ZBloodX

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
The Zombie Killer

Re: ZBloodX

Post by The Zombie Killer »

Thai-Low wrote:I got a quick question here Zombie Killer... every time I try to use the Blood textures pk3 files you gave me I have a system error code and the sprites won't show up. any help on that? oh almost forgot I'm using Doom builder
It's more of a "take stuff from this" file than a textures file. The files aren't named for proper use in Doom, you have to rename them to a more appropriate name (I'm pretty sure most things in ZDoom are still limited to the 8.3 filename).
edward850

Post by edward850 »

The Zombie Killer wrote:(I'm pretty sure most things in ZDoom are still limited to the 8.3 filename).
Just 8, no extension. The WAD resource tree only holds an ASCII string of 8 bytes for each lump, and ZDoom's archive/folder support ignores file extensions as well (except when a directory explicitly defined, for example anything that uses #include).
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

Thank you guys for getting to me on that one but I did get the hang of it lol I kinda felt dumb after the fact :P
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

Opening screen

Difficulty screen

Flare gun has its own ammo pick up now :)
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

TNT where the VooDoo doll once was

the missing skull by the secret grave :D

Cultist are back to their original colour and movement :)
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

Strange light orb that appears once enemies are killed with the flare pistol :/ (any help on fixing that?)

Lookin good I must say!! :D
edward850

Post by edward850 »

See, not only did you ignore my previous point about using print-screen rather then a camera (because camera photos of your PC is really not going to bestow people with confidence about the mod itself), now you just quad-posted rather then using the edit button, which ZDoom does have a guideline against as it's seen as spam more then anything.
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

edward850 wrote:See, not only did you ignore my previous point about using print-screen rather then a camera (because camera photos of your PC is really not bestow people with confidence about the mod itself), now you just quad-posted rather then using the edit button, which ZDoom does have a guideline against as it's seen as spam more then anything.
Man get out of here like for real can't you see I only joined this web sight this month!? and it was only to get resources for this WAD. I don't know how or even care how to work the images stuff and besides this its my page I will do as I please with it. Don't like it? Don't look at it then.
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

If you press F12 while in-game (or a key that's bound to the "screenshot" command) then ZDoom will automatically take a screenshot and save it in the ZDoom folder, then just upload that.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Thai-Low wrote:Man get out of here like for real can't you see I only joined this web sight this month!? and it was only to get resources for this WAD. I don't know how or even care how to work the images stuff and besides this its my page I will do as I please with it. Don't like it? Don't look at it then.
You cannot actually tell me to stop posting in a public forum (that you don't even run) if you don't want me criticising your work. Your work and presentation is still open for criticism in such a scenario. And nothing really un-qualifies me from doing so.
Above all, if you have truly been here for only a month, then you should really be learning how it works around here, rather then using your length-of-stay as an excuse.
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

edward850 wrote:
Thai-Low wrote:Man get out of here like for real can't you see I only joined this web sight this month!? and it was only to get resources for this WAD. I don't know how or even care how to work the images stuff and besides this its my page I will do as I please with it. Don't like it? Don't look at it then.
You cannot actually tell me to stop posting in a public forum (that you don't even run) if you don't want me criticising your work. Your work and presentation is still open for criticism in such a scenario. And nothing really un-qualifies me from doing so.
Above all, if you have truly been here for only a month, then you should really be learning how it works around here, rather then using your length-of-stay as an excuse.
Again haters just gonna hate :P you been on my @$$ since day 1 :P like you know what mister post monitor I'm just going to spam the crap out of MY post thank you very much :)
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Thai-Low wrote:Again haters just gonna hate :P you been on my @$$ since day 1 :P like you know what mister post monitor I'm just going to spam the crap out of MY post thank you very much :)
This is why we can't have nice things. :|
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Thai-Low wrote:Again haters just gonna hate
I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to be "hating", here.
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

I got to agree with Ribo Zurai. like edward why are being like this on this post in-general? look at all the other posts that have done the same thing I have done posting wise. go play team new zealand else where man. then people wonder why this project never gets done. all because you got to kill it by spamming the post wall with dead end comments like your last one. not lookin to fight on here just was lookin for what I needed to finish this game.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Thai-Low wrote:I got to agree with Ribo Zurai.
As his post wasn't actually a compliment towards you, I'm a little surprised that you do.
Thai-Low wrote:like edward why are being like this on this post in-general? look at all the other posts that have done the same thing I have done posting wise. go play team new zealand else where man. then people wonder why this project never gets done. all because you got to kill it by spamming the post wall with dead end comments like your last one. not lookin to fight on here just was lookin for what I needed to finish this game.
I'm not exactly sure I follow you here. This is your project thread, is it not? I am pointing out issues with the blatantly problematic presentation of your mod, yet you seem to be rather obsessed with taking the path of most resistance. Nobody is going to be inspired by your PC photography. It actually takes more effort for you to be uploading photos this way, which is what really strikes me as weird. Also none of this really stops your from making your project. You are going to have to fill me in as to how it possibly could.

Also what does my country have to do with anything? For a person who dislikes things being "off-topic" (as you imply), you sure are bringing up some rather off topic things.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”