[WIP] GORE: Horde of Titans - Now on GitHub

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] GORE - A GZDoom Project by Ozymandias81 (v0.1-2101

Post by Ozymandias81 »

After Mav3rick useful replies I've rejuvenated my submission including "playtesters" row inside Credits spoiler, new thread name with versions included & new changelog infos + freshly uploaded PWad named GOREPROJv01.zip. So many thankx to Ed The Bat, Chronoteeth & Mav3rick in aiding me on the work, I hope they will be happy to be inside "playtesters" list! Stay tuned and :rock:
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

I have suspicions that the lag some of us experience may be due in part to the great number of fog actors on the map. G/ZDoom seems struggle with large numbers of actors.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

The fact is that I'm trying to reach GZDoom limits with GORE, maybe in the future I will add some extra bindings for puke effects out. BTW there are many lights spreading all over the maps + the waterfall effect that are 70% responsible for massive lags. I've added LOS script for this reason, I'll see what I can do in the future then.
Ozymandias81

Re: [WIP] GORE - A GZDoom Project by Ozymandias81 (v0.1-2501

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Added slighlty changes to the mod, from the next week things will get be very serious... I hope :-)
Please read the changelog if you want to know what's changed and be patient if links seems to be broken: it's because I'm updating them!
Ozymandias81

Re: [WIP] GORE - A GZDoom Project by Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

EksFaktr wrote:Sorry for the late response, I've been catching up my Doom backlog and only just finished the Adventures of Square XD

While I haven't managed to make it past the first level of this yet, I am absolutely LOVING what I've played so far. Reminds me a lot of the stuff that was being done for Quake 1 back in the day. Mappers pushing and prodding the engine trying to see what they could do to it and still remain playable for people. Definitely love the style you're taking for this and can't wait to have a finished version. =)
And so sorry for my very aged response :-) . Yes, there will be more Quake-inspired maps inside this project, such as their name (The Grisly Cavern = The Grisly Grotto :3: ) or their grinny-satanic build styles... BTW for now the project is freezed for a short time, I'm building more proper TITLEMAP + MAP00, that will take much of my free time in doing them. But have faith, this project will be released, I must only fast my DB skills a lot. Stay tuned!
Average

Post by Average »

Good work so far. :)

I wonder if you could change the font size for the in game text? I can't read it all unless my nose is against the monitor! :P

I've tried different resolutions but I just can't make it easily legible. Perhaps I'm just getting too old!
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Average wrote:Good work so far. :)

I wonder if you could change the font size for the in game text? I can't read it all unless my nose is against the monitor! :P

I've tried different resolutions but I just can't make it easily legible. Perhaps I'm just getting too old!
You're not the only one who's saying to me this. The fact is that font sizes are directly scaled via maps scripts, I have 1024x768 max res allowed (while my GPU supports 2048x1536 :-( ) and I'm trying to find/create some creepy fonts for this mod.
Unfortunately, this seems to be very far to my graphical editing skills for now, if you know somebody who can do this for me you're welcome. Or just wait for other updates in the future.

PS: BTW I will try to see more properly "sethudsize" scripting for this font...
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Added some sweetie title banner to thread, next time I'll add ALL you need to know about this project (if some of you are spoilers :lol:). Stay tuned and :rock:
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Ozymandias81 wrote:Added some sweetie title banner to thread, next time I'll add ALL you need to know about this project (if some of you are spoilers :lol:). Stay tuned and :rock:
... and also a repolished and more explicative thread! See spoilers and have fun!

PS: Beastiary will be updated in a short time... and movies spoiler will be added in the future, not now, due to huge file sizes & 1mb uploading speed...

PPS: Anybody can say to me if there is some number limit for spoilers? If I insert more than 5, something seems to be broken! :-(
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Spoilers are limited to 5 per post because some people decided they wanted to abuse the privilege by nesting hundreds of them inside of each other and breaking the forum stylesheet in the process.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

wildweasel wrote:Spoilers are limited to 5 per post because some people decided they wanted to abuse the privilege by nesting hundreds of them inside of each other and breaking the forum stylesheet in the process.
There is always somebody acting bad inside the web... BTW there is no other way than to adapt my thread with 5 spoilers at max. Thankx wildweasel and :rock:
Ozymandias81

Re: [WIP] GORE - A GZDoom Project by Ozymandias81 (v0.1-0702

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Added many voices inside "what to expect" spoilers, expecially beastiary row...
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

How did you do these awesome fog effects? When I use some, it looks a bit silly because my fog effects are additive and make my Walls look textureless when illuminated by light, I´ll Upload a screenshot today to show you.

How have you got your fog settings?
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

WARCHILD_89 wrote:How did you do these awesome fog effects? When I use some, it looks a bit silly because my fog effects are additive and make my Walls look textureless when illuminated by light, I´ll Upload a screenshot today to show you.

How have you got your fog settings?
I'm just waiting your screenies, then I'll tell you what you want to know. Secretly. :mrgreen:

@FOG ACTORS: for the actor, I've just downloaded them from HERE, a must-have place for builders with 3/4 of resources used for Gore.

@FOG EFFECTS: I need screenies, then I'll post something 8-) For now take a look to this MAPINFO settings of mine (remove [] rows)...

Code: Select all

defaultmap
{
[...]
evenlighting
smoothlighting
horizwallshade = 8
vertwallshade = 1
[...]
}
This will make configure your maps with these defs for DEFAULT, unless you change directly rows for each maps...
Also you may consider to take a look into THIS, if that's what you need...
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

My Framerate is too low I can´t play your MOD sry.... >:( You got an idea how to fix this? Because your map looks good at the beginning....

To avoid lags I had the idea to cut my maps into sceneries, I have the crashsite, the swamp and the cliffs all in one map, but when I change the scenery by proceeding further in the map I deactivate any thing that could cause lagging, like decorative things (animals, lights, fires, smokes). I´m not sure if this works always but that´s how I do... I also make many plants texture based, I dont use "things", so I can avoid having to place too many "Things" in one area.

EDIT: ONLY MAP01 is unplayable. all other maps ( I checked until map 6) are playable but they are unfinished, right?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”