[WIP] Zelda FPS (Alpha9) (Death Mountain Crater in ALTTP?)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AkumaKing

Re: [WIP] Zelda FPS (Alpha8) (Soon to be epic)

Post by AkumaKing »

So, dead thread, dead project. Etc, etc. Or, is it dead? Nope, just the thread is. This project has been sleeping for a while, but you can expect new versions coming eventually. The reason nothing happened for so long is my PC got fried and everyone got lazy before even that happened. Just wanted to let everyone know this is still alive and kicking. Feel free to tell me what needs balancing in the current version.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [WIP] Zelda FPS (Alpha8) (Revival)

Post by DoomRater »

I need to take a closer look at the files so I can see how the sword works. what I can say is the hookshot isn't too great at getting people out of vertical messes like falling into the water on the first map between the two bridges (of which there is no way to get out of it yet) and I'm not entirely sure how to select bombs, or if that has to be picked up separately. Either way, input on balance is just about nonexistant until I can actually use these against real foes or players.
AkumaKing

Post by AkumaKing »

DoomRater wrote:I need to take a closer look at the files so I can see how the sword works. what I can say is the hookshot isn't too great at getting people out of vertical messes like falling into the water on the first map between the two bridges (of which there is no way to get out of it yet) and I'm not entirely sure how to select bombs, or if that has to be picked up separately. Either way, input on balance is just about nonexistant until I can actually use these against real foes or players.
There's 2 deathmatch maps in the wad (ZDM01 and ZDM02). Also, you need a "bomb bag" (can't remember if I actually went and got a bag sprite or if I'm still using the same bomb sprite) to use the bombs. Do you think I should make it different so that each bomb is actually the weapon and if you already have it you just get more ammo? Because, I could do that.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Either way the bomb is approached, it should be much more clear on the HUD what weapon is selected.

The bomb being ready to throw once you pick up items is how it worked in the original Legend of Zelda, so why not?
notjustinbailey

Post by notjustinbailey »

Oh this is cool to see. I was working on creating some Zelda weapons, and just finished the bow!

Is this still being worked on? I'd like to try and contribute. Took me hours trying to get the sprites to look decent, and still a frame looks choppy on 16:9, but I think it's okay.
Attachments
FairyBow.pk3
(76.83 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
AkumaKing

Post by AkumaKing »

notjustinbailey wrote:Oh this is cool to see. I was working on creating some Zelda weapons, and just finished the bow!

Is this still being worked on? I'd like to try and contribute. Took me hours trying to get the sprites to look decent, and still a frame looks choppy on 16:9, but I think it's okay.
Yes, it's still being worked on. Nice weapon, by the way. You can contribute if you want, just make sure to check the file so you don't make something that already exists. (it can be from any Zelda game, too, not just ALTTP even though ALTTP is the main focus). Speaking of which, I hope my Decorate isn't too much of a mess to read. Here's the file if you want to see.

I already have most of the weapons coded, just need sprites. And someone is helping me with that currently which is why I had the confidence to revive this in the first place.
AkumaKing

Re: [WIP] Zelda FPS (Alpha9) (Death Mountain Crater in ALTTP

Post by AkumaKing »

Just letting you guys in on a change I've been setting up.

See if you can spot what's new on the hud. It's a weapon icon! So, yeah, this is my first time using the Textures lump to resize sprites for hud usage. Not a bad job if I do say so myself.
Also, new deathmatch map! Go and dunk your friends in lava, why not!

Anyways, this seems as good a time as any to update the link. Also, now it just leads straight to the folder I keep my files in instead of directly to the file.
xX-SEAN-Xx

Post by xX-SEAN-Xx »

Made a few changes to the overworld map. Mostly just added detail.

- Sloped the roof on Link's house.
- Lowered the water in front of the castle.
- Remade the castle bridge and the one across from it with 3d floors.
- Added the tent area under the second bridge.
- Did a bit of detailing to the castle.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sxb2c ... S-Edit.wad

What do you think?
AkumaKing

Post by AkumaKing »

xX-SEAN-Xx wrote:Made a few changes to the overworld map. Mostly just added detail.

- Sloped the roof on Link's house.
- Lowered the water in front of the castle.
- Remade the castle bridge and the one across from it with 3d floors.
- Added the tent area under the second bridge.
- Did a bit of detailing to the castle.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sxb2c ... S-Edit.wad

What do you think?
That looks much better than before. Too bad I haven't touched the overworld map myself in forever, the my wad's co-op aspect is super neglected since in the team right now. mostly because recreating the overworld and dungeons intimidates me so much
Carprillo

Post by Carprillo »

Okay, how am I supposed to run this in Zandronum? I've tried dragging the Alpha9 file onto the Zandronum icon to launch it that way. I've renamed it doom2.wad and tried setting that as my directory. But every time I do, it gives me an error regarding Link's sprite size. Namely:

Sprite PLAYG7G3 of skin Base is too tall (86px, max is -19072px). Downsizing.

Execution could not continue.

The base skin sprite of player class Link exceeds the limits!
XristoferLee

Post by XristoferLee »

Hey can I please get a new upload for this?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

The Creator of this mod got deactivated for long ago. Request the link here instead of bumping the thread!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”