Shadow Warrior Total Conversion 12 maps well done!!!!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Lex Safonov

Re: Shadow Warrior Total Conversion

Post by Lex Safonov »

Captain J wrote: Like why PC cars doesn't work properly and some places were been changed differently.
Cars not work? Check game controls. For change angle use turnleft/turnright controls.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Ooooh, those controls. Too bad i'm not using that control often, a lot.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Looks like the mod is not fully compatible with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, as the HUD is not widescreen and weapons like the Katana and the Shotgun get cut off on the right side.

Also, the minimal HUD does not display armour. I suggest you use a less blurry font for it too; maybe you could take the HD one from the Remastered version?

Finally, why no dual Uzis? :?

That aside, like any port of a Build game to the idTech engine, it handles much better than the original game. Nice work so far!
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Also, no dual Uzis?
Mod have dual uzis. Just press alt-fire, if you take second uzi on map.
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Looks like the mod is not fully compatible with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, as the HUD is not widescreen and weapons like the Katana and the Shotgun get cut off on the right side.
What? i'm change sprites in mod for widescreen(Katana, Riotgun and other).
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Oops, my bad about the dual Uzis. It has been a while since I have played the original game.

As for my sprite issues:
Cut sword.jpg
Cut shotgun.jpg
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

You trolled me)
I'm create screen for you:
Are you sure you replace all the files?
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I am not trolling you. :?

I downloaded the file from the second link in the original post to a brand new folder.

If there is a newer version, then I suggest you edit the original post with updated download links in order to avoid further confusion.
NantoCodd

Post by NantoCodd »

Lex Safonov wrote:Dear friends! It took a very long time since the last post in this thread. I recently posted the first screenshots of the map. Now I suggest you try it!
Link to pack:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jizyh2lo2 ... Backup.rar
start line:
gzdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file BULLET.wad -file SWMapPack.pk3 -file ShadowWarriorBackup.pk3 -file ShadowWarriorMusic.pk3
Works while only port Gzdoom. Later I do to fix Zandronom port. I draw your attention that the cars made md3 models. Later, as the deal with voxel models, they will also be included in the overall archive.
That's the latest version link. Lex, I think you should update the first comment on this thread so it use this link instead.
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

Oh, ok, my bad. Give me some time....
Ok guys! I'm update first post.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Thanks for the updated link!

However, I cannot seem able to play Doom II levels anymore; instead, it automatically loads the custom level you have made. While I intend to try it eventually, I would like to know how to play Doom II, Evilution or Plutonia with your mod.
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

just not load the files BULLET.wad and SWMapPack.pk3
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Well then, minor issues aside (the non-widescreen HUD and the minimal HUD not displaying armour count), I can safely say you have successfully recreated Shadow Warrior in Doom. :D

Хорошая работа!

EDIT #1: I noticed you mispelled the Uzi as "Usi" in the pickup messages.

EDIT #2: Monsters replacing Lost Souls seem to be wandering off on their own. For example, in Doom II's MAP05: The Waste Tunnels, I was attacked by Wasps as soon as I entered the dark tunnel to the left of the starting point.
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Well then, minor issues aside (the non-widescreen HUD and the minimal HUD not displaying armour count), I can safely say you have successfully recreated Shadow Warrior in Doom.
Хорошая работа!
Oh, thanks man :D
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:EDIT #1: I noticed you mispelled the Uzi as "Usi" in the pickup messages.
EDIT #2: Monsters replacing Lost Souls seem to be wandering off on their own. For example, in Doom II's MAP05: The Waste Tunnels, I was attacked by Wasps as soon as I entered the dark tunnel to the left of the starting point.
well, I will see that this can be done)
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Do you consider releasing a version without the SW monsters? I think it would be fun to use Lo Wang's arsenal against Doom's default bestiary.
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Do you consider releasing a version without the SW monsters? I think it would be fun to use Lo Wang's arsenal against Doom's default bestiary.
Probably later, a separate version. So far, all efforts aimed at the transfer maps.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”