PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 03-June-2017)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Postby sdk2k9 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:11 pm

Xim wrote:Pretty much everything that's in the "graphics" folder.

Right, it's done. :)
sdk2k9

Postby Legend » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:21 pm

Haven't tried it yet, but do the decals work? I know it's possible. I made decals work in psx doom before, but it was so long ago, I can't quite recall what I adjusted. I know there was a thread post around here somewhere that explained the information I used to do it.

Is it compatible with droplets and and the sd compatibility patch?
Legend
I Am Hellbound

Postby Devianteist » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:26 pm

I recently ran into a problem with this add-on; for some reason, I cannot use the Super Shotgun anymore.

I don't use the SSG very much, but this seems like a very broken oddity. Seeing as no one else has voiced this complaint, I think I may have screwed something up. I have tried deleting and redownloadig this and the TC, but the problem persists.
Devianteist
Dev, resident lurking user.

Discord: #0561

Postby sdk2k9 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:20 pm

Devianteist wrote:I recently ran into a problem with this add-on; for some reason, I cannot use the Super Shotgun anymore.

I don't use the SSG very much, but this seems like a very broken oddity. Seeing as no one else has voiced this complaint, I think I may have screwed something up. I have tried deleting and redownloadig this and the TC, but the problem persists.

What you mean you can't use it anymore?
sdk2k9

Postby wildweasel » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Devianteist wrote:I recently ran into a problem with this add-on; for some reason, I cannot use the Super Shotgun anymore.

Does it do the same thing when you clear your INI file and start from a blank one?
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Devianteist » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:10 pm

wildweasel wrote:Does it do the same thing when you clear your INI file and start from a blank one?

I have, but I haven't tried running the mod in quite some time. I'll give it a try.
Devianteist

Postby Legend » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:55 pm

what exactlty are the differences here? Cause I've ran regular smooth doom with psx tc without issues so far. I tried this one, but nothing noticable other than the smooth options menu didn't pop up.
Legend
I Am Hellbound

Postby sdk2k9 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:02 pm

Legend wrote:what exactlty are the differences here? Cause I've ran regular smooth doom with psx tc without issues so far. I tried this one, but nothing noticable other than the smooth options menu didn't pop up.

Ok so if you played the PSX Doom TC with regular the smooth doom:

1) The statusbar is messed up.
2) The weapons are not in their correct PSX Doom weapon slots (If that makes sense)
3) The Archvile will appear but he was never in the original PSX Doom. (And other enemies were put in his palces on certain levels)
4) Nightmare Spectres don't have smooth animations
5) 2 types of switches will turn into wall textures when activated.

So yeah, that's what Smooth-PSX-Doom does. it fixes those problems.
sdk2k9

Postby Legend » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:54 am

sdk2k9 wrote:
Legend wrote:what exactlty are the differences here? Cause I've ran regular smooth doom with psx tc without issues so far. I tried this one, but nothing noticable other than the smooth options menu didn't pop up.

Ok so if you played the PSX Doom TC with regular the smooth doom:

1) The statusbar is messed up.
2) The weapons are not in their correct PSX Doom weapon slots (If that makes sense)
3) The Archvile will appear but he was never in the original PSX Doom. (And other enemies were put in his palces on certain levels)
4) Nightmare Spectres don't have smooth animations
5) 2 types of switches will turn into wall textures when activated.

So yeah, that's what Smooth-PSX-Doom does. it fixes those problems.

I probably haven't played enough to notice most of those issues. And was using an older version of the tv for a while till just the other day.

Will this work with the smooth doom compatible version of droplets?
Legend
I Am Hellbound

Postby Shadez12 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:51 pm

Would be nice if it was compatible with Threshold Of Pain as well.
Shadez12
Wow

Postby Devianteist » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:30 am

wildweasel wrote:-snipped out SSG problems tidbit- Does it do the same thing when you clear your INI file and start from a blank one?

Just redownloaded this and the PSX Doom TC, and yes. My issues with the SSG persist even with a blank INI file. This is highly dissappointing, as I sorely wish I could use the full SmoothPSX DOOM mod, rather than just the SmoothMonstersOnly.pk3 from the Smooth DOOM topic.
Devianteist

Postby sdk2k9 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:53 am

Devianteist wrote:
wildweasel wrote:-snipped out SSG problems tidbit- Does it do the same thing when you clear your INI file and start from a blank one?

Just redownloaded this and the PSX Doom TC, and yes. My issues with the SSG persist even with a blank INI file. This is highly dissappointing, as I sorely wish I could use the full SmoothPSX DOOM mod, rather than just the SmoothMonstersOnly.pk3 from the Smooth DOOM topic.

Oh. Well I downloaded it and I couldn't use the SSG either. Yeah sorry about that I cocked up when I was updating the mod. Anyway I fixed the problem and the link has been updated.
sdk2k9

Postby Devianteist » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:50 am

sdk2k9 wrote:
Devianteist wrote:

Oh. Well I downloaded it and I couldn't use the SSG either. Yeah sorry about that I cocked up when I was updating the mod. Anyway I fixed the problem and the link has been updated.

Devianteist

Postby yaheshua » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:36 am

Hi

I'd like to know if you can help me, please. I can´t get this mod to work. I put this on the PSXDOOM ini, in the Doom2 autoload section or in the CFG file, and every time I try to launch the game it stops, with this message "Script error, "SmoothPSXDoom.pk3:deco/monsters/demon.txt" line 55:Unknown render style 'Subtract'". If I drag and drop this to the BAT file, it doesn´t work. I'm using GZDoom 1.8.02, and everything else (TC, music, Smooth PSX) from the links you provided.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
yaheshua

Postby Devianteist » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:58 am

yaheshua wrote:Hi

I'd like to know if you can help me, please. I can´t get this mod to work. I put this on the PSXDOOM ini, in the Doom2 autoload section or in the CFG file, and every time I try to launch the game it stops, with this message "Script error, "SmoothPSXDoom.pk3:deco/monsters/demon.txt" line 55:Unknown render style 'Subtract'". If I drag and drop this to the BAT file, it doesn´t work. I'm using GZDoom 1.8.02, and everything else (TC, music, Smooth PSX) from the links you provided.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Try updating your GZDoom. 1.8.02 is horribly outdated. Grab one of the 2.x builds (if your PC is OpenGL 3.x compatible) or GZDoom 1.8.10.
Devianteist

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects