Friday the 13th: Make a map-set based on the NES game.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Friday The 13th: Jason's Doom [New Difficulties & Graph

Postby Kontra Kommando » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:51 am

The Zombie Killer wrote:
Kontra Kommando wrote:
DrMoney wrote:Says it's currently awaiting authorisation, I'm loving the the first upload though! More areas would definitely be great, i'd love to see this expanded into a longer experience ala Pirate Doom.

You can stil download it, despite it still being unauthorized. I'm glad you enjoy the wad; I do plan on expanding on this in the future.

No we can't, only the author of the file can download it while it's being authorized.

As you can see:
There is no download button for me.

If you want to make it available right away, I suggest uploading the file temporarily to something like Dropbox, while you wait for ModDB to authorize the file.

Sorry, I assumed others could.

At any rate, the file is now authorized, and ready for download.
Kontra Kommando
Weyland-Yutani Commando

Postby Endless123 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Feedbacks ...

Good job once again my friend :) One question though ...

Spoiler:

It's a fun mod though. My advice for anyone that will try this one ... RUN AND DON'T STOP TO RUN!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE !!!

To those who are always complaining that Doom is too easy ... try this one and you'll have the challenge you always dreamed about :lol:
Endless123

Postby Jinal » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:02 pm

I wonder if Nightmare on Elm Street is next....
Jinal
Banned User

Postby Endless123 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:07 pm

Jinal wrote:I wonder if Nightmare on Elm Street is next....

Something is telling me you might not be too far from the truth :P
Endless123

Postby Kontra Kommando » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:59 pm

Endless123 wrote:Feedbacks ...

Good job once again my friend :) One question though ...

Spoiler:

It's a fun mod though. My advice for anyone that will try this one ... RUN AND DON'T STOP TO RUN!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE !!!

To those who are always complaining that Doom is too easy ... try this one and you'll have the challenge you always dreamed about :lol:

Thanks man, I'm glad you like it, and find it challenging! UV and Nightmare are very tough; I beat it once on Nightmare.

Jinal wrote:I wonder if Nightmare on Elm Street is next....

I'm strongly considering it, therefore I will most likely do it. But first I need to do Aliens, then Terminator, help with Castlevania, and return to this, and then consider Nightmare on Elm street. But first I think I want to do Jaws before that. Moreover, I would like to work on a Predator map-set in between all this.
Kontra Kommando
Weyland-Yutani Commando

Postby Endless123 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:06 pm

I was right :D(i'm always right, except when i'm wrong :lol:)

You have a sh**load of great ideas in your head, how can you do it without loosing your mind :lol: It's probably because you are young, your brain can stock more info than the one of am old man like me :P

Nevermind that, keep it up my friend but don't forget to rest (at least once every hundred years :P)
Endless123

Postby Kontra Kommando » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:10 pm

Endless123 wrote:I was right :D(i'm always right, except when i'm wrong :lol:)

You have a sh**load of great ideas in your head, how can you do it without loosing your mind :lol: It's probably because you are young, your brain can stock more info than the one of am old man like me :P

Nevermind that, keep it up my friend but don't forget to rest (at least once every hundred years :P)

Yea man, thanks! I will actually be producing this stuff even more since it will be part of my course work for my MFA. I work a university; they generally allow people to do their work during downtime. Therefore, I will probably be working on this stuff during actual work hours as well. Which I must say, the idea of that is pretty fucking crazy. :lol:
Kontra Kommando
Weyland-Yutani Commando

Postby Endless123 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:29 pm

You will be busy a lot as i can see. About working on your stuff during your work time ... that is indeed a crazy idea so ...

Spoiler:

;)
Endless123

Postby Kontra Kommando » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:40 pm

Endless123 wrote:You will be busy a lot as i can see. About working on your stuff during your work time ... that is indeed a crazy idea so ...

Spoiler:

;)

Actually the crazy part is they're gunna be cool with it. lol
Kontra Kommando
Weyland-Yutani Commando

Postby Endless123 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:46 pm

Ha i see ... productivity isn't what it's used to be :lol:
Endless123

Postby Ethril » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:58 am

It's not NES Friday the 13th without the uselessly-curving-over-enemies-heads rocks. ;)
Ethril
F1

Postby Kontra Kommando » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:41 am

lmao! I was actually considering it as part of the weapons arsenal for this game.
Kontra Kommando
Weyland-Yutani Commando

Postby DrMoney » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:47 pm

I am loving this. I did have a couple requests:

1. Could you add a mutator to put goofy NES colors Jason back in?

2. Would it be possible to make Jason teleport only when out of your line of sight? Something is just weird about seeing him teleport and kind of reduces the scaryness.

3. Could you replace the teleport sound with the Jason appearance sound from the NES game or the "ch-ch-ch ha-ha-ha" sample from the movies, if not both?

Thanks again for making this!
DrMoney

Postby Kontra Kommando » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:49 pm

DrMoney wrote:I am loving this. I did have a couple requests:

1. Could you add a mutator to put goofy NES colors Jason back in?

2. Would it be possible to make Jason teleport only when out of your line of sight? Something is just weird about seeing him teleport and kind of reduces the scaryness.

3. Could you replace the teleport sound with the Jason appearance sound from the NES game or the "ch-ch-ch ha-ha-ha" sample from the movies, if not both?

Thanks again for making this!

For Jason's coloring, I was forced to change it, because the original colors didn't translate well into Doom's pallette. But I was think to endeavor to find a similar blue that I could use instead of his current green color on the mask.

For teleportation, its is not something that the monster could do on his own. The way it works is that he crosses over strategically placed linedefs that I have layed out in the map.

Actually, I had originally used that sound bite for the teleporation, but it was barely noticeable because of how loud the music plays normally. If I can find a sample that is louder, or if my sound engineering buddy could make it louder, I will replace it back to that.

I'm happy that you like the mod! This was a lot of fun to make. I will certainly expand upon this in the future. Perhaps totally recreating this map:

Even though this is a homage to LJN's Friday the 13th, i'm undecided on if I should include the lesser enemies, like the zombies. I want to make Jason, and perhaps his mother as a sub-boss, to be the only antagonists. Maybe even have a hand full of 80s bad guys for one isolated part; like the ones from Friday the 13th Part 3

Kontra Kommando
Weyland-Yutani Commando

Postby DrMoney » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:41 pm

Ohh I see. Now that you mention it I thought the music seemed a little loud, I usually turn it down myself. Would removing the teleport animation be a possibility? It doesn't really fit the theme of mod and would make the appearance/disappearance seem more sudden.

Oh expanding the map to match the original would be kickass! I really like all the graphic nods to the original you've added.

I personally prefer the lone baddy style but I trust your abilities for applying that.
DrMoney

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects