PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 03-June-2017)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
sdk2k9
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 03-June-2017)

Post by sdk2k9 »

READ THIS FIRST: Smooth-PSX-Doom is for the PSX Doom & Final Doom TC only.

ALSO THIS TOO: It's very important that you use the new version of GZDoom or you might run into a few problems if you don't

GZDoom v3.1.0 (64-Bit): viewforum.php?f=92
GZDoom v3.1.0 (32-Bit): viewforum.php?f=93

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I recently been editing Gifty's, Smooth Doom mod to make it compatable/playable with the PSX Doom & Final Doom TC. So far it's complete for now, but since Smooth Doom is not finished yet, and will get updated with new features. I will be updating Smooth-PSX-Doom everytime Smooth Doom get's updated. So keep an eye out for an update of Smooth-PSX-Doom in the future. Anyway enjoy the current version of Smooth-PSX-Doom.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(In case you want to know what Smooth-PSX-Doom does)

Ok so here are the problems that will occur if you played the PSX Doom TC with Gifty's Smooth Doom:

01) The statusbar is messed up.
02) Uses PC statusbar instead of PSX statusbar
03) The weapons are not in their correct PSX Doom weapon slots.
04) The Archvile will appear but he was never in PSX Doom.
05) Nightmare Spectres and Nightmare Imps don't have smooth animations
06) 2 types of switches will turn into wall textures when activated.
07) Lost Souls take two shotgun blast to kill, when it normally takes one
09) Health and armour pickups give 1% instead of 2%
10) Chaingunners firing sound is a shotgun instead of a pistol

So if you play the PSX Doom TC with Smooth-PSX-Doom. All those problems will be fixed.

(Updated: 03-June-2017) Smooth-PSX-Doom:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1eky2ypfx ... X-Doom.pk3
Last edited by sdk2k9 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:27 am, edited 40 times in total.
Endless123
Posts: 1560
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Re: Smooth-PSX-Doom

Post by Endless123 »

sdk2k9 wrote:So I recently been editing Gifty's, Smooth Doom mod to make it compatable/playable with the PSX Doom TC. So far it's complete for now, but since Smooth Doom is not finished yet, and will get updated with new features. I will be updating Smooth-PSX-Doom everytime Smooth Doom get's updated. So keep an eye out for an update of Smooth-PSX-Doom in the future. Anyway enjoy the current version of Smooth-PSX-Doom.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/60jdi ... SXDoom.pk3
Not bad but you forgot something about the HUD, It's not showing on any HUD levels (nothing on default, fullscreen and crosshair only HUD).

Something like the following codes could solve the problem

Code: Select all

base Doom;
height 0;  //<---------not needed for custom HUD
monospacefonts true, "0";  //<-------Optional but sometimes required
InterpolateHealth true;   //<------- Also optional but sometimes required
InterpolateArmor true;   //<-------Optional but sometimes required
resolution 1024, 768;   //Not needed most of the time but helps when lots of elements are present on a custom HUD
sdk2k9
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: Smooth-PSX-Doom

Post by sdk2k9 »

Endless123 wrote:
sdk2k9 wrote:So I recently been editing Gifty's, Smooth Doom mod to make it compatable/playable with the PSX Doom TC. So far it's complete for now, but since Smooth Doom is not finished yet, and will get updated with new features. I will be updating Smooth-PSX-Doom everytime Smooth Doom get's updated. So keep an eye out for an update of Smooth-PSX-Doom in the future. Anyway enjoy the current version of Smooth-PSX-Doom.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/60jdi ... SXDoom.pk3
Not bad but you forgot something about the HUD, It's not showing on any HUD levels (nothing on default, fullscreen and crosshair only HUD).

Something like the following codes could solve the problem

Code: Select all

base Doom;
height 0;  //<---------not needed for custom HUD
monospacefonts true, "0";  //<-------Optional but sometimes required
InterpolateHealth true;   //<------- Also optional but sometimes required
InterpolateArmor true;   //<-------Optional but sometimes required

Are you even playing it with the PSX Doom TC because Smooth-PSX-Doom should only be used with the PSX Doom TC.


resolution 1024, 768;   //Not needed most of the time but helps when lots of elements are present on a custom HUD
sdk2k9
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: Smooth-PSX-Doom

Post by sdk2k9 »

sdk2k9 wrote:
Endless123 wrote:
sdk2k9 wrote:So I recently been editing Gifty's, Smooth Doom mod to make it compatable/playable with the PSX Doom TC. So far it's complete for now, but since Smooth Doom is not finished yet, and will get updated with new features. I will be updating Smooth-PSX-Doom everytime Smooth Doom get's updated. So keep an eye out for an update of Smooth-PSX-Doom in the future. Anyway enjoy the current version of Smooth-PSX-Doom.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/60jdi ... SXDoom.pk3
Not bad but you forgot something about the HUD, It's not showing on any HUD levels (nothing on default, fullscreen and crosshair only HUD).

Something like the following codes could solve the problem

Code: Select all

base Doom;
height 0;  //<---------not needed for custom HUD
monospacefonts true, "0";  //<-------Optional but sometimes required
InterpolateHealth true;   //<------- Also optional but sometimes required
InterpolateArmor true;   //<-------Optional but sometimes required
resolution 1024, 768;   //Not needed most of the time but helps when lots of elements are present on a custom HUD
Are you even playing it with the PSX Doom TC because Smooth-PSX-Doom should only be used with the PSX Doom TC.
Endless123
Posts: 1560
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Re: Smooth-PSX-Doom

Post by Endless123 »

:lol:

Maybe you would like to mention that in the first post so ppl won't be confused and think this mod is a modification of Smooth Doom (like Sigfloyd's Brutal Doom SE is for SMIV's Brutal Doom).

If it's an add-on you should specify that in the first post and mention it should be used with PSX Doom TC mod

EDIT : Also a link to the PSX Doom TC mod would be appreciated.
sdk2k9
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: Smooth-PSX-Doom

Post by sdk2k9 »

Endless123 wrote::lol:

Maybe you would like to mention that in the first post so ppl won't be confused and think this mod is a modification of Smooth Doom (like Sigfloyd's Brutal Doom SE is for SMIV's Brutal Doom).

If it's an add-on you should specify that in the first post and mention it should be used with PSX Doom TC mod

EDIT : Also a link to the PSX Doom TC mod would be appreciated.
Right the first post has been edited and the title has been changed. Is that better?
Endless123
Posts: 1560
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Re: PSX Doom & Final Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom

Post by Endless123 »

A lot better, thanks for the quick change :)
sdk2k9
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: PSX Doom & Final Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom

Post by sdk2k9 »

Smooth PSX Doom has been updated. Link to the downaod is on first Post
User avatar
Xim
Posts: 2057
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: Somewhere with trees

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by Xim »



Thank you, this is how I wanted to play Smooth Doom but it didn't work. Now it does. :)
sdk2k9
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by sdk2k9 »

Xim wrote:

Thank you, this is how I wanted to play Smooth Doom but it didn't work. Now it does. :)
Cool. How is it so far?
User avatar
Xim
Posts: 2057
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: Somewhere with trees

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by Xim »

I like it a lot. I'm almost through episode one. My only issue so far is the nightmare spectres aren't smooth. I'm actually working on it myself, would you like me to share it with you after I'm done? I'm just updating the file itself right now but I can make it a "patch" if you'd like.
sdk2k9
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by sdk2k9 »

I already sorted out the smooth animation for the nightmare spectre but I forgot to put it in the update.
User avatar
Xim
Posts: 2057
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: Somewhere with trees

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by Xim »

Oh awesome! Could you update it please? :P

Another suggestion would be to remove the intermission graphics from the wad, as they are unused in PSX and it'll reduce the size. Nothing to important for me, but it might be for people with slower connections and smaller hard drives.
sdk2k9
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by sdk2k9 »

Xim wrote:Oh awesome! Could you update it please? :P

Another suggestion would be to remove the intermission graphics from the wad, as they are unused in PSX and it'll reduce the size. Nothing to important for me, but it might be for people with slower connections and smaller hard drives.
Which ones?
User avatar
Xim
Posts: 2057
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: Somewhere with trees

Re: PSX Doom TC Add-On: Smooth-PSX-Doom (Updated: 24-Oct-201

Post by Xim »

Pretty much everything that's in the "graphics" folder.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”