for those who are having trouble finding it.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”