Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - THREAD EVACUATION

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: (wip) Ashes 2063 TC - Back to Work

Post by Vostyok »

Sebrw wrote:Small bug report: Whenever I use the sawed-off shotgun alt-fire (=knife), I'm stuck with the knife after the first hit without being able to strike again or change weapon with the scroll wheel. I must change weapon with number keys.
This is with ashes weapon pack.
Lol. Is this your original copy or the modified copy I sent you? It's works fine with the copy I sent you on my machine. And is it just the sawed-off shotgun?

Just for reference, the code for the bootknife should read like this:
Spoiler:
Nmn wrote:The borders of the post apocalyptic wasteland can not contain my happiness when I see dem new screenshots.
Go team Ashes!
No, go you! :D

Thank you for the comment. Just as a bonus, have another picture!
Spoiler:
vonhapen

Post by vonhapen »

Anyone else having issues with loading saves? Getting error message: Level was saved with a different set or order of ACS modules. (Have VEHICLE, save has SOLARPOW)

And I'am using the same GZDoom version these saves where created with (gzdoom-x64-g4.4pre-313-g331f3d85d).
Last edited by vonhapen on Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Vostyok wrote:Just as a bonus, have another picture!
Spoiler:
:wub: Christmas is early this year.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

vonhapen wrote:Anyone else having issues with loading saves? Getting error message: Level was saved with a different set or order of ACS modules. (Have VEHICLE, save has SOLARPOW)

And I'am using the same GZDoom version these saves where created with (gzdoom-x64-g4.4pre-313-g331f3d85d).
This is caused by the maps and mod being loaded in an incorrect order, or saving after loading them in an incorrect order. If you are using a launcher, load the maps first and then the mod second. I would also recommend using a shortcut as stated on fp. Try a different load order and see if your saves work.

This is something I will be changing in the next release, which is the split between maps and mod. They shall be a combined pk3, with the only separate modules being the maps/weapons only packs.
vonhapen

Post by vonhapen »

Vostyok wrote:
vonhapen wrote:Anyone else having issues with loading saves? Getting error message: Level was saved with a different set or order of ACS modules. (Have VEHICLE, save has SOLARPOW)

This is caused by the maps and mod being loaded in an incorrect order, or saving after loading them in an incorrect order. If you are using a launcher, load the maps first and then the mod second. I would also recommend using a shortcut as stated on fp. Try a different load order and see if your saves work.

This is something I will be changing in the next release, which is the split between maps and mod. They shall be a combined pk3, with the only separate modules being the maps/weapons only packs.
That (kinda) did it, thanks. However, i had to load the mod first, maps second and the sfx-mod last in my case, using a batch-file. But the saves now works.

And thanks for this awesome TC of course. That is some outstanding work. 8-)
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Very good. Glad that helped!

Also, to everyone just joining this thread, no we haven't had a new release. False alarm. It just got popular again all of a sudden.

There is no launch threat at this time.
Sebrw

Post by Sebrw »

Vostyok wrote: Lol. Is this your original copy or the modified copy I sent you? It's works fine with the copy I sent you on my machine. And is it just the sawed-off shotgun?
Well the code is exactly the same in mine. The bug is with the original and the new one the same. But after several trial, it appears that it is linked with the other mods I'm playing with. When running the weapon mod with original doom/doom2/Ashes2063 it's running smooth. It's weird it's only affecting the double boomstick :-)

For record, the mods I'm playing with that induce the bug are:

Path=zbloody_hell.wad
Path=ZBloody_Hell_v199.pk3
Path=ZBloody_Hell_v199x_Patch.pk3
Path=AshesWeapons_mod.pk3
Path=AshesFAL_mod.pk3
Path=Ashes_CJs_WastedAshesSFXs.wad
Path=mXhairs_2.0.pk3
Path=sm4BBgorev2.pk3

I think it might be due to the zbloody_hell mod that also have a sawed-off. I did not check the code but it might be that there is a conflict between both shotguns? Like perhaps at the end of the knife hit, it comes back to the zbloodyhell shotgun instead of the Ashes' one and since it does not exist in the inventory (as I have only Ashes weapons), it creates the bug? I will check when I have a time and let you know.

Thanks for help!
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

I've got a little question about load order here: I want to use the Weapons Mod with both the FAL and the Jetfire Mod. I think I'm supposed to load the Weapons Mod, then the Jetfire Mod, then the Jetfire FAL. Is that correct?

(I use ZDL, for the record. Just want to know what mods in what order, please.)
JMP-Jack

Post by JMP-Jack »

Vostyok wrote:
Sebrw wrote:
No, go you! :D

Thank you for the comment. Just as a bonus, have another picture!
Spoiler:
My god! It's beautiful!
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

openroadracer wrote:I've got a little question about load order here: I want to use the Weapons Mod with both the FAL and the Jetfire Mod. I think I'm supposed to load the Weapons Mod, then the Jetfire Mod, then the Jetfire FAL. Is that correct?

That is correct. That is the original order. If you are also using the sound pack, that goes last of all.
openroadracer

Post by openroadracer »

Vostyok wrote:
openroadracer wrote:I've got a little question about load order here: I want to use the Weapons Mod with both the FAL and the Jetfire Mod. I think I'm supposed to load the Weapons Mod, then the Jetfire Mod, then the Jetfire FAL. Is that correct?

That is correct. That is the original order. If you are also using the sound pack, that goes last of all.
So I did have it right. Thanks.
someguy1234

Post by someguy1234 »

hey, can anyone link me the FAL mod? thanks in advance
Techy_koi

Post by Techy_koi »

Hey Vostyok any good apocalypse/fallout-ish based maps for your mod the maps have amazing replay value (with a lot of reference) so any chance you know one
openroadracer

Post by openroadracer »

someguy1234 wrote:hey, can anyone link me the FAL mod? thanks in advance
It's in the OP, under the "Releases" section.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Techy_koi wrote:Hey Vostyok any good apocalypse/fallout-ish based maps for your mod the maps have amazing replay value (with a lot of reference) so any chance you know one
There is the After The Holocaust map, by SgtMarkIV, which is a prototype of his later Hell On Earth pack, I presume. Very action oriented, set in an apocalypse in progress.
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... -i/holocas

There is also the Monster Hunter Limited maps. Very interesting urban maps. Very dark and Stalker-ish.
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... /m-o/mohu1
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... /m-o/mohu2

Lots of maps out there to try which go for an atmospheric, exploration theme. Check out also Bloody Steel, Doxylamine Moon, Hellbound (especially the Middle city maps), Comatose or the Lovecraft-esque Strange Eons!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”