RELEASE: Wolfenstein 3D TC Version 3.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
scatola

Re: Wolfenstein 3D TC (Version 2.0)

Post by scatola »

Big fan still here! Keep doing the great job. Downloaded all latest versions and this is great!
BlueFireZ88
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

I was using the Consolidated TC, and I was wondering if were possible to swap out the original intro music (Nazi March) for the SoD intro music (The Tower)?
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

BlueFireZ88 wrote:I was using the Consolidated TC, and I was wondering if were possible to swap out the original intro music (Nazi March) for the SoD intro music (The Tower)?
Not easily... It's set in the ACS code for the titlemap. If you want to do it in your own version, easiest thing to do would probably be to copy and rename 'xtower2.imf' in the Resources .pk3 to 'nazi_nor.imf' (though, obviously, this will affect the title sequence for "standard" Wolf3D as well).
clobber

Post by clobber »

Hi AFADoomer. Thank you for the great work!

You may want to push a small update for GZDoom 3.0 compatibility to fix the "hover hand" and status bar size issue due to HUD scaling changes (which seems to affect the mod on HiDPI screens, at least).

For example, in GZDoom 2.4.0 here is how the HUD appears under default settings:
http://imgur.com/Cf15uPK

But, in GZDoom 3.0.1 under default settings:
http://imgur.com/ZuyNAXo

Edit: Also, if you enter cheats ("IDKFA") the flamethrower and rocket launcher weapons are not centered on screen (but this problem also existed in GZDoom 2.4.0) and those additional unlocked items (I don't recognize those) are oddly placed next to the weapon and scaled too small: http://imgur.com/xDOqCXj
kama.stein

Post by kama.stein »

This is my favorite way to play Wolf3D! There's one minor problem though. In surround sound the door sounds seem to not be played 3D spatialized when I open the doors. Only when others open them.

So when others open the door (i.e. enemies) the door sounds play to the respective side depending on where they are in relation to me. When I open the doors... they always get played at the same volume and direction (in the front) no matter where they are or how far away they are for me.

In fact if I've opened and ran through a few doors no matter where I am when the close I have to hear them all close one after the other.
doomjedi

Post by doomjedi »

DenisBelmondo wrote:Oh wow, I almost forgot I made those. I was pretty young when I made 'em and Doom paletted them, which severely reduced the shades in the green range. I have a much better sheet here:
Spoiler:
Fantastic work. Love your art skills in general.
aivar242

Post by aivar242 »

Maybe someone knows how to make 3D models .md2 ; .md3 working in this port? EDGE and GZDoom work very well with 3D models.
aivar242

Post by aivar242 »

Does anyone know how to run Сonsolidation 3D TC 2.0.2 on the new GZDoom 3.2.3 port?
The simple Wolf3D TC starts up normally. The problem is most likely in the .bat file but I do not understand anything about it.
Korell

Post by Korell »

aivar242 wrote:Does anyone know how to run Сonsolidation 3D TC 2.0.2 on the new GZDoom 3.2.3 port?
The simple Wolf3D TC starts up normally. The problem is most likely in the .bat file but I do not understand anything about it.
I created my own batch file to launch the mod and it launches it as follows:

START gzdoom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -config Wolf3D.ini +exec Wolf3D.cfg -file Wolf3D_Common.pk7 Wolf3D_Resources.pk3 Wolf3D_HighRes.pk7 -savedir Saves\Wolf3DTC

I've simplified the above somewhat to remove full paths, though, so you'd have to reference the ini file (if you have a dedicated ini file for the mod), the cfg, pk7 and pk3 files via their full or relative paths, but the above should at least show you the load order of the mod files.
aivar242

Post by aivar242 »

Korell wrote:I created my own batch file to launch the mod and it launches it as follows:
Your version works I checked but it produces the same error as the original bat file in fashion. Here the problem is more likely in the new port GZDoom which has changed the icon and something most likely in the code. Since the Consolidate TC mode is updated very rarely such errors appear.
I fixed this error by simply putting doom.wad in the mod - after which the game started but in the first level there were no textures and SS soldiers looked like exclamation marks. (

AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

For your custom .bat file, try using Wolf3D_Common.pk7 as your -iwad parameter instead of doom2.wad (and remove it from the -file parameter, obviously).

I'll have to set aside some time to look at this in detail (won't be for weeks, probably)... If you run the TC with the last release version of ZDoom, everything loads up as it used to, still. If anyone wants to help by testing to see what dev release of GZDoom started having issues, that would be helpful (the last time I ran the TC was in May, and I had no problems then).

I think this is likely related to some of the more recent changes in how IWAD loading is handled in GZDoom, but I honestly am not sure... At first glance it looks like the IWAD key in GAMEINFO is being ignored for some reason (you should be able to drag-and-drop Wolf3D_Common.pk7 onto GZDoom, and it should automatically load Wolf3D_Resources.pk3 - that's not happening in newer GZDoom releases).
aivar242

Post by aivar242 »

For your custom .bat file, try using Wolf3D_Common.pk7 as your -iwad parameter instead of doom2.wad (and remove it from the -file parameter, obviously).
Yes! Dude you really helped me the port started.) But ... the port creates a new file Wolf3D.ini with the default settings and my file zdoom-aivar-SoD.ini - it does not see. This is more likely due to the fact that in the .bat file it is not registered.
I do not know much about .bat files. Could you correct the original Consolidated TC.bat startup file from my MYRUN Consolidated TC GZ.bat which launches the mod on this version of GZDoom (3.2.3)?

Consolidated TC.bat - original (not work):
Spoiler:

MYRUN Consolidated TC GZ.bat (is working) -
Spoiler:
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Replace 'Wolf3D.ini' in your working .bat with the name of your .ini file that you want to use. The -config parameter is what specifies the .ini file to use, so you were telling it to use "Wolf3D.ini".
aivar242

Post by aivar242 »

Replace 'Wolf3D.ini' in your working .bat with the name of your .ini file that you want to use.
Yes, now everything works as it should. I would certainly like to not use my .bat file, but run the mod by the original .bat file of Consolidated TC.bat.
In this file we just need to edit the text to make it work, and I do not know what to edit.

P.S. When I start the game next time, some settings in the config are reset.
hoover1979
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by hoover1979 »

Hi. I can't seem to get this TC to run on GZDoom v3.2.5 (x64), the menu starts with no music, the level loading screen is borked, there are no enemies in the level and corrupted textures and weird red diamond sprites with yellow "!" symbols on them. There is also a sea of Script Error warnings when GZDoom loads up, but I couldn't read them as in half a second it seemed like over a hundred errors flashed by before the game loaded.

I even tried recompiling the TC with the new GZDoom and it still wouldn't work. This is an awesome TC and worked fine on older iterations of GZDoom, but GZDoom 3.2.5 has the more advanced lighting and rendering options and I would love to be able to get this fine TC to work with it.

Is there something wrong on my end, or does the TC need to be updated to run with the newer versions of GZDoom?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”