RELEASE: Wolfenstein 3D TC Version 3.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

Curunir wrote:
MartinHowe wrote:including RTD and TUC
What would those two mean?
The so-called "lost episodes" of SoD - Return to Danger and The Ultimate Challenge. Refer to this page for details.
Curunir wrote:I'm unable to run anything except original Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny on that thing.
Just run wolfgl from within the RTD or TUC directory and wolfgl will treat them as SoD; the text will still say "picked up a cross" instead of a "radio" or "bomb" for example, since it is hardcoded in the .exe.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

HotWax wrote:It sounds like you're doing something wrong. Make sure the polyobj is entirely in its own sector and stays there at all times! Make sure that the area where the polyobj will come to a rest after being used is inside that very same sector (don't just let it clip into another wall). If you're doing all of this and have the polyobj setup properly (and are using ZDBSP to build nodes), you shouldn't be having any problems.
I'm using ZDBSP 1.5 to build the nodes...

I can usually fix the problems with secret areas by removing a vertex somewhere on the wall next to where the polyobject stops... Which still makes no sense to me. And there are still other situations where I have to make the walls meet at something other than a 90 degree angle to fix the issue.

As for sliding doors, I'm going to have to do some (more) scripting, because the 'polyobject door slide' linetype (8) doesn't allow you to interrupt the closing/opening of the door...

Here's a .wad that shows you what I'm talking about: It's e1m9.
http://24.168.166.154/files/TEST.zip

The first door is a polyobject, and works OK (no sounds yet).

The secret door on the left side of the main area disappears for no reason.

The other secret door, in Hans' room, works right, because I deleted a vertex on the wall that had nothing to do with the polyobject. If I put it back, it acts just like the first secret.
Last edited by AFADoomer on Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chilvence

Post by Chilvence »

Eh that secret room doesnt even have a closed sector

This works

By the way, if you want to point me in the direction of a free midi editor, I dont mind sorting some of the tracks
Attachments
TEST.zip
(6.79 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Oh, I know how to make the secret doors work... I was just trying to show how one vertex that has nothing to do with the polyobject can mess it up for some reason...
Chilvence

Post by Chilvence »

But it works. The file I uploaded doesnt show it, but I was also able to make the hans room secret work fine after closing the sector and deleting that un-needed vertex.
Zarggg

Post by Zarggg »

I feel dumb for asking this... but is this an IWAD, or a PWAD? If it's a PWAD, what IWAD do I need this to "piggyback" on?
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

It's a PWAD, and you can use DOOM2.wad
MasterOFDeath
... in rememberance ...

Post by MasterOFDeath »

Chilvence wrote:you want to point me in the direction of a free midi editor, I dont mind sorting some of the tracks
Google up a program by the name of "JazzWare" (I can't remember the site :P)
Csonicgo

Post by Csonicgo »

just use the original Midi's, gosh.
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

The original Wolf3d MIDIs? You mean the ones that don't exist?
Csonicgo

Post by Csonicgo »

I have them.
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

They can't possibly be the 'original' MIDIs, as Wolf3d didn't use MIDI files.
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

I think this refers to some files that used to be available from Bobby Prince's web site. These are some, but only some, of the original midis from which the IMF music in the game was created. They sound different in "tone" from the game and only some of the tracks are present.
Risen

Post by Risen »

AFADoomer wrote:What cheats are you using?
I suspect Give All is all that is needed. You may have cleared the weapon slot, but the plasma rifle still exists. When another gun runs out of ammo, if there are any cells left it will switch to the plasma rifle because it has the highest weapon preference.

At any rate, I wouldn't worry about it. Cheaters should not expect things to run perfectly, since they are no longer playing the game as the author expects them to.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

That's the thing, though... I tried 'give all', and used all of my ammo, and I automatically went to the knife (fists). I even tried doing this with each weapon, and the autoswitch worked corectly... Plus, max ammo for everything but Bullets is set to 0, and the Chainsaw is set to use Shotgun Shells, so it won't come up either, unless you summon it and pick it up... And then it won't fire, and the knife will come up...

As it says in the readme file, any Doom IWAD will work... All the other IWADs work also, as far as maps, enemies, and items are concerned, since 99.5% of the resources do not belong to Doom, but there are major menu/status bar/weapon problems.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”