Push - Griefing Made Legal (G-G-G-GIGAWAD)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

Re: Push - Griefing Made Legal (Want some free advertisement

Post by DoomKrakken »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:I guess probably because there's no health, guns, ammo or cover in the maps.
It would be nice to have maps styled like these. And, who needs cover?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

making them into an invashion maps would be the best choice, if some mods you were told us about is friendly to zandronum...
DoomKrakken wrote:And, who needs cover?
for people who needs to be hidden from the enemies or fired hitscan bullets and projectiles while they are out of health, want to move tactically or really needs some help, maybe.

oh, also don't forget zdoom community has some average and novice players as well. they enjoys gameplay, not hardest difficulties.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Big things have ads.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

i'd request sgt. shivers to make an ad for 1337th page anniversary, if that happens.
Toberone

Post by Toberone »

Yo term I didn't know how else to contact you so I figured I'd "revive" this thread.

I have a bit of a concern with these new "player" drones. I have to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the idea but that's really neither here or there. Whats really a problem is they make the "wallhack" goggles useless, you can't discern player from drone when the map starts clearing out.

I mean imagine the Aquasa shenanigans, he'd be unstoppable (i.e. unfindable).
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Toberone wrote:Yo term I didn't know how else to contact you so I figured I'd "revive" this thread.
besides of bumping the thread, there's personal messaging. just click the user's name you want to send it.

and i guarantee it will works unless receiving users are still alive and active.
FuzzballFox

Post by FuzzballFox »

Not too sure where to post but here may be okay?
Love the new drone "spectating" you can do, but it's now a tad confusing who and how many people are actually left.
Any chance of some kind of small counter to display that? A bit like how Zambie Horde has a counter displaying how many humans or zambies are left, but just how many players.
Henix_Aurorus
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Henix_Aurorus »

FuzzballFox wrote:Not too sure where to post but here may be okay?
Love the new drone "spectating" you can do, but it's now a tad confusing who and how many people are actually left.
Any chance of some kind of small counter to display that? A bit like how Zambie Horde has a counter displaying how many humans or zambies are left, but just how many players.
Zandronum has a "x opponents left" counter at the bottom of the screen by default. Unless it's counting spectators in that... which is not a good idea.
Kaeoschassis

Post by Kaeoschassis »

It's not counting spectators, but drones AREN'T spectators, they're still technically "playing" and thus are counted. Not ideal, but I'm sure there's a solution somewhere.

As a counterpoint, I'm really enjoying the drones myself. Lots of fun, keeps the game interesting if you have a run of bad luck or are just not very good, yet they're not so powerful as to feel unfair when you're alive. (I don't even think a drone's killed me yet) I'm hoping they get to stay, no matter how they might need to be adjusted.

Also wow the server's been busy lately. Great to see.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Toberone wrote:Whats really a problem is they make the "wallhack" goggles useless, you can't discern player from drone when the map starts clearing out.
I mean imagine the Aquasa shenanigans, he'd be unstoppable (i.e. unfindable).
Yeah, that's a known glitch and I will be fixing it.
FuzzballFox wrote:Love the new drone "spectating" you can do, but it's now a tad confusing who and how many people are actually left.
Henix_Aurorus wrote:Zandronum has a "x opponents left" counter at the bottom of the screen by default. Unless it's counting spectators in that... which is not a good idea.
Yeah, it doesn't really count spectators, but the Drone players are still playing and so...well, are counted as X Opponents Left.

I don't want to have to create a separate number entirely for this one cvar (which will undoubtedly cause confusion with Zandronum's actual X Opponents Left), but I can't think of many other alternative avenues. I guess it can't be helped! I'm just gonna have to.
FuzzballFox

Post by FuzzballFox »

Image Image Image
:3 Added other firing now
TerminusEst13

Re: Push - Griefing Made Legal (G-G-G-GIGAWAD)

Post by TerminusEst13 »

So, remember that talk about 64+ maps? YUUUUUUP, looks like we've hit it! Push is now officially a gigawad!
I'm still having a hard time believing it. 70 maps? 70 maps! Seventy fucking maps! I remember back when I was excited with just the prospect of 32 maps, "oh man if this could reach megawad status that would be incredible". Well, just half a year later, and suddenly we're double that.
We have maps to cater to every single taste, now. We have large maps, we have small maps, we have vertical maps, we have horizontal maps, we have hazardous maps, we have simple maps, we have fun and chaotic maps, we have straightforward and skill-based maps, we have Hexen maps, we have Doom maps, we have food maps, we have gameshow maps, we have spoopy maps, we have retro vidya maps, and more.

Thank you. All of you. This is unbelievable. This really is a testament to the power of the Doom community, banding together from across the world for one simple mod and blossoming it into something that everyone can play.

Unfortunately, with that I think it's probably best to say I will not be accepting map submissions forever. Right now, I'm setting a tentative cutoff at PUSH99.
While that's not to say people can't continue making maps and/or map for different game modes (the guys in #doomtwid were experimenting with Domination, which I think might be interesting), the main pk3 is going to stop at 99 maps. I think that's going to be more than enough for most people, and while I would love to keep going...well, you know what they say about too much of a good thing. :D

In the meantime, though, we have a whopping 20 new maps to show off to people, and a monumental changelog!

CHANGELOG FROM 0.6 TO 0.7:
Spoiler:
And with that, let's talk about the maps.

Kurashiki would like to let you know that Ichikishimahime says to keep your water clean! According to a quick google, Ichikishimahime is an elder kami that watches over the seas in Japan, so...yeah, you should probably do what she says.

Tired after a long, hard day of dealing with nerds over the internet? Need to kick back at your computer and have a refreshing snack to get you going again? PresidentPeople offers you a reprieve of sugar and caffiene in this delicious map Coffee Break!

Pirates are awesome. Every mod should have a pirate in some form. UniversalQuantifier noticed the distinct lack of pirates in Push and decided to rectify this with the Ship of Fools!

Here we've got a map split in two! One side of the map has more safe spots on the floor, the other side of the map has more rocks to run back and forth on. An interesting gameplay divide by IdeIdoom, for the Samara Trench!

Love it or hate it, Dwango 5 map01 is irrevocably carved into the history of Doom multiplayer. Gardevoir comes with a tribute to it, Dwango 2015! Now if only we could get a tracker version of that incredible song...

Just in case you were feeling a bit too cozy in those wide-open maps with lots of area, Infirnex decides to throw everyone into a sauna. Closed-off walls, thin railways, and lava lava lava everywhere--it's time to burn, baby, burn!

Floating platforms bobbing up and down have always been any platformer's worst nightmare. Here they come in full force, with IdeIdoom peppering hovering and moving platforms across a vast expanse of...whatever that yellow shit is. It's Jazzy Nostalgia!

After all of the fancy textures, beautiful layouts, and fine detail that other maps have had, Sgt. Shivers' latest submission may look primitive. Ugly, even. But the Bullseye is no cakewalk--the floor gets more slippery the further in you go, and in the very center the hole yanks you in with increased gravity!

Marty Kirra makes his mapping debut and does so with style! The Heifong Virtual Arena is stylish and dangerous, a remnant of the undernet that every hacker wants to get into, but nobody wants to be seen in. Time to kick everyone else out and get the place to yourself!

Everyone knew this map was coming. Everyone did. The only question is who would be the one lucky enough to claim it--and our winner was Untitled! Everything you know and love from the dreaded Map24 has been recreated with painstaking care, and I'm sure everyone is very eager to walk the narrow walkways and tiny pillars once again. Hey, at least in Push-Mortem, you can recover off the ground if you fall!
(Wait, wouldn't this fit more in push24?)

Straight from Hexen, PresidentPeople brings some scenery straight from the game into Push's eager claws. Welcome to the Castle of Griefing, where you get Serpents trying to shoot at you, Afrits trying to knock you down, and that last goddamn clock gear hiding somewhere in Timbuktu.

Ohhhh hell yes. Not to reveal my bias too much, but I love this map to death. Gothic has hit paydirt with this one, and I can tell it's going to be a real hit among the players as well. In the Serpent Riders' Playhouse, you're going to be fighting not just each other but also the dreaded Chaos Sphere as well...

You know, I'm starting to think that PresidentPeople just really likes kicking back. First it was a resort hotel, then it was tasty donuts and coffee, and now it's an Island Resort! 'Fess up, mate, you just want everyone to let their guards down, huh?

Infirnex throws the players into the madhouse once again, this time with a windy canyon. Yeah, that number up top isn't for show. Every minute, the wind will change in strength in direction, throwing players wherever! Wild is the Wind, indeed.

So how exactly do you refine toxins? UniversalQuantifier is here to fine out, with a processor...refinery...engine...thing set in a wide field of green glop. Oh and there's two rotating instant-kill beams of energy that's stirring up the lovely fluids. It's an Acid Killer, and it's gonna cause a whole ton of trouble.

Gardevoir brings his own little slice of Hell with him in this. 1994 textures and little bits and pieces of traditional Doom layouts all slapped together into one massive arena, the 7th Hell. Yes, that name is just a terrible reference. I thought it was funny.

Mr. Gimmick was an interesting game on the NES that never got any major love. Thankfully, Deadon is here to remind us all about it, and while it's surprisingly light on any, Gimmick is still a solid arena with fast-paced fighting!

Guardsoul wants to know how your spirit is. Is it a weak spirit or a mighty spirit? This map's size will put it to the test, because it's a map made for grand showdowns and final battles. Who will have The Strongest Spirit?

I suspect Infirnex may be a bit of a fan of this mod. He's running strong with the most maps submitted, and The Longest Push is yet another strong entry. A take on Quake III's The Longest Yard, complete with jumping pads and little advertisement banners! No Quad Damage, though. Sorry.

Do you like game shows? Do you like craziness? Gardevoir and Guardsoul have teamed up to create Gardie's Crazy Game Show!, where you roll the dice, test your luck, and grab an item or two to help out in nuking others. Fly around, become invulnerable, stop time, or fire even faster!

Yholl has created a peaceful realm. It is peaceful, and filled with hexagons. It is a Peaceful Hexagon Realm. Won't you come and stay a while? What's the worst that could happen?

...oh, I also should probably announce a new feature as well.

You know how in Last Man Standing, after you die you get kicked to spectator and are forced to just kind of stand there, watching everyone derp around aimlessly?
Well, have we got a feature for you! A new cvar has been implemented, p_playerdrones--after a player loses, instead of getting kicked to spectator they instead use their last life to become a playable drone.
While they're still out of the game and have lost, they can still flit around and harrass the remaining players, firing lasers at them, drawing LEWD THINGS on the walls, or just floating around beeping in their face and being a general nuisance. Even losers can contribute to the game now!

(NOTE: Keep in mind this is an optional cvar that defaults to off. While it's great for party play or fun among mates, for serious and/or competitive play it doesn't work very well. Please use responsibly!)
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

These look fun to play with mods where you can just fly, like Guncaster or Russian Overkill... more so with Guncaster...
GuardStrike

Post by GuardStrike »

Super Smash Doomers for Zandronum.

Available now!
Big C

Post by Big C »

Oh man, that Shinto-looking map is BEAUTIFUL.

And I love the Doom II-throwback maps, too.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”