"ARCHIE" [Release 1]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: "ARCHIE" [Release 1]

Postby PFL » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:56 am

I feel like it's already thursday here. I will try this ARCHIE but I hope I need a shotgun more than a Bible
PFL

Postby pez » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:39 am

CWolf wrote:
Evil Mittens wrote:if you 100% ruin the forum nobody will be able to see your fud!

I've got only 98%... Why this mod too cruel to me?! :cry:

I've fixed this, you only have to go over 60% or so when it then lets you go to the next area. I should have expected everyone would want to have it say 100%.

There's 25 other levels or so after that one and I haven't seen any posts that had massive problems outside of using dev builds, so I'm hoping everyone got through the rest? Yes, no, maybe so?
pez

Postby EddieMann » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:51 pm

Hate to necro, but is this the... final release, or anything? I don't know how to go about the Dream Journal levels and it feels as if there might be more left to be done with this wad.
That, or maybe it being 'incomplete' is integral to its central theme.
EddieMann

Postby bimshwel » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:45 pm

I don't remember the dream journal level but I had to play all of them multiple times while testing this so if you showed me a screenshot it might trigger some recollection.

I do not expect any further releases; I haven't heard from Pez in five years! He was so sure he would win a "cacoward" that the entire concept of doom and anything 2d became dead to him, then he made a game in unity called Telemetry and was mad that Steam greenlight people weren't instantly in love with it and this and that and I don't know what he is doing now!
He was initially planning to help me with my doom stuff after Archie since all the programming confounds me while he seemed able to do anything with it.
bimshwel
only as old as I feel, and I feel like dirt

Discord: bimshwel #7516

Postby EddieMann » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:52 pm

bimshwel wrote:I don't remember the dream journal level but I had to play all of them multiple times while testing this so if you showed me a screenshot it might trigger some recollection.

I do not expect any further releases; I haven't heard from Pez in five years! He was so sure he would win a "cacoward" that the entire concept of doom and anything 2d became dead to him, then he made a game in unity called Telemetry and was mad that Steam greenlight people weren't instantly in love with it and this and that and I don't know what he is doing now!
He was initially planning to help me with my doom stuff after Archie since all the programming confounds me while he seemed able to do anything with it.

The first dream journal level with the 3 white rooms, I think. "a" appears top left, but I don't know what it means.
EddieMann

Postby bimshwel » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:36 pm

ah ha now that I have actually gotten the wad to run again I do see that there is a starting option for something called "dream journal." I do not recall having seen that before! looking at the level's scripts I determined that you have to walk off the edge 30 times to advance the level, then wait a few seconds. which is a ridiculous amount of times to expect anybody to try that, even for this wad, especially with the sluggish movement speed. I set turbo to 250 and it still took me a few minutes, but it did work.
bimshwel
only as old as I feel, and I feel like dirt

Discord: bimshwel #7516

Postby memeboi » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:07 am

I just created a subreddit for this https://www.reddit.com/r/ArchieWAD/
memeboi

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects