DOOM NEMESIS alpha demo released

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
WARCHILD_89
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

DOOM NEMESIS alpha demo released

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

FINAL RELEASE! DOOM NEMESIS ALPHA DEMO!

So after 8 years of running this project after restarting it from scratch I finally managed to make a stable alpha demo available:

What you gonna see, compared to classic doom:

- 1 hour hub map (4 maps interconnected) on a UAC space station to explore.
- 3d Skybox with panorama view on the other section of the stations, spaceships flying overhead, the moon, stars.....the demonic outbreak also affects the skybox
- custom monsters
- dynamic lights
- flashlight use
- custom nightvision item
- enhanced vanilla weapons (Led´s generic weapon mod)
- Bolognese mod is included (press B in game for Options)
- Tons of 3d models from my own created modelpacks including collision detection via invisible bridges.
- Shader effects
- reverbs
- custom sounds
- custom textures
- lots of ACS scripts in action for every map.
[...]

This 1.5 GB PK3 has GZDOOM 4.5.0 included. Make sure you provide your own doom2.wad.

Footage:

Make sure you have a relatively modern and powerful PC. DOOM2.wad is needed. Put it into GZDOOM 4.5.0 folder that comes with it.

Read the .txt file for info.

youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTE7gL ... EX0_nzT8pw

Download, unzip, run "DOOM_NEMESIS.bat" and have fun!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14HI6-t ... Scxv0/view

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Warchilds-Doom ... 2753083648
Attachments
164068210_1927214477419133_6751895379007280224_n.png
164068210_1927214477419133_6751895379007280224_n.png (9.9 KiB) Viewed 1839 times
Last edited by WARCHILD_89 on Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:02 am, edited 84 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: DOOM NEMESIS (in Progress)

Post by wildweasel »

Architecture looks quite pleasing, especially those glass desks.

(By the way, I took the liberty of reducing the size of some of your images.)
WARCHILD_89

Re: DOOM NEMESIS (UPDATED HARDWARE)

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Nice job here, expecially sounds stuff and underwater zones... Maybe there is so much light, don't you mind to add some fog/mist effects? For this sake, why don't you take a look to this thread of mine? I see you have used birds, smokey weapons and other effects, quite the same I did with my mod, so maybe we could have some ideas to share together... :-)
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Looks fun. Hopefully the map size + FX won't kill the framerate.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Slax wrote:Looks fun. Hopefully the map size + FX won't kill the framerate.
I think this will happen indeed.
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

framerate is definately being killed without a strong mid class pc like my new one the thing is that this framerate problem seems to be a programming problem of gzdoom it cant be that games like Crysis or planetside are both running awesome with full quality and full HD and doom is totally running down the framerate to 17 fps while using only about 20% of my performance capabilities...in my opinion it has to do with the Gzdoom port but who knows
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

Ozymandias81 wrote:
Nice job here, expecially sounds stuff and underwater zones... Maybe there is so much light, don't you mind to add some fog/mist effects? For this sake, why don't you take a look to this thread of mine? I see you have used birds, smokey weapons and other effects, quite the same I did with my mod, so maybe we could have some ideas to share together... :-)

Your mod looks impressive i like the variety of monsters you use ;-)
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

WARCHILD_89 wrote:
Ozymandias81 wrote:

Your mod looks impressive i like the variety of monsters you use ;-)
Thankx warchild, best wishes for your project! :rock:

[EDIT]: Why don't you mind to post a downloadable demo of Nemesis?
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

WARCHILD_89 wrote:framerate is definately being killed without a strong mid class pc like my new one the thing is that this framerate problem seems to be a programming problem of gzdoom it cant be that games like Crysis or planetside are both running awesome with full quality and full HD and doom is totally running down the framerate to 17 fps while using only about 20% of my performance capabilities...in my opinion it has to do with the Gzdoom port but who knows
For my experience it has something to do also with LAARGE number of actors. In fact my project Gore has the same problem on some machines but, in order to fast everything, one trick could be the LOS for effects like smoke, rain, snow, particles in general etc etc. Also if the mod is only for single player, just turn off your modem and you'll gain surely some performance. BTW I agree with you: GZDoom is not CryTek and its limits are already known, but who are us to complain about this? :-)
TehRealSalt
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TehRealSalt »

I think it looks neat, but some of the effects clash heavily with the rest of the Doom graphics. The one that jumped at me the most was this screenshot (http://i.imgur.com/jD3Y342l.png), which has an obviously hi-res texture next to normal Doom graphics, and the result doesn't blend well. There are other examples, but that was the most distracting one. I'd try and go with Doomish graphics or HiRes ones, not a mix of both. See how down-scaling the textures in Paint.NET works

This shot (http://i.imgur.com/IbaF090l.png) has an example of some less than great texturing. The walls are a light texture, which typically doesn't look great. The floor is a scaled wall texture, which makes the room feel giant to players who know the original scale of the texture like myself. I know your probably going for a realistic area look, but completely square rooms are very bland. Spice it up by making interesting shapes, like an L-shaped room.

I also don't think sector-based furniture doesn't look nice, but that's entirely my opinion. If you like it, you can keep it. :)

My absolute favorite shot (this one: http://i.imgur.com/3lIjzmel.png) has interesting architecture and good texturing. It's pleasing to the eyes and overall looks good; try to do more like this (without directly copying from it, of course :P), because this looks fantastic!

Good luck with your mod! :D
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

thanks guys, I know some areas need to be redesigned but everything you see is really just...let´s say early alpha? :D

The fan looks hires because it is downscaled. the real size is 64x64 pixels. My level design looks aweful sometimes, the thing is that i could not design them as I wanted because I was missing any Hardware newer than 2005 :cry: ... with my all new bought PC I finally have all capabilities I was missing before. :wub:

A demo of my game would be nice but I would have to pick every single resource I used and that´s aweful work at the moment. But soon..... :D
stagefatality

Post by stagefatality »

I noticed that in the last two shots, there appears to be numerous 'air supply' messages being printed. Perhaps it'd be a lot cleaner (and less distracting) if there was just a singular counter for this?

Never the less, this does look like an ambitious project and I wish you the best in its development!
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Super Flip wrote:I noticed that in the last two shots, there appears to be numerous 'air supply' messages being printed. Perhaps it'd be a lot cleaner (and less distracting) if there was just a singular counter for this?

Never the less, this does look like an ambitious project and I wish you the best in its development!
Oh yes, and there is another way to do it: add an air bar on the left/right/bottom of the screen using DECORATE & SBARINFO for the purpose. WARCHILD_89, if you ever need it I can PM to you everything.
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

WHAT HAPPENS BEFORE COMING TO THE CLIFFS(unfortunately YOUTUBE makes my HD video look aweful :/ ):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgNzylL ... e=youtu.be

EDIT:

Hopefully HD quality works here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hf5fn69hxmfoh ... L.avi?dl=0
Last edited by WARCHILD_89 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”