[WIP] GORE: Horde of Titans - Now on GitHub

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Endless123

Re: [WIP] GORE - A GZDoom Project by Ozymandias81

Post by Endless123 »

chronoteeth wrote:Please remove the offensive cheat messages.
There is a small trick to avoid such messages while using a cheat - bind the cheat to a key - that way you won't have to open the console to use it and you'll avoid any unwanted message ;)

@Ozymandias81 : Glad i could help :) Keep up the good work :D
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Re: [WIP] GORE - A GZDoom Project by Ozymandias81

Post by chronoteeth »

that is absolutely no excuse for an offensive message. hiding it from your eyes does not mean that its still not there. it should've never been there in the first place.

it's like all that disgusting offensive shit found in brutal doom. you could ignore it but it should not have been there in the first place. even duke nukem isn't that crass.

unlike bd though ozy threw no hissyfit about it and did the right thing by changing it, it's been changed now so all is well
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [UPDATE] GORE - A GZDoom Project by Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

For anyone interested in this PWad, the post is now updated with more informations. More screenshots, objects and infos at the end of next week. Stay tuned :-)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

The map design is pretty cool, I like the ambient fog and darkness with heavy architecture. It's pretty laggy for me too, though, unfortunately. It'll be fine for awhile and then stutter for a few seconds, then fine again, so I'm not sure what it is.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

There were no more lags if you play the PWad offline. Reboot your PC, turn off internet or your modem then play the mod. BTW take a look at the end of the readme.txt file, there is a "requirements" section explaining what you need to play Gore. Otherwise, you can try to disable shaders et similae via GZDoom menu.
MADMAXXNOKEN

Post by MADMAXXNOKEN »

This is so cool!!!. I mean that this almost a Doom conversion of Mad Max
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

@MADMAXNOKEN
Uhmm... I think you have replied in the wrong thread... my project doesn't have anything to do with Mad Max :sadno:
Last edited by Ozymandias81 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Can I ask that the weaponslots please be defined in DECORATE and not KEYCONF?
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Ed the Bat wrote:Can I ask that the weaponslots please be defined in DECORATE and not KEYCONF?
Why are you asking me this? What's wrong with keyconf?
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Ozymandias81 wrote:Why are you asking me this?
Because you are using KEYCONF. If you weren't using it, I wouldn't need to ask, now would I.
Ozymandias81 wrote:What's wrong with keyconf?
Aside from being deprecated for nearly six years, it's highly destructive and embarrassingly sloppy.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Ed the Bat wrote:
Ozymandias81 wrote:Why are you asking me this?
Because you are using KEYCONF. If you weren't using it, I wouldn't need to ask, now would I.
Ozymandias81 wrote:What's wrong with keyconf?
Aside from being deprecated for nearly six years, it's highly destructive and embarrassingly sloppy.
Thank you for having noticed this "deprecated sloppy", I'll try to fix it in an instant... There are so plenty o' things to manage here and sometimes something is forgotten :roll:
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

I understand. I'm hearing so much praise for this project, I wanted to be able to see it for myself. Keep up the good work.

And I'm sorry if I sounded harsh. KEYCONF is a major hot-button for me.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Ed the Bat wrote:I understand. I'm hearing so much praise for this project, I wanted to be able to see it for myself. Keep up the good work.

And I'm sorry if I sounded harsh. KEYCONF is a major hot-button for me.
Everything's fine thankx, don't worry. Criticism are welcome, BTW the file is fixed now, commented out setslots and redefined plysgore.txt inside misc actors folder (weapons order). IMOH KEYCONF remains only for puke reasons now. :mrgreen:
Time to update the changelog.
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

Hey nice to see all going well with the project ;) i did a quick play to check if there were more things and see the changes, and i notice some weird things.

1.. the shotgun after shooting the last few frames after the cocking seem too fast or cut off, dunno but look odd
2.. the ssg at the end of the reload animation jump to one extra animation at the end
3.. the weird sence of wet floor i mentioned in the begining of the level, well now is on the blue skull key section O.o
4.. will be good to add a number version to any realse so people can have a info of what is changed or if there was something missing from previos versions :)
5.. didnt find the flashlight, can you tell me where is it?
6.. the yellow color on the OP can be some other , maybe try some dark color?
7.. maybe adding a WIP, Alpha or beta to your thread name will make it more clear :) for now it seems a finish project
8.. hope to see some cool alt funtion for the weapons ;)

so far all is good :) keep the good work
Ozymandias81

Re: [WIP] GORE - A GZDoom Project by Ozymandias81 (v0.1)

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Ok Mav3rick, I'll see if I can try to fix these things... The flashlight is only at MAP99 for now, once the startmap will be finished you'll find here. "Wet floors" on blue skullkey place can't be fixed for now, I've used plenty of vertex slope things here, maybe I could remove some of them or lower them. BTW thankx you very much on playtesting Gore!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”