"ARCHIE" [Release 1]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
mallo

Re: "ARCHIE" [WIP] [vid]

Post by mallo »

blackfish wrote:Cocaine's a hell of a drug.
I say LSD.

Holy hell, I can't wait to try it out! It's all so bizzarre and strange... Amazing what can be done with GZDoom!
CWolf

Re: "ARCHIE" [WIP] [vid]

Post by CWolf »

DartPower wrote:consequences of the severe stage of schizophrenia of author, like a F20.0 - Paranoid schizophrenia, 100% author is fucking drug-addict stupidy fuckity freak and/or really schizophrene...

(I don't know what you're trying to do here, but it looks generally unfriendly, therefore, accept one warning for it. -ww)
Prosto ti ne ponimaesh' syt' podobnyh vesh'ei. Smiris'. \\\ Just you can't understand matter of deviant's insanity. Deal with it, citizen.

==============

Kinda cool, you know... well, now I find something very odd and really important to me. NICE!

So, when you'll release beta-version of that piece of extreme mystery? I'm blind idiot, doesn't seen your post about Alpha... =|
pez

Re: "ARCHIE" [Release 1]

Post by pez »

bump for release 1. hopefully it doesn't explode too much.

NO DEVELOPMENT BUILDS FOR NOW! THANKS~
Ral22
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Ral22 »

I have no words. Sitting with this wad for twenty minutes left me with no words. Maybe a few: deranged, abstract, cerebral, warped. It's definitely interesting, in a technical sense. I'll have to sit down and properly test it later, but there is no doubting the effort put into the effects and code.
pez

Post by pez »

Ral22 wrote:I have no words. Sitting with this wad for twenty minutes left me with no words. Maybe a few: deranged, abstract, cerebral, warped. It's definitely interesting, in a technical sense. I'll have to sit down and properly test it later, but there is no doubting the effort put into the effects and code.
I'm thrilled that someone new enjoyed it without it crashing and burning, for once!

It's those damn dev builds, I'm telling you.
Eric_

Post by Eric_ »

Found this on the Ubuntu forums map. I'm using the GZDoom version packaged with the mod. Also, does the FUD launcher actually do anything besides spawn tons of Arch logos that slowly rise out of the floor?
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

Only Archie knows for sure, and he likes it that way.
pez

Post by pez »

Eric_ wrote:Found this on the Ubuntu forums map. I'm using the GZDoom version packaged with the mod.
That one is intentional, it is a joke or statement on the character, which you probably know by now. It reminds me of "Memento", a film about memory loss, in which the film developers made several errors on purpose to fit in with the character forgetting things which lead him to make a bad decision.
kevansevans
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by kevansevans »

pez wrote:
Eric_ wrote:Found this on the Ubuntu forums map. I'm using the GZDoom version packaged with the mod.
That one is intentional, it is a joke or statement on the character, which you probably know by now. It reminds me of "Memento", a film about memory loss, in which the film developers made several errors on purpose to fit in with the character forgetting things which lead him to make a bad decision.
Speaking of that map in particular, I attempted that map about three times and only managed 98 percent ruined. I'm not sure if you meant to leave some "users" invincible on purpose, but there were a few in the cafe area that just would not die.

Other than that I was floored by this mod, please make more.
pez

Post by pez »

The RC car level / map7end2 / blue gloomy area had the player start in the wrong place from testing another area out. This has been changed in a new link. If you don't want to re-download, when that map starts use idclip to go all the way to the west most part of the map. You should see the RC car and a voodoo doll marine of yourself, that was where you were supposed to start. insert snarky comment about bugs here
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

kevansevans wrote:
pez wrote:
Speaking of that map in particular, I attempted that map about three times and only managed 98 percent ruined. I'm not sure if you meant to leave some "users" invincible on purpose, but there were a few in the cafe area that just would not die.

Other than that I was floored by this mod, please make more.
if you 100% ruin the forum nobody will be able to see your fud!
pez

Post by pez »

A lot of the comments so far are vague as to how far you got in the wad. I'm just curious if you got stuck somewhere or hit a game ending bug in a non-development build. I see a lot of wads on this board get two-page long critique hours after it's up. I'm not going to scream about interpretations and am highly ready for some of that critique, or anything outside of "I didn't play this but it sucks". thanks.
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

This is a compliment, :surprise: Need I say more?Very well done. :D
CWolf

Post by CWolf »

Evil Mittens wrote: if you 100% ruin the forum nobody will be able to see your fud!
I've got only 98%... Why this mod too cruel to me?! :cry:
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

I suppose you still need 2% of the forum intact so you can get out without it collapsing on you. Anyway, if it is not clear from the in-game messages, you are supposed to go to the auditorium after you have reached a certain number less than 98, so if you manage to get it that high you are done and can leave!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”