Shadow Warrior Total Conversion 12 maps well done!!!!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Lex Safonov

Shadow Warrior Total Conversion 12 maps well done!!!!

Post by Lex Safonov »

Hello. Today I want to show all his creation, I'm working on for a long time.

Originally, I was planning to make a weapon mod, but later it all has grown into a total conversion.
Lo Wang - the protagonist of the game Shadow Warrior, struggling with different wickedness not only using kung fu, but not quite as Shaolin methods of micro Uzi, rocket launcher ...)

The mod uses a voxel model of the original game. All weapons\enemies\inventory well be done and now I'm working with maps.

Weapon List:
Spoiler:
Inventory:
Spoiler:

Last changes:
- Modification is now quietly connected as a resource in the doombuilder.
- Updated resource pack, more objects, scripts, maps.
- The modification itself was updated. Corrected the scale of objects \ monsters, the system of dismembering opponents / corpses has been redesigned - now it looks more colorful, but this is not the final version.
- Support for multiplayer (so far only cooperative)

NEWS! :
Collected 12 test maps. 2 episodes. A little later I'll post it again, the whole problem is in the alignment of the light ... I have a bit of a trouble with this, unfortunately, I just make it less.

Link to pack:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XkjLj ... _TwEOc7Buq

Startup Method:
(g) zdoom.exe -file ShadowWarriorBackup.pk3 -file ShadowWarriorMusic.pk3 -file SWMapPack.pk3

Split files, removed the old system.

The last build was without testers, I probably missed something, so I will be glad to your posts with errors.

Have nice game)
Last edited by Lex Safonov on Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 11 times in total.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Re: Shadow Warrior Total Conversion

Post by PlayerLin »

Those links do not work on my end.

Connection reset/server too busy.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

this really looks cool and i cant wait to play it... whenever the DL link is fixed.
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

Guys, I downloaded the file to another location, he's just now is not responding.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Lo Wang*

Nice stuff, will try it later. Always wanted to see a Doom mod where you can run around and cut people in half with a sword!
sycspysycspy

Post by sycspysycspy »

Good mod! Very good indeed
Vertigo

Post by Vertigo »

The download link is only available via the .exe downloader (i.e spyware/malware)? Can you rehost on a different file locker like www.mediafire.com ?
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

I'm added alternative link bro)
lolwut?

Post by lolwut? »

Vertigo wrote:The download link is only available via the .exe downloader (i.e spyware/malware)? Can you rehost on a different file locker like http://www.mediafire.com ?
You can just download the file by pressing the name of the file in
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

This is, by far, the most faithful Shadow Warrior TC I've seen to date. It may not be perfect yet, but nothing else I've seen ever came close to as faithful as this is. I'm very impressed!
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

Your weavering fluency in english made me think you were actually trying to "talk" like Master Lo Wang. That was quite brilliant! I'll wait for a video before looking into this mod, though.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

This is really good, its almost like I am playing Shadow Warrior without constantly worrying about crashes.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Okay so I gave this a spin in Doom 2 MAP01 and I have to say... WOW, the behaviour accuracy of the weapons in this mod is absolutely stunning. Not perfect of course, but I'd say... 85% perfect. And that's a hell of a lot because I know it's not an easy task at all to port the weapons from Build-engine games into ZDoom while still retaining the correct feel, the effects and especially the animation speed.

The explosion special effects seems to be exaggerated though, and the blood effects aren't true to the original, but I'm sure these will be improved over time.

I look forward to seeing proper levels made with this mod!
Xim

Post by Xim »

I've never played Shadow Warrior before but considering how many resources get used for Doom mods, I've always wanted to see the weapons and enemies in action
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

Great work! When I heard TC in mod title I always think about cheap reskin mod, but this one is just amazing! Some thing still lacking, but still, you successfully replicated the original game experience! 9/10
ps : How about Blood?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”