Wolfenstein 3D TC (Version 3.0)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Wolfenstein 3D TC (Version 3.0)

Postby D2 Mod Player » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:01 am

Yes, the clip sprite not prioritizing on the guards is interesting. I consider the guards blocking the door a new aspect of gameplay from Doom. I never noticed any issues with sound.

Also keep in mind the graphics I'm running is in the 2016 consolidated TC, not some new version he's creating that I've never even seen a download for.

Except a few places I consider the TC a great duplication of the original as far as guard response, an episode 6 level is the worst offender.

EDIT: Now I see the download link is on page one of this thread, confusing as it was not on the website. I'd need confirmation this project is completed and the bugs worked out to use it. And does it have lost levels too?
D2 Mod Player

Postby Gamerwarrior117 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:49 pm

D2 Mod Player wrote:Yes, the clip sprite not prioritizing on the guards is interesting. I consider the guards blocking the door a new aspect of gameplay from Doom. I never noticed any issues with sound.

Also keep in mind the graphics I'm running is in the 2016 consolidated TC, not some new version he's creating that I've never even seen a download for.

Except a few places I consider the TC a great duplication of the original as far as guard response, an episode 6 level is the worst offender.

EDIT: Now I see the download link is on page one of this thread, confusing as it was not on the website. I'd need confirmation this project is completed and the bugs worked out to use it. And does it have lost levels too?

really? cause the dead guards blocking the doors been a feature since the original wolf 3d. unless that was added in later after realease?

sounds like it could be my end. they did released a new gzdoom version. 4.6.1.

sounds like it still needs some work on the responses.

no sadly, at least far as i know. it does not include the lost levels. didn't know lost levels was part of wolf 3d cannon.
Gamerwarrior117

Postby D2 Mod Player » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:59 am

I may have misunderstood about guards blocking the door. They do, with a partly closed door that can still be entered. It was hard to remember the original game, it's been awhile. :D

My version of GzDoom is almost 2 years old, I was merely concentrating on the graphical aspect. I'll update it when I'm finished with the project. I will probably finish it today or tomorrow. :)

Thanks for the update on the new version, as I'd never loaded it up. I am confident with the older version that had been updated through the years, remembering I first started working on this concept over 10 years ago when I found this TC.

My original concept was to do Lost Levels, which no, is not part of the canon. You could say it's kind of like an official unoffical expansion with alternate graphics. It's happened with Doom and other games. It actually has similarities in the graphics to console versions with things like mice and such. :D
D2 Mod Player

Postby Gamerwarrior117 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:11 pm

D2 Mod Player wrote:I may have misunderstood about guards blocking the door. They do, with a partly closed door that can still be entered. It was hard to remember the original game, it's been awhile. :D

My version of GzDoom is almost 2 years old, I was merely concentrating on the graphical aspect. I'll update it when I'm finished with the project. I will probably finish it today or tomorrow. :)

Thanks for the update on the new version, as I'd never loaded it up. I am confident with the older version that had been updated through the years, remembering I first started working on this concept over 10 years ago when I found this TC.

My original concept was to do Lost Levels, which no, is not part of the canon. You could say it's kind of like an official unoffical expansion with alternate graphics. It's happened with Doom and other games. It actually has similarities in the graphics to console versions with things like mice and such. :D

yeah the original game is very difficult to remember. its old after all.

i look forward to see it finish.

looks good so far. minus a few issues. other than that keep up the great work.

no worries. i keep myself busy playing old games and skyrim, lol.

makes sense. sigil is one. sigil 2 is coming for doom 2.
Gamerwarrior117

Postby D2 Mod Player » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:30 pm

Just to make you aware I released a 2.0 version. After updating GzDoom it failed to work as most enemies no longer precached. So I made a light version that MOSTLY works if you have a SATA SSD. It's not perfect but is a BIG improvement! Some visual fidelity is lost. It affects the guard, the blue guy, the dog, and the officer only. I haven't yet decided if I'll do a 2.1 version as the new version of GzDoom may have resolved my issues with only doing 512x512 with the mutant and bosses. But overall I'm happy that it now works well.
D2 Mod Player

Postby Gamerwarrior117 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:43 pm

D2 Mod Player wrote:Just to make you aware I released a 2.0 version. After updating GzDoom it failed to work as most enemies no longer precached. So I made a light version that MOSTLY works if you have a SATA SSD. It's not perfect but is a BIG improvement! Some visual fidelity is lost. It affects the guard, the blue guy, the dog, and the officer only. I haven't yet decided if I'll do a 2.1 version as the new version of GzDoom may have resolved my issues with only doing 512x512 with the mutant and bosses. But overall I'm happy that it now works well.

i saw that.

sorry for the late reply.

got my computers finally repaired and fixed.

its the same way i installed it before right? the same pattern?
Gamerwarrior117

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects