Shadow Warrior Total Conversion 12 maps well done!!!!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Van Daemon

Re: Shadow Warrior Total Conversion - first episode release!

Post by Van Daemon »

This is so awesome I love Shadow Warrior and this may be inspiring to me since I am creating a Japan Doom wad myself and I love what I am doing so far. I will definitely try this out <3
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Graf Zahl wrote:
Lex Safonov wrote: The remaining 18 maps are ready, but require debugging. They do not have block sounds for monsters and there is no sector light. Also cards are not passed by beta testers for bugs. In the rest - the maps are completely ready. They have logic, objects, monsters, textures.
Soon I'll release them, just give me a little time. All the work I do is actually one ...

Great to hear.

With all those Build games it is really frustrating sometimes. I'd really like to play them again but the mouse control of EDuke32 and related ports sucks so badly that I normally quit after a few minutes.

I wish we could get it organized to do complete GZDoom ports for all of them, but that's probably some wishful thinking... :(
I think the effort would be worth it if shell "games" were created using Build engine game assets (Duke, Blood, SW, etc for GZDoom) so that folks can make maps with said content easily as a resource. That Chasm mod is pretty close to being one, for example. What I've seen so far of this mod works so far as well.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Agreed, but obviously due to legal issues I'd not create such packages with all data included but add some converter that extracts them from the GRP files and organizes them properly. That way people have to own the original game to play such mods.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Uh, actually, EDuke32 doesn't have Shadow Warrior supports at all, but it was planed...named "VoidSW"(SW port powered by EDuke32 engine)...but due to lack of time and Ion Maiden so it still not happens, just yet...so I guess Graf was meaning JFSW(EDuke32 did based on JFDuke3D(JonoF's Duke3D port), and JFSW based on JFDuke3d. But EDuke32 already went shitload of changes from JF ports, includes mouse supports) or PROASM's SWP port, or the Redux port(but it still based on JFSW).
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

PlayerLin wrote:Uh, actually, EDuke32 doesn't have Shadow Warrior supports at all, but it was planed...named "VoidSW"(SW port powered by EDuke32 engine)...but due to lack of time and Ion Maiden so it still not happens, just yet...so I guess Graf was meaning JFSW(EDuke32 did based on JFDuke3D(JonoF's Duke3D port), and JFSW based on JFDuke3d. But EDuke32 already went shitload of changes from JF ports, includes mouse supports) or PROASM's SWP port, or the Redux port(but it still based on JFSW).
I think what Graf meant is that he doesn't like the mouse controls in any of that family of BUILD engine ports. I can't really say I've noticed anything especially egregious about them (even with the player direction inaccuracies that have been patched in Ion Maiden - dunno if that's filtered down to eDuke32 yet), but at least it's not as offensive as Aleph One's mouse controls. Yeesh!
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

Kinsie wrote:I think what Graf meant is that he doesn't like the mouse controls in any of that family of BUILD engine ports. I can't really say I've noticed anything especially egregious about them (even with the player direction inaccuracies that have been patched in Ion Maiden - dunno if that's filtered down to eDuke32 yet), but at least it's not as offensive as Aleph One's mouse controls. Yeesh!
IM engine just the same as EDuke32 engine, commented out all Duke3D related code and with some IM-exclusive things, but engine changes will be carry to EDuke32 too, so basically, they're the same thing.

About other JF-based ports/SWP port, I did only feel Jonof's port's mouse control is very different, the Redux port also suffers too. SWP just better but not as good as EDuke32 I think, but I never had any problems with mouse control with EDuke32 but I don't know about others, that's just my own feel. :3:
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Speaking of mouse controls, I had to set mouselook speed to 0.5 in GZDoom while leaving turning speed at 1.0 and the X-axis sensitivity in EDuke32 to 0.75 while leaving the Y-Axis at 1.00 so they both feel identical, had to do this for some newer games too. Why is that? Does it have to do with the view projection?

For reference, if I have both mouselook and turning in GZDoom set to 1.0 and move in circles with the mouse it gets translated to oval-shapes, am playing without mouse movement prescaling if that's important.
Korell

Post by Korell »

DabbingSquidward wrote:Speaking of mouse controls, I had to set mouselook speed to 0.5 in GZDoom while leaving turning speed at 1.0 and the X-axis sensitivity in EDuke32 to 0.75 while leaving the Y-Axis at 1.00 so they both feel identical, had to do this for some newer games too. Why is that? Does it have to do with the view projection?

For reference, if I have both mouselook and turning in GZDoom set to 1.0 and move in circles with the mouse it gets translated to oval-shapes, am playing without mouse movement prescaling if that's important.
I think it's a GZDoom thing. My settings are as follows:
Overall Sensitivity: 1.0
Prescale Mouse Movement: No
Smooth Mouse Movement: No
Turning Speed: 2.0
Mouselook Speed: 1.0

So when not using smooth mouse or prescaled mouse movement then the turning speed needs to be twice the value of the mouselook speed in order for both axes to have the same sensitivity/speed.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Anyway to get the HUD to be widescreen-friendly?
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

Gideon020 wrote:Anyway to get the HUD to be widescreen-friendly?
Oops, I completely forgot to fix it .... I'm not playing in widescreen, so the need for this was not very strong. Apparently, it is necessary to adapt to the new standards.
irukanjji

Post by irukanjji »

There is a Unofficial Shadow Warrior Port running on Eduke32 its called Shadow Warrior ICED Port

More info: https://crozzbreed23.wixsite.com/icedsw/sw-iced-port
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Lex Safonov wrote:
Gideon020 wrote:Anyway to get the HUD to be widescreen-friendly?
Oops, I completely forgot to fix it .... I'm not playing in widescreen, so the need for this was not very strong. Apparently, it is necessary to adapt to the new standards.
*shrug* No big, just never liked seeing the stonework.

Also, does the music pack only work with the provided maps?
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

irukanjji wrote:There is a Unofficial Shadow Warrior Port running on Eduke32 its called Shadow Warrior ICED Port

The download links have expired and I don't know how to build from source at GitHub :(
PlayerLin

Post by PlayerLin »

DabbingSquidward wrote:
irukanjji wrote:There is a Unofficial Shadow Warrior Port running on Eduke32 its called Shadow Warrior ICED Port

The download links have expired and I don't know how to build from source at GitHub :(
Yeah, he didn't update his shit port for a year so I won't surprised those binary links went dead because he never did updates, like most of his other Duke/Blood/other game of projects.
Spoiler: offtopic shit

Uh, not sure it's good idea to hijack the TC thread with other thing, sorry about that.
Rayman The Hedgehog

Post by Rayman The Hedgehog »

Hi i fixed the problem with the fullscreen hud & widescreen.

Also, i fixed the typo in the uzi pickup message.

Link:
https://mega.nz/#!NhZD2SRR!d3XEbq6DN9Wa ... _02qa3Ixzk

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”