ZBloodX

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
The Zombie Killer

Re: ZBloodX

Post by The Zombie Killer »

If you need all the blood resources, I uploaded them all on this forum somewhere. EDIT: here

If you are going for accurate recreations of the weapons, then you will need to use the QAVEdit tool from the Blood alpha and view the QAV files from the game. Then use the formula Tics * (35 / 100) to convert Blood tics to Doom tics.

(I have no idea what the formula to convert offsets is)
Last edited by The Zombie Killer on Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

THANK YOU!!!!! Finally someone with some helpful words!!!! I will get on getting that stuff right now Zombie Killer! now we are starting to get somewhere with this!! :D
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Thai-Low wrote:yeah so.... I'm still lookin for Blood textures to use in Doombuilder if anyone has them or knows where to get them that would help out alot! :D and please people because I asked about the textures like 2 - 3 hours ago don't respond with "wheres the pics?" I'm getting kinda peeved off with that crap I only started this up so that people who were willing to HELP finish this game knew it was still being worked on. if your only in here to PLAY this then please keep your comments to yourself and I will get the WAD up ASAP :) thank you. and to edward850 are you a fucking retard that can't read? I said I'm in a rush to keep working on this and not to be dicking around posting pics of an unfinished game D:<
Seeing as the posting guidelines clearly says:
2) Just to clarify from the above rule: you need to post screenshots! If a project thread is posted without screenshots, we'll give you 24 hours to get them added, or else your project thread is going to get locked. Not everybody wants to download a large-ish WAD file and puzzle over what exactly is changed, so it helps to show people what it looks like without making them read a wall of text or download a file and be surprised. The only exception is if the mod has already been released in the thread's first post, at which point screenshots are merely suggested, not required.
I'm wondering if you need to heed your own advice. You cannot be in a rush to make your mod beyond the requirement of following the posting guidelines (and, you know, common courtesy). This is not a life-or-death situation.
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

edward850 wrote:
Thai-Low wrote:yeah so.... I'm still lookin for Blood textures to use in Doombuilder if anyone has them or knows where to get them that would help out alot! :D and please people because I asked about the textures like 2 - 3 hours ago don't respond with "wheres the pics?" I'm getting kinda peeved off with that crap I only started this up so that people who were willing to HELP finish this game knew it was still being worked on. if your only in here to PLAY this then please keep your comments to yourself and I will get the WAD up ASAP :) thank you. and to edward850 are you a fucking retard that can't read? I said I'm in a rush to keep working on this and not to be dicking around posting pics of an unfinished game D:<
Seeing as the posting guidelines clearly says:
2) Just to clarify from the above rule: you need to post screenshots! If a project thread is posted without screenshots, we'll give you 24 hours to get them added, or else your project thread is going to get locked. Not everybody wants to download a large-ish WAD file and puzzle over what exactly is changed, so it helps to show people what it looks like without making them read a wall of text or download a file and be surprised. The only exception is if the mod has already been released in the thread's first post, at which point screenshots are merely suggested, not required.
I'm wondering if you need to heed your own advice. You cannot be in a rush to make your mod beyond the requirement of following the posting guidelines (and, you know, common courtesy). This is not a life-or-death situation.

yeah too bad I put 3 on here eh? just because you have to click a link you act like its the end of the world like get real man. haters just gonna hate is all. :P
The Zombie Killer

I'm pretty sure the screenshots are required to be in the first post though, I'm not sure, since I only read the rules once, so I mainly go off of common sense.
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

well it don't really matter now. I thank you zombie killer for getting me what I need now I can finish this thing :) and If it helps I will post one image so everyone will get off that topic if it makes everyone happy
Last edited by Thai-Low on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

edward850

Post by edward850 »

The Zombie Killer

I just messed around a little more with QAV Edit, and I think I got my calculations wrong. It seems that 200 tics in Blood is one second. At least, that's what it seems like.
So the equation is Tics * (35 / 200), rather than Tics * (35 / 100).

You can get QAV Edit without the alpha here by the way. But you need to put all of the tiles*.art files from the retail game in the "qave" folder.
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

Get lost your garbage anyways

(Warned. When you're given advice, follow it; don't insult the person giving it to you. -ww)
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

Sweet Zombie Killer your a very big help! thank you for everything your doing to help aid in the completion of this WAD :)
The Zombie Killer

I managed to accurately recreate the pitchfork.
Download

As evidenced by the filename, I'm probably gonna start a project for recreating the Blood weapons etc accurately. Feel free to use this in your project, Thai-Low
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

I got a quick question here Zombie Killer... every time I try to use the Blood textures pk3 files you gave me I have a system error code and the sprites won't show up. any help on that? oh almost forgot I'm using Doom builder
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

I'm so confused! How is this project different than the zblood+ one?
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

Because it's being worked on right now as we speak :D I just finished the first level inside and out! also there is none of that "gliding" that cultists do in ZBlood+. but I have hit some odd wall with the tommy gun sprite :/ seems that when you use the primary shoot button it does the secondary from the original Blood game and the alt fire is the alt fire from ZBlood :S and idea on how to change this??? I will post the demo of this WAD soon to let people see what they can do. also I have a strange sound glitch with the pitch fork. it makes the sounds of a wall being shot rather then the flesh stabbing sound we all know and love. I will post some pics of the first level to show were things have been changed or have new stuff added in.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”