"ARCHIE" [Release 1]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: "ARCHIE" [WIP] [vid]

Postby mallo » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:15 am

blackfish wrote:Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

I say LSD.

Holy hell, I can't wait to try it out! It's all so bizzarre and strange... Amazing what can be done with GZDoom!
User avatar
mallo
GO TO NEXT SECTOR.
 
Joined: 22 May 2010
Location: Once upon a land in a far off time

Re: "ARCHIE" [WIP] [vid]

Postby CWolf » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:31 pm

DartPower wrote:consequences of the severe stage of schizophrenia of author, like a F20.0 - Paranoid schizophrenia, 100% author is fucking drug-addict stupidy fuckity freak and/or really schizophrene...

(I don't know what you're trying to do here, but it looks generally unfriendly, therefore, accept one warning for it. -ww)

Prosto ti ne ponimaesh' syt' podobnyh vesh'ei. Smiris'. \\\ Just you can't understand matter of deviant's insanity. Deal with it, citizen.

==============

Kinda cool, you know... well, now I find something very odd and really important to me. NICE!

So, when you'll release beta-version of that piece of extreme mystery? I'm blind idiot, doesn't seen your post about Alpha... =|
User avatar
CWolf
This unit operational no more. Sign off, and farewell till we meet again.
 
Joined: 07 Oct 2013
Location: Void Eternal

Re: "ARCHIE" [Release 1]

Postby pez » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:38 pm

bump for release 1. hopefully it doesn't explode too much.


NO DEVELOPMENT BUILDS FOR NOW! THANKS~
pez
 
Joined: 10 Aug 2014

Re: "ARCHIE" [Release 1]

Postby Ral22 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:26 pm

I have no words. Sitting with this wad for twenty minutes left me with no words. Maybe a few: deranged, abstract, cerebral, warped. It's definitely interesting, in a technical sense. I'll have to sit down and properly test it later, but there is no doubting the effort put into the effects and code.
User avatar
Ral22
stoneshipMapper
 
Joined: 05 Sep 2010
Location: Land of Dawn and Thunder

Re: "ARCHIE" [Release 1]

Postby pez » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:32 pm

Ral22 wrote:I have no words. Sitting with this wad for twenty minutes left me with no words. Maybe a few: deranged, abstract, cerebral, warped. It's definitely interesting, in a technical sense. I'll have to sit down and properly test it later, but there is no doubting the effort put into the effects and code.


I'm thrilled that someone new enjoyed it without it crashing and burning, for once!

It's those damn dev builds, I'm telling you.
pez
 
Joined: 10 Aug 2014

Re: "ARCHIE" [Release 1]

Postby Eric_ » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:21 am

Found this on the Ubuntu forums map. I'm using the GZDoom version packaged with the mod. Also, does the FUD launcher actually do anything besides spawn tons of Arch logos that slowly rise out of the floor?
User avatar
Eric_
we just don't know.
 
Joined: 02 Apr 2011

Re: "ARCHIE" [Release 1]

Postby bimshwel » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:00 pm

Only Archie knows for sure, and he likes it that way.
User avatar
bimshwel
only as old as I feel, and I feel like dirt
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: misplaced
Discord: bimshwel #7516

Re: "ARCHIE" [Release 1]

Postby pez » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:47 am

Eric_ wrote:Found this on the Ubuntu forums map. I'm using the GZDoom version packaged with the mod.

That one is intentional, it is a joke or statement on the character, which you probably know by now. It reminds me of "Memento", a film about memory loss, in which the film developers made several errors on purpose to fit in with the character forgetting things which lead him to make a bad decision.
pez
 
Joined: 10 Aug 2014

Re: "ARCHIE" [Release 1]

Postby kevansevans » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:39 am

pez wrote:
Eric_ wrote:Found this on the Ubuntu forums map. I'm using the GZDoom version packaged with the mod.

That one is intentional, it is a joke or statement on the character, which you probably know by now. It reminds me of "Memento", a film about memory loss, in which the film developers made several errors on purpose to fit in with the character forgetting things which lead him to make a bad decision.


Speaking of that map in particular, I attempted that map about three times and only managed 98 percent ruined. I'm not sure if you meant to leave some "users" invincible on purpose, but there were a few in the cafe area that just would not die.

Other than that I was floored by this mod, please make more.
User avatar
kevansevans
Disciple of The Great God Imp
Spotlight Team
 
Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Github ID: kevansevans
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: "ARCHIE" [Release 1]

Postby pez » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:58 pm

The RC car level / map7end2 / blue gloomy area had the player start in the wrong place from testing another area out. This has been changed in a new link. If you don't want to re-download, when that map starts use idclip to go all the way to the west most part of the map. You should see the RC car and a voodoo doll marine of yourself, that was where you were supposed to start. insert snarky comment about bugs here
pez
 
Joined: 10 Aug 2014

Re: "ARCHIE" [Release 1]

Postby bimshwel » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:40 pm

kevansevans wrote:
pez wrote:
Eric_ wrote:Found this on the Ubuntu forums map. I'm using the GZDoom version packaged with the mod.

That one is intentional, it is a joke or statement on the character, which you probably know by now. It reminds me of "Memento", a film about memory loss, in which the film developers made several errors on purpose to fit in with the character forgetting things which lead him to make a bad decision.


Speaking of that map in particular, I attempted that map about three times and only managed 98 percent ruined. I'm not sure if you meant to leave some "users" invincible on purpose, but there were a few in the cafe area that just would not die.

Other than that I was floored by this mod, please make more.

if you 100% ruin the forum nobody will be able to see your fud!
User avatar
bimshwel
only as old as I feel, and I feel like dirt
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: misplaced
Discord: bimshwel #7516

Re: "ARCHIE" [Release 1]

Postby pez » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:54 am

A lot of the comments so far are vague as to how far you got in the wad. I'm just curious if you got stuck somewhere or hit a game ending bug in a non-development build. I see a lot of wads on this board get two-page long critique hours after it's up. I'm not going to scream about interpretations and am highly ready for some of that critique, or anything outside of "I didn't play this but it sucks". thanks.
pez
 
Joined: 10 Aug 2014

Re: "ARCHIE" [Release 1]

Postby grouchbag » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:36 am

This is a compliment, :surprise: Need I say more?Very well done. :D
User avatar
grouchbag
 
Joined: 06 Dec 2012

Re: "ARCHIE" [Release 1]

Postby CWolf » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:12 am

Evil Mittens wrote:if you 100% ruin the forum nobody will be able to see your fud!


I've got only 98%... Why this mod too cruel to me?! :cry:
User avatar
CWolf
This unit operational no more. Sign off, and farewell till we meet again.
 
Joined: 07 Oct 2013
Location: Void Eternal

Re: "ARCHIE" [Release 1]

Postby bimshwel » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:45 pm

I suppose you still need 2% of the forum intact so you can get out without it collapsing on you. Anyway, if it is not clear from the in-game messages, you are supposed to go to the auditorium after you have reached a certain number less than 98, so if you manage to get it that high you are done and can leave!
User avatar
bimshwel
only as old as I feel, and I feel like dirt
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: misplaced
Discord: bimshwel #7516

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Linz, rautamiekka and 10 guests