Wolfenstein EC (formerly Wolfenstein 3DGE)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
VGA

Re: Wolf3D for 3DGE (Wolf3DGE) more bugs found & fixed

Post by VGA »

It doesn't have pushwalls, the secret walls/sectors rise to the ceiling so you can walk through. (And the doors aren't sliding, they open upwards.)

CeeJay now that I finished all the episodes I want to play around a little with converting it to Boom/Dehacked. I figured out the way to convert the maps with maptowad but I'd like to use your maps directly, since I went through them and "trust" them that they aren't broken. Is it OK? Also, a second question: Have you made any changes to the maps themselves or are they the same as output by the converter?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

VGA wrote:CeeJay now that I finished all the episodes I want to play around a little with converting it to Boom/Dehacked. I figured out the way to convert the maps with maptowad but I'd like to use your maps directly, since I went through them and "trust" them that they aren't broken. Is it OK? Also, a second question: Have you made any changes to the maps themselves or are they the same as output by the converter?
Be my guest. I have made multiple changes to the levels manually over the years (using DoomBuilder). These mostly involves texture, item and enemy swapping but I couldn't tell you the exact details of what I have done. They were converted by myself quite a few years back and I didn't keep any form of documentation of the changes. The most recent changes, however, involves the second encounter mapset, where I had to change a lot of the texture to better match the unique ones found in the port and the dogs were manually added (the converter won't do the dogs for some reason). And lastly, GreyGhost helped me to fix the majority of broken secret doors ("pushwalls"). We would both need a little credit if these levels were used.

If you're planning on making a Boom/DeHacked port of this mod, I am very much intrigued. Sign me up for playtesting at least.
VGA

Post by VGA »

I like the guns, sounds and textures in your mod very much but the enemies don't have rotations. I plan on using the WolfenDoom enemy resources for the main enemies and Untrustable's awesome bosses, do you know of any better quality Wolf3d enemy resources?

Anyway the limitations are many, so if I don't give up, it will certainly be a Doom Retro exclusive mod, because it has added a few thousand states heh. I will PM you if I have something that's worth it.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I think someone already thought about making an extra rotations to mac wolf3d sprites but it never happened nor completed.

If someone who wants to finish them for wolfers' sake, good luck!
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

VGA wrote:I like the guns, sounds and textures in your mod very much but the enemies don't have rotations. I plan on using the WolfenDoom enemy resources for the main enemies and Untrustable's awesome bosses, do you know of any better quality Wolf3d enemy resources?

Anyway the limitations are many, so if I don't give up, it will certainly be a Doom Retro exclusive mod, because it has added a few thousand states heh. I will PM you if I have something that's worth it.
I know the enemies lack rotations, would be lots of work to add those (due to the higher resolution). What do you mean by better quality Wolf3D enemies?
VGA

Post by VGA »

The sprites you used are great but without rotations. The ones in WolfenDoom have rotations but they are a little lowres, you know? I was hoping that you were aware of some better spritesets (with full rotations) for the basic enemies, the basic guards and the mutant especially.

Anyway, I've left the enemies for last and I'm making progress but it's a lot of work, I am using a custom wolf3d palette because it was the only way to keep the colors proper. And I have to rescale and convert every sprite.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

The original Wolf3D sprites were like that, lowres as you call it. I am not aware of any updated enemy sprites other than the rotation-less ones found in the ports of the game (on which the ones in these mod are based).
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

hmm i have forgotten about this wolf3d 3dge mod until last night great job ceejay as always lol
cambertian

Post by cambertian »

VGA wrote:It doesn't have pushwalls, the secret walls/sectors rise to the ceiling so you can walk through. (And the doors aren't sliding, they open upwards.)
The big question I'm having is, do they retain the inability to activate them if another "sliding block" is "in the way?"

Anyway, this mod is pretty darn cool. I love the extra little touches like
Spoiler:
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

No, they can all be open regardless. I find it to be a bit of a double-edged sword, in most cases this is a plus as it won't prohibit you from finding all the secrets and "punishing" you from accidentally pushing them in the wrong order. On the other hand, however, some levels would exploit this issue to force the player into making a choice of which way to go. One way could lead to, say, a Hans Grosse encounter, another to a room crammed full of treasure or even the secret exit. It adds slight re-playability but also immense frustration for the player.
Coraline

Post by Coraline »

3DGE supports native sliding doors, and pushwalls could be done with RTS, but I need to finish up the native pushwall code that is there already. . .
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Awesome, would love to get some info/instructions on that when its done.

A slightly updated version of the mod: http://www.mediafire.com/download/25pvg ... ge_fix.zip

Been meaning to upload this for a while, there have been gradual changes over times.
CeeJay

Re: Wolf3D for 3DGE (Wolf3DGE) update 2016

Post by CeeJay »

BUMP!

New HUD, doing away with the old-fashioned status bar.

Done lots of other crap too, like cleaning up the menus and adding native support for newer builds of 3DGE, head on over 'n' grab 2.1.0 (aka 2.10) Test 2 here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/edge2/ ... .0/Test-2/

Updated version of Wolfenstein 3DGE won't be released for a while yet.
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

Uh... are the barrels supposed to do this?
Attachments
shot02.png
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Nope. That's one of the issues that will be resolved in upcoming releases. :thumb:

Some of the PNGs have embedded offsets which causes conflicts with newer version of 3DGE. Mostly decorations.

EDIT; Well, not really a conflict but whatever. Me feel not like going into tech talkie.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”