ZBloodX

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Thai-Low

Re: ZBloodX

Post by Thai-Low »

I found it out there on the web when looking for some missing blood sprites!

http://buildgamedosboxlaunchers.weebly. ... ncher.html

theres the link if you guys would like to check it out
edward850

Post by edward850 »

This isn't remotely even close to being a "port on dosbox". It's nothing elese but a launcher. Literally just a launcher.
Then again I shouldn't be expecting much from someone who calls ZDoom an emulator.
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

well thank you edward I am now abandoning this project thanks to dickwart850 I'm sick of seeing this smart ass trying to make me look dumb. like I bet this guy just sits at home is 400 pounds and jerks off to hentai 24-7. sorry folks I no long have time to work on this because of this asshole.
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

edward850 wrote:This isn't remotely even close to being a "port on dosbox". It's nothing elese but a launcher. Literally just a launcher.
Then again I shouldn't be expecting much from someone who calls ZDoom an emulator.
Emulator and Source Port are the same word in Mandarin.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

Thai-Low wrote:well thank you edward I am now abandoning this project thanks to dickwart850 I'm sick of seeing this smart ass trying to make me look dumb. like I bet this guy just sits at home is 400 pounds and jerks off to hentai 24-7. sorry folks I no long have time to work on this because of this asshole.
Why would you drop an entire project just because one guy pointed out your broken verbiage?
Minigunner

Post by Minigunner »

edward850 wrote:Why would you drop an entire project just because one guy pointed out your broken verbiage?
And why would you be so insistent of pointing out other's faults? Sure, it's okay to mention that someone made a small mistake, but to treat that person like a retard because of it is not.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Alright, chill the fuck out both of you. This is pretty stupid.
Average

Post by Average »

Hi Thai-Low. Have you tried posting over at Doomworld? Perhaps it's worth a try if you want different 'feedback'. :)

Anyway, I'm interested in your work and I hope you decide to start it up again.
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

It's not the feed back that had pissed me off its the fact that Edward was making me feel like I was nothing more then a retard. any ways heres the beta that I said I would post. level 1 is done 99.9% just missing one dead guy sprite as for the rest of it I was only able to tone it down enemy wise. just highlight all the files and drop them in to zdoom its the only way for it to work right. I hope someone will pick this WAD up and run with it to get it finished because I spent a good 2 weeks of non-stop ripping to get almost all the sprites from blood to port over to doom.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/535e1f
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Thai-Low wrote:It's not the feed back that had pissed me off its the fact that Edward was making me feel like I was nothing more then a retard.
I think you simply can't take criticism.
Edward is blunt, yes, but he's right. No one else said anything because they noticed how excessively harsh you are when you react and no one wants to be trash-talked like you just did.
Not only you completely ignore valid remarks, you're making a fool of yourself by breaking the rules and insulting the crap out of someone that, even if they were a bit rough, wanted to help you make your project more presentable.

If you're going to be childlish and abandon your project because one person decided to be a bit too brutally honest, then you really, really need to grow up. I've written a guide and someone told me that it was an useless piece of shit and i should never write anything because i obviously suck at it. But i didn't. Because i did something mature called "ignoring people you don't like" (which by the way, is NOT how you behave to criticism either).

Now, whether you want to finish this project or not is entirely up to you, but if you want to, at least take a good read of the entire thread and make sure you apply the tips we gave you.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Guess it's time to abandon thread since this is turning into a fight about what is right and wrong. Let the guy work on his mod in peace, folks!

Thai-Low, yes, you were being offensive. Yes, Edward was too. Can we stop comparing sausage sizes? Until then, I'll post in the future.. when the bridge is complete.
Spoiler:
Thai-Low

Post by Thai-Low »

Great Scott the man is right! this why I decided to say to hell with the project ever since day one its been nothing more then a dragged out fight which I no longer want to be a part of. but if people like the hard work that I put into this then I may pick it back up but I know there will just be more fighting so if I do start it up again it will have to be basically a secret project.
Popsoap

Post by Popsoap »

Just so you know, you might want to rename the project. There's already another mod which took the name ZBlood X.
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

Thai-Low wrote: Atari won't release the real code so to see someone go out of his or her way to use that old crappy dosbox as a free base for a source code for blood was pretty cool.
Atari doesn't own the source to Blood. Warner Bros. owns the source to Blood.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”