Hocusdoom RELEASED (/idgames pending)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Boreas249

Re: Hocus Doom

Post by Boreas249 »

Goodness me this is fan-frickin'-tastic!

Keep up the good work! And thank you very much, you combined two very old favorites on the best DooM source port and made something incredibly awesome!!!
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

I have to admit that I've never played Hocus Pocus, but this is a stellar mod and a nice change of pace from all the demons from hell this and space marine that.
ravage

Post by ravage »

Still alive! Really. Working on the secret level. I'm hoping at least one person will get what it is.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Doesn't look like Realms of Chaos or Cosmo's Cosmic Adventures, which were my first guesses.
el zee

Post by el zee »

It's darkwolf :)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

ooow, seems it's a intensional easter egg stage!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

el zee wrote:It's darkwolf :)
I didn't think anybody else had even heard of this game! Please tell me the music's included, too...
ravage

Post by ravage »

wildweasel wrote:
I didn't think anybody else had even heard of this game! Please tell me the music's included, too...
I don't half ass things; I whole ass them!
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

@ravage:
This is not an issue right now, just for later - would you mind also providing a widescreen version of the statusbar as I did in another little project? I always play with the statusbar fully visible, but HUDs being cut off on the left and right kinda annoy me.

Wouldn't need to be included with the actual release, but providing the graphics separately for optional usage would be great. Other than that, awesome mod so far. I was just playing the original Hocus a few months ago for the first time and loved the gameplay. You manage to catch all the details really well, and porting it over to 3D is an ingenious idea in general. Looking forward to seeing more, and this creative output is hopefully also rewarded with a Caco (provided you get at least the first episode done before Xmas)!
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

I just tried this not a very bad mod i actually enjoyed this. looking forward to future future versions
ravage

Post by ravage »

NightFright wrote:@ravage:
This is not an issue right now, just for later - would you mind also providing a widescreen version of the statusbar as I did in another little project? I always play with the statusbar fully visible, but HUDs being cut off on the left and right kinda annoy me.

Wouldn't need to be included with the actual release, but providing the graphics separately for optional usage would be great. Other than that, awesome mod so far. I was just playing the original Hocus a few months ago for the first time and loved the gameplay. You manage to catch all the details really well, and porting it over to 3D is an ingenious idea in general. Looking forward to seeing more, and this creative output is hopefully also rewarded with a Caco (provided you get at least the first episode done before Xmas)!
Odd. the hud works fine in 16:9 resolutions for me. Fullscreen hud should be changed to use fullscreenoffsets but other that the main hud should be fine for widescreen.

Woolie Wool
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux, Windows 11

Post by Woolie Wool »

It was nice up to level 6, but level 6 runs incredibly slowly (<10 fps) and is 100% impossible to play without cheats on my computer. If I had to guess, there are probably way too many actors on this level and their numbers will have to be drastically reduced for the map to be playable. It reminds me the way Nashgore-based mods behave when hundreds of monsters are crushed at once.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Heh, I played this years ago as well :) It's definitely a very unknown game but it's a gem though.

@ravage - What about other easter-egg maps with different themes? I'd love to see a Monster Bash map :D
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

Tormentor667 wrote:What about other easter-egg maps with different themes? I'd love to see a Monster Bash map :D
I'd like to see a Kirby map or a Mickey Mouse World of Illusion map.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Let's keep it to games where you play a wizard, for consistency. So something like Mystic Towers would be a better choice.

Besides, let's not bury rf under bloatware requests.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”