RELEASE: Wolfenstein 3D TC Version 3.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

I hate to ask this, but, could someone who downloaded the Wolf3D_Demo.zip file host it or e-mail it to me at 'AFADoomer(at)hotmail.com'? I'm away from home, and my web server appears to have gone down...
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Here you go. I'll not keep it up for too long.

http://www.zen64060.zen.co.uk/wolf3d_demo.zip
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Got it, Thanks!

[edit] That's actually an old version from a while back... It came from the WolfenDoom thread,I think... Thanks anyway, though.[/edit]
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Ooops, sorry. Didn't realise there was a newer one. :oops:

Oh well, at least you have a copy now - even if it is old. I'll make sure I keep an eye out for a newer version whenever it gets posted. This is a cool and impressive TC so I really hope it gets done.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

No problem... Thanks for the support.
Da_maniaC

Post by Da_maniaC »

Enjay wrote: I'll make sure I keep an eye out for a newer version whenever it gets posted. This is a cool and impressive TC so I really hope it gets done.
I agree! :D

I just looked at it, and the TC is really nice work.
Very true to the original, but it still has dooms gameplay, which makes it play great. :)
(I always used to get sick playing Wolf3d or its ports, cause the movement sucked so bad...no bobbing and fast choppy running and all... ;) )
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Thanks... Original link is back up now, by the way...
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I don't seem to be getting the ammo pick-up sound. Can't remember if that worked in the earlier version. I haven't checked why this might be happeneing, but I noticed the sound is in the WAD.

Something else I noticed - all your weapons are always on target. What I mean by that is when you hold down fire all the weapons hit the same spot all the time - no spread. Compare that to Doom - the pistol and chaingun (which I think your weapons are based off) will have a spread with continuous fire. How did you manage this?
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

hmm... I'll have a look at the ammo pickup... I may have inadvertantly changed something. It used to work.

The weapons-always-on-target is a little bit of minor dehacked work... I actually don't remember how exactly I did it. I think that it's in the delay between the firing and the refire. This makes each shot a "first shot", hence 100% accuracy. Everything uses the regular FireCGun pointer right now...

I've coded new weapons with Graf's custom weapons patch... Hopefully they'll be implemented in the next version, and I can do a new release.
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

AFADoomer wrote:hmm... I'll have a look at the ammo pickup... I may have inadvertantly changed something. It used to work.

The weapons-always-on-target is a little bit of minor dehacked work... I actually don't remember how exactly I did it. I think that it's in the delay between the firing and the refire. This makes each shot a "first shot", hence 100% accuracy. Everything uses the regular FireCGun pointer right now...

I've coded new weapons with Graf's custom weapons patch... Hopefully they'll be implemented in the next version, and I can do a new release.
IIRC the machinegun and chaingun had a spread to them in Wolfenstein.
Woolie Wool
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Woolie Wool »

wildweasel wrote:What's the point of getting a high score in this day and age?
So you can show off how 1337 you are?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Dunno if it was due to the mod or Zdoom 96, but I was fighting Hans Grosse and the game locked up totally. I couldn't alt-tab out, the entire screen went odd colours (I still had the game pic in front of me but the palette was all wrong) sound seemed to be continuing but I had to hard reset. Haven't tried to see if it's repeatable.
Ninja_of_DooM

Post by Ninja_of_DooM »

Ah Wolf 3D. Love that game.:D I remember my first time with it on a friend's PC......thing. It took both of us to play. One to steer around and open stuff, the other to shoot things. Great fun.:p
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Woolie Wool wrote: IIRC the machinegun and chaingun had a spread to them in Wolfenstein.
They didn't. They had a random chance of 'missing', but there was no true spread.
Enjay wrote:Dunno if it was due to the mod or Zdoom 96, but I was fighting Hans Grosse and the game locked up totally. I couldn't alt-tab out, the entire screen went odd colours (I still had the game pic in front of me but the palette was all wrong) sound seemed to be continuing but I had to hard reset. Haven't tried to see if it's repeatable.
I have not had this problem... and I've played against Hans Grosse many times, testing different weapons.
Skunk

Post by Skunk »

I just played the mod and... woah... woah... I need new pants, I just blew a load like a shotgun thru the front of these. This mod is hot. And I only have three complaints:

1. Inbetween levels you can still fire your gun trying to get thru the mission complete and get psyched! screens.
2. Chaingun fires way too fast, me thinks.
3. The doors open up like in Doom and not slide to the side like in Wolfenstein. This can be corrected, yes? You ARE working in ZDoom, yes? :)

Fix these things... omg... I'll die.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”