Wolfenstein EC (formerly Wolfenstein 3DGE)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Coraline

Re: Wolf3D for 3DGE (Wolf3DGE) re-uploaded

Post by Coraline »

If there were issues running this mod with v1.4/v2.0.0, please update 3DGE (completely) to v2.0.1 (including your default doom_ddf folder) as a lot has changed.

Wolf3DGE is certified working and playable in v2.0.1! CeeJay: could I make a request that you update the built-in 3DGE from 1.36F to v2.0.1? Thanks!
CeeJay

Re: Wolf3D for 3DGE (Wolf3DGE) re-uploaded

Post by CeeJay »

No problem, I discovered a level breaking bug so I need to have it re-uploaded anyways.
CeeJay

Re: Wolf3D for 3DGE (Wolf3DGE) level-breaking bug fixed

Post by CeeJay »

Updated!

More texture updates, lots of new and improved stuff
A nasty level breaking bug has been fixed (bosses wouldn't trigger endlevel when crushed)
Chain gun was way too powerful
1-ups count as treasure (vanilla Wolf3D behavior)
More unique textures specifically for the Second Encounter mapset
Some changes to the status bar
Other less noticeable stuff

Requires 3DGE 2.0.1 (or later)
VGA

Post by VGA »

Nice! I got to set aside some time for this and get started on the next episode that I was on.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Just be sure to have the recent version of 3DGE, which is 2.0.1
CeeJay

Re: Wolf3D for 3DGE (Wolf3DGE) more bugs found & fixed

Post by CeeJay »

E3F10 wasn't playing the correct music track. Cause of which was a typo. Fixed along with some other less noticeable mistakes and errors.
VGA

Post by VGA »

I got into this again because of some thread on Doomworld, heh, sooo good...

How does sound work in this? The enemies many times open doors, is it because they heard me? Also ... maybe you should make the dogs not able to open doors? :D
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

VGA wrote:I got into this again because of some thread on Doomworld, heh, sooo good...

How does sound work in this? The enemies many times open doors, is it because they heard me? Also ... maybe you should make the dogs not able to open doors? :D
Delayed response, sorry.

Sound works pretty much the same way as it does in Doom, if you hear doors opening the enemies are probably alerted to you. It is not possible to prohibit specific enemies from opening doors I'm afraid.
VGA

Post by VGA »

Hello, I've been bigne-playing this the last 3-4 days, I am at SoD - Angel of Death - Floor 19. After I kill the boss, the sequence where BJ drops down is played and then ... I am dead on the floor? I watched a playthrough online and I think the map should end at that point, then the final intermission of the episode should play out etc, right?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

After you kill the Angel of Death you should be getting the animation of BJ falling to the ground with the spear clutched in his hands, this should in turn be followed by the endscreen(s). Are you experiencing something else?
VGA

Post by VGA »

CeeJay wrote:After you kill the Angel of Death you should be getting the animation of BJ falling to the ground with the spear clutched in his hands, this should in turn be followed by the endscreen(s). Are you experiencing something else?
Yes after the animation the game showed the first person camera of me being on the floor, dead. I tried it two times I thought I was doing something wrong, then I watched a video online.

I am using the latest 3DGE. I could send you the savegame if you think it will help.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Interesting... I think I may know what the problem is. I'll have a fixed version up soon (which will have some other changes too). Your previous savegames will be broken between versions, just a heads up.
VGA

Post by VGA »

Second Encounter Floor 6-4

At sector 112 there is a secret wall that doesn't work I think. I press Use and it just makes the noise and moves a tiny bit.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

VGA wrote:Second Encounter Floor 6-4

At sector 112 there is a secret wall that doesn't work I think. I press Use and it just makes the noise and moves a tiny bit.
There is still a few broken pushwalls throughout the game. This won't be fixed any time soon I'm afraid. All I can do is apologize for the inconvenience.

Glad you're enjoying the TC. Nice to know people still play it so long after its release.
Coraline

Post by Coraline »

How are you handling pushwalls? RTS/move_sector?

In the Wolf3D/ROTT branch, I have added proper pushwall code with collisions, so it might be worth me looking into for your mod. I am sure all that RTS might be a headache :-)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”