RELEASE: Wolfenstein 3D TC Version 3.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wanisea

Re: Wolfenstein 3D TC (Version 3.0)

Post by wanisea »

In Wolfenstein 3D TC, I converted the original file to TOPAZ GIGIAPIXEL, but when I run GZDOOM due to the increase in the image size, the texture size increases.
What program should I write to reduce this to the same size as the original?
If you have any help, please reply.
You can also edit the file and upload it.

Source file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/63icib30ravwq ... s.pk3?dl=0

Conversion file (TOPAZ GIGAPIXEL AI)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvfd61aj2e9tr ... s.zip?dl=0
Phredreeke

Post by Phredreeke »

I think you need to keep the original files + put upscales in the TEXTURES folder - that seemed to solve it for me anyway
wanisea

Post by wanisea »

Phredreeke wrote:I think you need to keep the original files + put upscales in the TEXTURES folder - that seemed to solve it for me anyway
I don't think this project is going to work because I don't have technical knowledge.
Phredreeke would be grateful if you could create this project.
Acoma

Re: Wolfenstein 3D TC (Version 2.0)

Post by Acoma »

aivar242 wrote:That's what I managed to do for Wolfenstein 3D TC mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhiHPGtIduM
can you please reupload this
Gamerwarrior117

Post by Gamerwarrior117 »

how do i load this into doomsday engine 2.2 or gzdoom?
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

my question is there anyone who can make wolfenstein levels for doom like oblidge and obihack... because i love to play nazi mods on them.

also i love the cool other consoole pistols of other wolfenstein ports....
Gamerwarrior117

nevermind, i got the game loaded with GZdoom version at least, lol. apparently i can play both wadsmoosh Doom complete along with wolf 3D together, but there is a sound issue? is it suppose to be that fast? is there a way to change that?

the way to load the wolf3d folder is to: Copy the folders name and put it " " between these two and it load. what i mean is go to desktop icon, right click icon, then select properties and then go to target line put it there.

what i mean i can play on two different desktop icons of gzdoom so when i want to play doom, i can click on the doom icon and if i want to play wolf 3d, i click on that icon.

lol, oh well. im assuming its part of the game sound files. but, it keeps doing it. i thought disabling the efx was it, but not. should i leave that back on now? what do i do?
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Gamerwarrior117 wrote:nevermind, i got the game loaded with GZdoom version at least, lol. apparently i can play both wadsmoosh Doom complete along with wolf 3D together, but there is a sound issue? is it suppose to be that fast? is there a way to change that?

the way to load the wolf3d folder is to: Copy the folders name and put it " " between these two and it load. what i mean is go to desktop icon, right click icon, then select properties and then go to target line put it there.

what i mean i can play on two different desktop icons of gzdoom so when i want to play doom, i can click on the doom icon and if i want to play wolf 3d, i click on that icon.

lol, oh well. im assuming its part of the game sound files. but, it keeps doing it. i thought disabling the efx was it, but not. should i leave that back on now? what do i do?
Posted a bug report for the music issue here.
Gamerwarrior117

AFADoomer wrote:
Gamerwarrior117 wrote:nevermind, i got the game loaded with GZdoom version at least, lol. apparently i can play both wadsmoosh Doom complete along with wolf 3D together, but there is a sound issue? is it suppose to be that fast? is there a way to change that?

cool, awesome thanks.

very weird bug.
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

i have a great idea! that might elevate this mod !

add options and mutators to this game that never was possible before... not silly things... but like ..... 10x enemies ... or stuff like was not in the normal game then this mod would be very valuable ..
Gez

Post by Gez »

You can download extra mods like 10x or whatever and run them on-top, there's no need to have every crazy mod you can think of built-in.
Gamerwarrior117

AFADoomer wrote:

nevermind, posted a new issue in the music topic.
D2 Mod Player

Post by D2 Mod Player »

I was stunned to see a new version will come out! Will it remove the beautiful Doom style strafing?! Otherwise I like being more true to the original, as long as I can fit in a floor and ceiling texture. :)

I was coming on here to report the Mutant enemy type does not cache properly and absolutely stops the game from working and you end up dying. The animations stop, and I can tell it's trying to load each texture from my new SSD in real time. This only happens with the mutant textures. I finally learned to scale down my 2048x2048 3MB textures to 512x512 and 100KB each. Still, even with textures that small there's a slight stutter on a level with zombies nearby. I've tried multiple texture remasters I did in the past and it displays the same behavior. I've removed all added assets except those textures and it's not a normal graphics card performance issue. After all, I have a Geforce GTX 1080 with 8GB of vram and a quad core 4ghz+ CPU.....

I am using the TC that gives all the adventures in one launcher including lost levels.

I was on this board in 2011/2012 talking about remastering Wolfenstein to Wolf 3D HD. I mostly finished that but I am taking a new direction this time. I have no plans to release that old stuff, it was too flawed despite brilliant artwork.
Gamerwarrior117

D2 Mod Player wrote:I was stunned to see a new version will come out! Will it remove the beautiful Doom style strafing?! Otherwise I like being more true to the original, as long as I can fit in a floor and ceiling texture. :)

I was coming on here to report the Mutant enemy type does not cache properly and absolutely stops the game from working and you end up dying. The animations stop, and I can tell it's trying to load each texture from my new SSD in real time. This only happens with the mutant textures. I finally learned to scale down my 2048x2048 3MB textures to 512x512 and 100KB each. Still, even with textures that small there's a slight stutter on a level with zombies nearby. I've tried multiple texture remasters I did in the past and it displays the same behavior. I've removed all added assets except those textures and it's not a normal graphics card performance issue. After all, I have a Geforce GTX 1080 with 8GB of vram and a quad core 4ghz+ CPU.....

I am using the TC that gives all the adventures in one launcher including lost levels.

I was on this board in 2011/2012 talking about remastering Wolfenstein to Wolf 3D HD. I mostly finished that but I am taking a new direction this time. I have no plans to release that old stuff, it was too flawed despite brilliant artwork.
when are you going to release your version of wolfenstein 3d hd?
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

i still think you can make it way more intersting then just a direct clean mod....

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”