Wolfenstein 3D TC (Version 3.0)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Wolfenstein 3D TC (Version 3.0)

Postby Gamerwarrior117 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:36 pm

aatroxed wrote:All right, thanks a lot. I appreciate you helping a fella out.

yoru welcome. sorry for the late reply. been busy.

let me know an just message me if you need mroe any mor ehelp.

its good port once you get it working in a way you want. ethier the bat files or ipk3 files or pk3 way.

But, im glad i can help you:) i think afadoome ris busy as of now.
Gamerwarrior117

Postby Beyond_Reality » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:20 pm

I don't understand why I have this problem. Never had this before. Those 4 messages don't disappear and make it impossible to see any kind of text that would normally appear. I have no idea what "brdr_b" is. This was "brdr_tl" & "brdr_tr" until I increased the screen size. Then it became this.

These "brdr_b" messages don't appear when playing SoD via the "Consolidated TC".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beyond_Reality

Postby Gez » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:02 pm

The "brdr_*" graphics are used for the borders of the view window (including the top of the status bar). You may be able to get rid of the messages by switching to full-screen mode. Alternatively, copy the brdr_ lumps from the consolidated TC to the non-consolidated version that gives you this problem.
Gez

Postby Beyond_Reality » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:44 am

Gez wrote:The "brdr_*" graphics are used for the borders of the view window (including the top of the status bar). You may be able to get rid of the messages by switching to full-screen mode. Alternatively, copy the brdr_ lumps from the consolidated TC to the non-consolidated version that gives you this problem.

This was full-screen. Also how do I copy stuff from one Batch file to another?
Beyond_Reality

Postby HorselessHH » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:43 pm

I might be an idiot, but whenever I try to run it, I get "4 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts."
HorselessHH

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby AFADoomer » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:42 pm

HorselessHH wrote:I might be an idiot, but whenever I try to run it, I get "4 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts."

I think there are some variables that don't exist anymore after some relatively recent GZDoom menu code changes... I just pushed a commit that comments out the offending lines. Unrelated to that, the main menu title is now off-center, but everything works now, at least.
AFADoomer

Postby Beyond_Reality » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:06 am

So I figured out what the problem is, since it only affects the second & third chapter of SoD:

Screenshot from the player setup in SoD chapter III while using the Consolidated TC:

Screenshot from the player setup in SoD chapter III while using the Wolf3D SoD:

Some textures in chapter II & III are not being loaded. The blocked stuff also appeared when before I adjusted my screen size almost a month ago. Don't know what's causing it, since the first chapter and Wolf3D seem to run fine, so it must be something from the new textures in II & III that aren't being recognized by the Wolf3D SoD batch but are being recognized by the Consolidated TC for some reason...
Beyond_Reality

Postby HorselessHH » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:13 pm

So how do I do the SOD patch, the bat files aren't wanting to cooperate and my editing of them isn't helping. I'm also getting multiple decorate script errors, usually about 2-3.
HorselessHH

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects