Wolfenstein 3D TC (Version 3.0)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Wolfenstein 3D TC (Version 3.0)

Postby Gamerwarrior117 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:48 pm

there are two new errors for the mod. cannot load it it in.

it gives me: Decorate scripts error.

something to do with startup line 79.

getnumlumps and count error of unkown scripts.
Gamerwarrior117

Postby skyrish10 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:52 pm

Gamerwarrior117 wrote:there are two new errors for the mod. cannot load it it in.

it gives me: Decorate scripts error.

something to do with startup line 79.

getnumlumps and count error of unkown scripts.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=32845
skyrish10
Rinoa

Postby AFADoomer » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:49 am

Graf renamed the GetNumLumps function in the base.zs Wads struct with no compatibility fallback.

This commit.

Fixed in the Wolf3D TC mod's repo.
AFADoomer

Postby Gamerwarrior117 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:29 pm

AFADoomer wrote:Graf renamed the GetNumLumps function in the base.zs Wads struct with no compatibility fallback.

This commit.

Fixed in the Wolf3D TC mod's repo.

cool. i redownloaded it. are you going to add spear of destiny sometime in the future?
Gamerwarrior117

Postby AFADoomer » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:37 pm

Spear of Destiny support is mostly in, just not available through the menus, and the finale (and I think the level 18 transition) isn't working... You can get to the maps by using the console to go to SOD01 for SoD, SD201, for the first mission pack, and SD301 for the second mission pack.
AFADoomer

Postby Gamerwarrior117 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:53 pm

AFADoomer wrote:Spear of Destiny support is mostly in, just not available through the menus, and the finale (and I think the level 18 transition) isn't working... You can get to the maps by using the console to go to SOD01 for SoD, SD201, for the first mission pack, and SD301 for the second mission pack.

oh really. didn't realize you can do that. cool.

im not sure. i will replay the map level 10 again, cause my keyboard glitched out on me at the end of the level before you enter the final secret with bunch wafen ss blue guys. the door glitched out. i replay the level again just to be sure if it wasn't my keyboard doing it. cause it keep closing on and off constantly. could of been my keyboard since my keys have trouble typing.
Gamerwarrior117

Postby Gamerwarrior117 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:04 pm

AFADoomer wrote:Spear of Destiny support is mostly in, just not available through the menus, and the finale (and I think the level 18 transition) isn't working... You can get to the maps by using the console to go to SOD01 for SoD, SD201, for the first mission pack, and SD301 for the second mission pack.

yup it was my keybaord, lol. its working now, lol.
Gamerwarrior117

Postby Gamerwarrior117 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:27 pm

what is the proper commands to load spear of destiny?

im assuming its: SD101?
Gamerwarrior117

Postby AFADoomer » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:31 pm

'map sod01'
AFADoomer

Postby Gamerwarrior117 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:34 pm

AFADoomer wrote:'map sod01'

oh i see. its the same as halo custom edition with maps cool.
Gamerwarrior117

Postby Gamerwarrior117 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:51 pm

AFADoomer wrote:'map sod01'

Do you think its possible for a Rise of the triad or monster bash remake on gzdoom?
Gamerwarrior117

Postby AFADoomer » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:20 pm

Completely possible... Not something I'm wanting to do, in either case, but there's nothing that would keep them from being replicated. ROTT in particular would be relatively straightforward because all of the resources and maps are in a known format. Not sure about Monster Bash - I've never played it.
AFADoomer

Postby Gamerwarrior117 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:10 pm

AFADoomer wrote:Completely possible... Not something I'm wanting to do, in either case, but there's nothing that would keep them from being replicated. ROTT in particular would be relatively straightforward because all of the resources and maps are in a known format. Not sure about Monster Bash - I've never played it.

here is monster bash.

https://archive.org/details/MonsterBash

its a good game if your into 3d platformers. its like castlevania art design. But. its different. its a cool game. only 3 episodes if you buy it from 3drealm website or apogee software old games site.

whenever you decide to do rise of the triad. i look forward too.
Gamerwarrior117

Postby Captain J » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:22 am

Hope i'm not asking too much here, but i would like to see even more of good ol' MS-DOS FPS games to be remade in doom engine. Such as Catacomb 3D, Blake Stone series, even Spear Resurrection and End of Destiny(yeah they're actually wolf3d fan game, but too good to be just fan stuff)!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby AFADoomer » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:29 am

I dumped the "demo" version of my old Blake Stone TC to my github. The first episode is playable, with a few issues. Considering that it was spun off of an old version of the Wolf3D TC, and is all DECORATE and ACS (I think most of the work was done about a decade ago), it's surprisingly not in bad shape.
AFADoomer

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects