Hocusdoom RELEASED (/idgames pending)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ravage

Re: Hocusdoom RELEASED (/idgames pending)

Post by ravage »

What secrets are you talking about, and The Iron Troll is not a level in this. Unless you mean the Iron Vault?
BenMcLean
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by BenMcLean »

I can barely read the tiny text due to my poor eyesight so I guess my brain just filled in the gaps with whatever. Must have been Iron Vault.

I said something negative about the level design but I should also balance it with something positive because there are also good aspects to the level design. The boss level in the first episode was great. Very clear where to go next and lots of different challenges all over.
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

I'm having a problem, I can't seem to break the breakable blocks.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

Question: Why is the secret level gem green? I noticed in the files the red one used in early versions as CRY2, why the color change? And the graphic of these should've been changed in the help screen to match the sprites.
EDIT: I decided to make the graphics for more credit pages, feel free to not use it.
Attachments
Other credits.png
Other credits.png (7.49 KiB) Viewed 3324 times
HELPER2.png
HELPER2.png (21.82 KiB) Viewed 3412 times
Last edited by QuakedoomNukem Cz on Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

It would be great to also have some kind of indicator for having all crystals collected in fullscreen mode, not just with the statusbar active.
ravage

Post by ravage »

I forgot to update the help page. I'll have to do that soon too.
ravage

Post by ravage »

So I've noticed a major issue as of gzdoom 4.2.4. The block models seem to be rendering incorrectly and I don't know why. This doesn't seem to happen with other models, but I'm not sure?
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

ravage wrote:So I've noticed a major issue as of gzdoom 4.2.4. The block models seem to be rendering incorrectly and I don't know why. This doesn't seem to happen with other models, but I'm not sure?
Have you tested it with 4.2.4a or any of the dev builds? I'm currently using 4.2.4a and was planning on playing through your TC soon, so just wondering if I'll need to downgrade to 3.8.1 or something.
ravage

Post by ravage »

skdursh wrote:
ravage wrote:So I've noticed a major issue as of gzdoom 4.2.4. The block models seem to be rendering incorrectly and I don't know why. This doesn't seem to happen with other models, but I'm not sure?
Have you tested it with 4.2.4a or any of the dev builds? I'm currently using 4.2.4a and was planning on playing through your TC soon, so just wondering if I'll need to downgrade to 3.8.1 or something.
I have not. I've been sticking with whatever is downloadable from the main page, as that's what most people will be playing with. This issue was not cropping up in 4.1.x so I don't know what changed.
ravage

Post by ravage »

version 1.1 candidate:
Current playable version for 12-27-2019
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6cpmlrajvxwgf ... S.pk3?dl=1
Ogg versions of music (updated)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4wlfocvkewtm ... g.pk3?dl=1

changelog for - 12-27-2019
  • fixed stair bug in map22
  • fixed powerup flashes
  • fixed a bug in map37 where certain monsters would keep spawning every time you entered a specific sector. only spawns them once now.
  • added monster blocking lines to most lava areas in map22
  • removed switch and replaced with a crystal on map21
  • updated help pics
  • fixed fence textures in map28
  • made a door in map17 easier to activate by drunk brits
  • made electroman mines visible in the dark
  • fixed texture misalignment in map25
  • stairs lower on map25 when you first reach the top of the library, rather than at the key
  • fixed bug with 3d blocks rendering through each other
Solaela
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Solaela »

I have yet to play this but I saw Gman's review and saw the Jazz levels and I have one thing to say. You gotta do a jazz TC. The bits I DID see from it made it look amazing :D I agree with what he said how it'd make a good argument for why jazz would have made a amazing FPS. If you put that attention to detail to just a bonus? Imagine how cool a full scale TC would be.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Solaela wrote:I have yet to play this but I saw Gman's review and saw the Jazz levels and I have one thing to say. You gotta do a jazz TC. The bits I DID see from it made it look amazing :D I agree with what he said how it'd make a good argument for why jazz would have made a amazing FPS. If you put that attention to detail to just a bonus? Imagine how cool a full scale TC would be.
There was already a Jazz Jackrabbit TC released fairly recently and is still currently being further developed.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

NightFright wrote:
Spoiler:
Found two more:
/* used */ HOCUS_WIZCHAT_36 = "The healing potions are piled together in just one room!";
SEQ_SCRN_E4M9OUTERDOOR2 = "You are ready now!";
Vphurple Izumi
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Vphurple Izumi »

a glitch with i found in the 3th map when u take the white potion the one that gives u rapid fire, the overlay for showing its active is misaligned it covers like3/4 of the screens. i have a garbage pc otherwise i would have shown some screenshots. have tryed different versions of gzdoom messed around with video settings nothing fixed it

TLDR:- Rapid fire potion[white one] overlay to show its active is misaligned :u
Vphurple Izumi
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Vphurple Izumi »

I don't know how to edit my comment so i ma do another one, but the glitch is only in release version not the current playable version. so its no big deal still fun to see people working on this for so long ,good stuff

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”