DOOM NEMESIS alpha demo released

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Doomer

Re: DOOM NEMESIS(need civilians standing or wandering)

Post by Doomer »

You could recycle the peasants from Strife for the civilians (just replace the textures and dummy out the speech option and activating the alarm). I hope that helps you. :wink:
WARCHILD_89
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

maybe but I don´t own Strife...I have to find the sprites somewhere else....
Doomer

Post by Doomer »

You could buy it on steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/317040/ . The non-veteran edition Strife is also abandonware.
Doomer

Post by Doomer »

I'll probably try making the sprites.
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

thanks, I managed to find some neat Marine Army done by alando... that will help too, but I still miss some civilians so your help is still welcome ;-)
WARCHILD_89

Re: DOOM NEMESIS(Alpha Demo on last post)

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

So here are some instructions for how this is meant to be played:

This MOD is tested with GZDOOM version 2.1 (its included so use it, you´ll need it if you do´t have it)

The files are numbered so if you drag a nd drop all pk3 files onto the gzdoom.exe, they should load in the right order without problems.

Ingame settings:

- AUTOAIM: OFF !!!
- Light mode: LEGACY
- midi music playback should be disabled
- Dynymic lights HAVE TO BE enabled !!! (with standard settings)

you will need inventory so set up the inventory controls (select/use inventory)
the game is intended to be played with custom HUD so play with built-in GZDOOM Hud (Hud options) and not with the original DOOM hud.

some Issues:

This mod is in early alpha state! Do NOT expect everything to work properly. Everything is just actual state of editing, so you don´t need to tell me about any bugs included.

Remember: I launched this project in the year 2013 and started without ANY modding skills. Even this demo represents only half of all my development in Modding up till now.You will see more soon!

Mapchange only possible via console command (changemap mapxx) there arent any real level exits yet.

MAP01: Spacestation

It is RPG based gameplay, go wherever you want and do whatever you want (when map is finished, there will be some quests.)

The door in the showers that says there is a cotery and you can´t get in, will be unlocked only after you have placed ALL sentry guns! At the moment the game misses a hint to that...

There will be too much monsters sometimes, it´s because a variable does not get the right value and so the monsters respawn over and over again, use IDFA cheat and IDDQD if too disgusting.
Some scripts may not work properly when being killed

Map02:

you are NOT supposed to be able to walk around at the beginning. I forgot to reenable that. Wait until the marine behind you dies or kill him after door with demons closes, to activate the other things in the map.

missing hint: after having killed all flesh wizards (the ghost-like creatures) there is one door that can be opened to the west.

Map03:

there´s no exit just exit the game instead.

here we go (sry I forgot to include the GZDOOM port, so download the SVN version 2.1, please):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7rxitq6le21g ... A.zip?dl=0
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

:surprise: This is beautiful! :D
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

@WARCHILD_89

HOLY S***! 414mb.... but I'll surely give it a try, anyway :-D
I'll also see if there's a way to make your project a lesser big, if you want. Like PNGOUTing all graphics (without compromise them) and convert tons of sounds into ogg/flac ones.
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

I know it´s big but there is surely a way to make the files smaller I just need to delete everything that´s not needed for my mod, but It would have to be finished to see what is really needed and what can be deleted...

I already took out some Textures I don´t want to use, that´s why there are some missing textures ingame.
I already took out any resources that would be needed for the other maps that aren´t included.

one of my main work I have to do is to use always the same resources, I just did not make it because with every map I got new skills and resources and it got messed up

I also should take a look at all images I used and make them indexed instead of normal rgb (too much unneeded data)

EDIT: Managed to reduce MOd size from 414MB to 368 MB up till now...

I will get rid of some bugs and add some things before I´ll upload something again...so stay tuned :D
WARCHILD_89

Re: DOOM NEMESIS (new videos on last page)

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

hereá video of me using 3d models for designing outdoor territory:

https://youtu.be/Kw14HsF4cKw

https://youtu.be/a6qdoeBzq8c

and again for those who did not see it yet some pics of using 3d models at my space statiuon:

http://imgur.com/a/KOM9A#0
WARCHILD_89

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

Ozymandias81 wrote:@WARCHILD_89

HOLY S***! 414mb.... but I'll surely give it a try, anyway :-D
I'll also see if there's a way to make your project a lesser big, if you want. Like PNGOUTing all graphics (without compromise them) and convert tons of sounds into ogg/flac ones.

I´m pretty sure there will be some things, that will fall out of the project and reduce size, but you´re welcome to do so. If you have some optical effects to implement fell free to show me. I saw a nice optical underwater effect earlier in a video of yours...
WARCHILD_89

Re: DOOM NEMESIS (need help in decorate/modeldef!!!)

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

NEED HELP:

I need someone to code a WW2 war tank for me.

- it does not move around, it is static
- it fires in one direction (turning it´s cannon around seems too complicated for me to make. I´m a noob in Blender...)
- It has a normal MD3-model for standing and firing a missile or whatever, and a model for destroyed state, including a TGA image file for each model
- it should be (de-)activateable via ACS

I have the resources, you have the coding skills. If interested, please PM me. :mrgreen:

once the first tank is done, I have something to look up and code the other tanks on my own. You will be credited !
WARCHILD_89

Re: DOOM NEMESIS (paused(too much work at work))

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

THESE GUYS did, what DOOM NEMESIS was intended to become in some ways, gotta buy this <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_YHgo_HN4
cortlong50

Re: DOOM NEMESIS (paused: 4 weeks holiday see ya !)

Post by cortlong50 »

sooooo. i wanna get my grimey hands on this.

is it still coming along?
WARCHILD_89

Re: DOOM NEMESIS (paused: 4 weeks holiday see ya !)

Post by WARCHILD_89 »

yes, I still work on it I just came back from holidays ;-)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”